Got scammed by eBay seller.

dustee

CAG Veteran
I won a GOLD subscription card for cheap on eBay a few weeks back. Decided to buy virtual currency along with the purchase. (long story short) Seller sends used codes; get no further response. His eBay ID just got deleted too if that wasn't enough.

Paypal won't do anything about the virtual currency 'cause apparently they don't have a protection plan against it if you don't use eBay. So my only choice left is to reverse the transaction with my credit card company. What are my chance of getting my money back with them? Do they take virtual currency seriously?

First post BTW. Thanks.

I already have. They're not going to help with the transaction that was made outside of eBay though.

^Yeah, that's what I'm doing. My question is do they give virtual currency the kind of attention they do with physical goods? Or do they just kinda shrug it off?

iys your card account, it doesnt mater what they think, if you paid and the other person did not deliver, its theft, and they do not contest theft of any kind. jut be firm on the phone and tell them it was a service unfilled

Just keep in mind paypal may lock your account/"look into" the funds that you reverse on them. They gave me a hard time but eventually approved the funds going back to me. I don't know whats up with that but whatever (tho mine was a bank to paypal transaction)

It sucks that you got scammed, but ebay works pretty hard to tell you not to do related business outside of their channels. It's just asking to get scammed.

I hope that you get your money back. Was it sent as a personal or a business transaction in paypal?

bread's done
Back