Greatest Hits Midnight Club 3 has load times cut in half from original release!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I read that the PAL release had load times that were cut in half from the US release.

The US original release had load times of 1 minute or longer.

So, I emailed take2 and they confirmed that the Greatest Hits version of the games has updated code with the shorter load times.

So, I bought it and have yet to see a load time over 34 seconds.

So if you are on the fence because of the load times and bad reviews from that, get the GH version. I have played now for a while and this is a great driving game on the PSP and I have them all.

Yes I believe its common knowledge, but thanks though. What driving games do you have and what do you like about each one? I don't have any racing games yet.

great to hear, i picked up the gh midnight club 3 at best buy for $5 (Was ten on BF and knocked it down further with the $5 off coupon) and have yet to play it. Factoring this with the PSP slim's cache is going to make the load times very managable.

[quote name='CLOUT']Factoring this with the PSP slim's cache is going to make the load times very managable.[/QUOTE]
It wont be a factor at all as the game has to be coded to use the extra memory. That means it wont do anything for existing games.

[quote name='SynGamer']Does anyone know the release date for the Greatest Hits version?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I was holding off on buying this at all after reading about 60 second or longer load times.

I am glad I emailed take2 to find that the GREATEST HITS version has updated code for the load times.

I have yet to see more than a 35 second load time and I have been playing the entire city mode.

Really great game.

[quote name='Nephilim']Not sure, but I was holding off on buying this at all after reading about 60 second or longer load times.

I am glad I emailed take2 to find that the GREATEST HITS version has updated code for the load times.

I have yet to see more than a 35 second load time and I have been playing the entire city mode.

Really great game.[/quote]

That's a great improvement, though i'd like to know how they did it...anyway, i wonder how much lower the load times would be on a MS. I have the original game and don't want to buy the GH version just to get improved load times. I'd be willing to bet this could be reduced to 20 seconds possibly.

[quote name='J7.']GH version has been available since 2006. It's always been $15 at Best Buy this past year.[/quote]

Eh, i paid $30 for the regular version...why pay $15 more for this...i'll wait for it to hit $5 or something.

[quote name='daphatty']Can anyone confirm this on a Phat PSP? I know slims are supposed to have this ability by default.[/QUOTE]
this has nothing to do with phat and slim as the GH version is released before the slim psp is out. For slim PSP to have faster loading, the game has to be coded to take advantage of it.

[quote name='62t']this has nothing to do with phat and slim as the GH version is released before the slim psp is out. For slim PSP to have faster loading, the game has to be coded to take advantage of it.[/quote]

Where did you come up with this information? THIS article tested Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (Feb. 2007), Test Drive Unlimited (Mar. 2007), and WWE! SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 (Dec. 2006)...all of which came out before the Slim and i highly doubt the developers released patches just for the UMD cache feature/option.

All existing games (like mentioned above) have faster load times due to the slim's cache. A lot of the early reviews on the slim tested this feature out and while some games they didn't notice much of a difference others had far less load times. I'm hoping the latter is the case with GH MC3.

[quote name='CLOUT']All existing games (like mentioned above) have faster load times due to the slim's cache. A lot of the early reviews on the slim tested this feature out and while some games they didn't notice much of a difference others had far less load times. I'm hoping the latter is the case with GH MC3.[/quote]
100% true. MC3 GH version had better code for faster load times, so its faster on both phat & slim. But PSP Slim also allows faster load times, though it works differently game by game, some greatly benefit some do not.

bread's done
Back