GS/EB: trade in 2 psp/ds games, bonus $10 store credit

saw this in the window at gs today. havent seen it online though, can anyone else confirm?

*added from the website
Trade 2 PSP/DS Games for Extra $10 Offer Trade 2 PSP/DS games get an extra $10!
Expires: 8/19/2007.
Ping Pals & Sprung excluded from offer.
Other exclusions may apply.
Offer not good on cash trades.
Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value.
Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Trade-ins subject to manager approval.
Offer subject to change at anytime
(lame).
See store associate for details. No dealers.

*added from gs/eb email newsletter, check your spam folder
Receive An Extra $10 Trade-In Credit (In-Store Offer Only)
Handheld gaming just keeps growing and growing. Expiring August 19, when you trade-in two DS or PSP games receive an additional $10 trade-in credit towards your next purchase. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-In Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply, see site for details.

Info's likely to go up tomorrow as all the current deals end tonight. Although stores have already set up posters at stores, from what I've seen.

I'm lucky enough to be by a GR that still gives $5 extra for 3+ trades. That on top of the fact GR always gives more for trades makes this deal bitter. Thanks for the heads up though OP.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']if this works, there are TONS of games to flip at kmart!!!![/quote]

Yep, this could turn out to be a great promo for racking up credit. We need to see the exclusion list first though.

[quote name='onikage']Yep, this could turn out to be a great promo for racking up credit. We need to see the exclusion list first though.[/quote]Most likely to be anything that's not current retail price.

i will wait to see if anyone actually comes up with some sorta plan to get like 2.99 games and rip off GS, just what they deservee!!

Sounds like it has potential, but we need to know a few things:

-Dates
-Exclusion List
-List of PSP and DS games that you can find (and where) for less than $10
-Can you Mix and Match

For maximum profit and the least percentage for error.

[quote name='beerguy961']We'll see how much I can get for RE: DS and Contact. Hopefully I'll pay off Phantom Hourglass[/quote]

Contact might get you $8-$9, RE: DS will probably be no more than $4-$5 (possibly even $3).

Still, with a +10 trade skill, that'll be at least $22; not too shabby.

Be sure to post your values here so someone can add them to the CAGWiki:

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values#DS

[quote name='mcgavin27']has the potential to be a great deal, just need to see an exclusion list.[/quote]

as with the avatar/mtr dealio, do it asap before anyone reads their emails!

Simple checking of GameStop's site, here's a few games needed to be either updated or added, prices in blue font are increases and prices in red font are decreases, normal color are new ones:

:ds: DS Games
Animal Crossing: Wild World - $12
Digimon World DS - $12
Electroplankton - $16
Monopoly Boggle Yahtzee - $12
New Super Mario Bros. - $12
Pokémon Diamond - $18
Pokémon Pearl - $18
Super Mario 64 DS - $12
Tetris DS - $12

:psp: PSP Games
Ace Combat X - $15
Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai: Another Road - $15
Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground - $15
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $16
Ratatouille - $15
Riviera: The Promised Land - $16
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - $15
Transformers the Game - $16
TraxxPad Portable Studio - $15

Tsukento, my formula has been almost always spot on to the trade value you get @ GS. My theory is you take what they're selling a game for USED, divide that amount in HALF, then reduce THAT amount by somewhere between $1-3.

This is, of course, assuming that halving it doesn't take it down to under $3, in which case you're lucky if you get even .50-.75 for it. Since GS Corp stopped giving a guaranteed $1 minimum value for ANY game, I refuse to trade there even moreso.

Oh and thanks for the compliment there monkeydeew, but quite frankly, the handheld game flipping isn't my thing, since I don't own a PSP or DS, so I don't have ANY CLUE as to what is and isn't cheap @ Kmart/CC/BB for flipping during these promos.

Now, if they were taking PS2/Xbox games and I hadn't completely stripped clean all of my own local Kmarts(as well as others when I was outta town on biz) of copies of the Clancy Triple Pack and they still gave a bare min of $1 per game, I could SOOOOO clean up on that deal again.

However, I have umpteen empty CTP cases sitting around the house collecting dust since I swapped the games inside in disc only en masse during the LAST trade 3/get $10 extra. But, there are NO MORE COPIES probably within a 30-60 miles radius of my house, thanks to my egregious flipping of those games. LMAO

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Tsukento, my formula has been almost always spot on to the trade value you get @ GS. My theory is you take what they're selling a game for USED, divide that amount in HALF, then reduce THAT amount by somewhere between $1-3.

This is, of course, assuming that halving it doesn't take it down to under $3, in which case you're lucky if you get even .50-.75 for it. Since GS Corp stopped giving a guaranteed $1 minimum value for ANY game, I refuse to trade there even moreso.[/quote]
I believe we had a few people who work at GameStop that come here confirm that sometimes prices won't change for games yet the trade value will lower or go higher without notice. So it's kinda hard to really determine actual trade in values without asking.

[quote name='djkunai']I'm lucky enough to be by a GR that still gives $5 extra for 3+ trades. That on top of the fact GR always gives more for trades makes this deal bitter. Thanks for the heads up though OP.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding! I suppose my GR might still be doing this if they hadn't shut down. There were as of Feb before they closed, anyway. Sigh - oh, the good ol' days. Now I'm reduced to scrounging around at EB/GS deals (though the 50% GC bonus was pretty good, even compared to GR).

This one, might, possibly, be worthwhile, but I'm not giddy with anticipation or anything :lol:.

Tsukento, I will update those prices now. As usual, anyone who does this deal (if it happens) please post the ORIGINAL trade prices (before bonus) here and I'll add them to the Wiki.

Dang, I have 3 PSP gamesI want to ditch before I move, but they're probably excluded, AND I don't have a 4th game from the PSP or DS to trade in to maximize this. Ah, well.

[quote name='io']Tsukento, I will update those prices now. As usual, anyone who does htis deal (if it happens) please post the ORIGINAL trade prices (before bonus) here and I'll add them to the Wiki.[/quote]
Not on topic, but might as well let you know of a few others that could use updating as well, you know?

:wii: Wii Games
Big Brain Academy - $20
The Bigs - $20
Mario Party 8 - $30
Pokémon Battle Revolution - $25
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $20
Transformers the Game - $20

:ps3: PlayStation 3 Games
All-Pro Football 2K8 - $25
The Darkness - $25
NCAA Football 2008 - $25
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $30
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $30
Transformers the Game - $25

:360: Xbox 360 Games
All-Pro Football 2K8 - $25
The Darkness - $25
Dirt - $25
Forza Motor Sports 2 - $25
Gears of War - $25
NCAA Football 2008 - $25
Overlord - $25
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $25
Transformers the Game - $25
Vampire Rain - $17

:ps2:PlayStation 2 Games
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - $17
God of War II - $15
Guitar Hero 2 Rocks the 80's - $25
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - $35
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 - $18
NCAA Football 2008 - $20
Odin Sphere - $18
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne - $18
Transformers the Game - $18

:xbox: Xbox Games
DDR Ultramix 4 - $10
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - $12
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis - $12
Major League Baseball 2K7 - $12
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - $30
NCAA Football 2008 - $16
Ratatouille - $15
Sniper Elite - $10
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy - $12

:gc: GameCube Games
DDR Mario Mix - $20
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $18
Madden NFL 2008 - $16
Mario Kart Double Dash - $15
Mario Power Tennis - $15
Pokemon Colosseum - $12
Ratatouille - $14
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - $14
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $14

I just got back from a GS and the manager said that there are no exclusions, not even on sports games. This was at the Rocky Mount, NC store.

If there are no exclusions this will be awesome. I'm getting rid of Feel The Magic I bought at TRU for $2 new, and maybe I'll go to CC and buy Monster Bomber for $4.96 just to trade it in with that.

Super Mario 64 DS - $12

Hmm, might have to trade that one in, especially since I had gotten it for $15 and it was part of a B2G1F deal a while ago but could never really get into playing it. Not to mention I've been meaning to dump Frantix which I got on clearance for $5. So $3 for Frantix + $12 for Mario 64 DS + $10 bonus...$25, I can live with that.

:whistle2:k

Hopefully there's no exclusions. I could trade the two $2 copies of World Championship Poker I bought at Sears for probably $11. :lol:

I just got back from GS and the sign said that Ping Pals and Sprung are excluded. It also said "other exclusions may apply."

[quote name='ihadFG']I just got back from GS and the sign said that Ping Pals and Sprung are excluded. It also said "other exclusions may apply."[/quote]

Did you ask what those "other exclusions" might be? :whistle2:k

dam we need a list!!, if this works and their is a loop on the exclusions, you could probably get a grip of 2.99 games buy about... 20 of them and make about 40 dollars in credit?(Making $100 credit(for the trades)-($60 for the 20 games)) dam i can get GTA4 then
could i stack this deal and their other
"Get an Extra 10% Trade Credit when you trade-in your games towards any reservation!

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid towards cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associates for details."?

I just called my local gamestop and the deal starts tomorrow. She didn't have any information beyond that though, like the exclusions etc. But it does start tomorrow. Now does anyone know where I can get some cheap PSP/DS games to trade in?

[quote name='noone13']I just called my local gamestop and the deal starts tomorrow. She didn't have any information beyond that though, like the exclusions etc. But it does start tomorrow. Now does anyone know where I can get some cheap PSP/DS games to trade in?[/quote]
Kmart currently has a 30% off clearance items sale going on.

Does anyone know if the games must include case and manual? Cause it would be great to have some spare cases. I'm sure no one would care if they bought Sprung/Ping Pals/Polarium cart only...

[quote name='suko_32']Does anyone know if the games must include case and manual? Cause it would be great to have some spare cases. I'm sure no one would care if they bought Sprung/Ping Pals/Polarium cart only...[/quote]
Considering some stores have games without the cases at all, I don't think that'd be a problem.

1) Shouldn't matter if the game has a case or not. It'll just depend on who rings it up if they decide to take it (which they should take it anyway without taking anything off - if they don't, complain to GS corp. office.)

2) IAmTheCheapestGamer pretty much hit the nail on the head for the trade values. I usually tell people take about 1/2 off the selling price for a newer game and about 1/3 for something older and you have your trade value. Sports games are the exception to that since they are almost worthless a month after it comes out.

I'm actually surprised they are doing 2 +$X0 trade deals back to back instead of a +%X0 based one. Then again, there was the extra $10 deal this time last summer.

Yeah I agree it depends on who rings you up. I took some disc only games to a Gamestop in the mall. They told me they needed the case for non GBA and DS games. I took the games to an EB in the same mall and they took the games.

Well, I've got 8 DS games together for this deal. While $10 for two games sucks (which is what I'll be getting for the games I'm tossing in) sucks, it's better than what I'd get on eBay for the two combined, so whatever. Better $10 than sit there while I don't play them.

LOL Yoshi, I had that happen to me with the Clancy Triple Pack a bunch of times. I got told they 'needed to charge me a refurbishing fee'(which is GS's backdoor way of saying 'we're gonna overcharge you for the cases and crap we get for pennies so your trade is even MORE worthless than usual').

I basically told the guy 'give me my games back' and the next day, I hit another GS and they took them no problem. It really does depend on the clerk, but the guy who tried charging me the ridiculously high fees said 'it's company policy', so I guess all those games sitting there with no regular case or artwork got traded in for FREE basically because those 'refurb fees', which they charge when you trade in scratched games too sometimes take away half of the trade value.

And, from basic math in school, taking away half of nothing still means you have nothing.

Monster Bomber (DS) is $4.96 at CC - that might be a good one for this, but I have no clue. It sells for $12.99 used - I find it hard to believe they would give $6.50 for it, but anything over $4 is a good deal. You also need to remember that prices go up or down based on system-wide supply so the "half of the used price" thing is OK, but probably just a starting point.

I'll check on that one tomorrow - now I need to find some other stuff...

Edit - Harvest Moon for the DS is $29.99 new with no used price shown. Assuming that is $24.99 that means GS gives $12 for it? I highly doubt it, but even if it is $6-$8 that's worth it with this deal (it can be had for $5 at Best Buy after GamePro coupon).

I don't have much stuff to drop (I'm reluctant to get rid of FTB2), but I might be able to find a couple games to get rid of if there aren't a whole lot of restrictions. I want to pick up Metal Gear Ac!d finally. That $10 price tag for a used MGA really kills me but I would get it with this deal, I guess.

bread's done
Back