GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Abeja']I think you are giving the TIV after the promo. GS has changed it now so the TIV after promo shows up on the reciept and not the base

Side note, last night I traded in 10 games and like an idiot, I didnt do it in two separate transactions. The lady was the manager and asked me if I wanted to look around to see if I wanted anything while she did the trade in. That was fine cause I wanted to check a couple prices on some games for the b2g1 free. So when i get the receipt I jsut kinda glance over it and see some of the TIVs. Well when I got home, I looked at the receipt and and the computer had given me the trade 5 get and extra 20 for the first 5 games, the extra 10 for the next 3 games, and my last two games got no bonus except the Powercard.[/QUOTE]

So just to add on to this story, I went to the same GS and the same manager was there to see If I can get credit back on my card. She said "No once the transaction is complete, you cant do anything, the computer should give u the best trade-in". Wonderful. I told her "but it didnt in this instance". Then i tried trading a game for the %50 and use my PowerUpRewards B2G1 free for the games and of course that was a no-go. Im gonna be calling corporate today to see if I can get my credit back cause that is horseshit that the computer screws it up like that when it gives the "best" trade in.

Forgot to report these the other day. All base values from 12/31/10...

:360: BioShock 2 - $4.00
:360: LEGO Rock Band - $3.00
:360: Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack - $2.50
:360: Wolfenstein - $4.00

:wii: Disney Princess Enchanted Journey - $6.00

[quote name='Abeja']So just to add on to this story, I went to the same GS and the same manager was there to see If I can get credit back on my card. She said "No once the transaction is complete, you cant do anything, the computer should give u the best trade-in". Wonderful. I told her "but it didnt in this instance". Then i tried trading a game for the %50 and use my PowerUpRewards B2G1 free for the games and of course that was a no-go. Im gonna be calling corporate today to see if I can get my credit back cause that is horseshit that the computer screws it up like that when it gives the "best" trade in.[/QUOTE]

technically they can look up any transaction and void it as long as its the same store and you know the register you made the trade/purchase at. but voiding transactions hurts their %'s

Gran Turismo 5 $25 base still
Red Dead Redemption PS3 $10 base
Batman Arkham Asylum PS3 $6 base

Got a used game and the 50% bump after base.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Or if they have a bunch of customers in line at the register they might not have time to look up TIV's. But if you live in CA, it's apparently against the law now because of an extension to the state's pawn laws.[/QUOTE]
Well I was told to hold for literally 5 seconds, then he got back to me, so maybe he just said that because of customers. What did strike me odd is how he said that they're not allowed to do it, not that he was too busy or anything, also I'm from Texas. I'll try calling another store in a bit.

I know I just registered but I used this guide to help me decide to sell my stuff at GameStop and I appreciate the TC for making this topic so I want to return the offer and state what I got as TIV
DS Lite was $25 + 50% bonus as stated
:ds: Super Mario 64 DS - $8
:ds: Animal Crossing: Wild World - $5
:ds: Big Brain Academy - $1
:ds: Brain Age: Train Your Brain in a Day - $1.50

[quote name='Abeja']So just to add on to this story, I went to the same GS and the same manager was there to see If I can get credit back on my card. She said "No once the transaction is complete, you cant do anything, the computer should give u the best trade-in". Wonderful. I told her "but it didnt in this instance". Then i tried trading a game for the %50 and use my PowerUpRewards B2G1 free for the games and of course that was a no-go. Im gonna be calling corporate today to see if I can get my credit back cause that is horseshit that the computer screws it up like that when it gives the "best" trade in.[/QUOTE]

She could have Voided the transaction and redid it. GS like screwing people and hope people take it in their tailpipe.

[quote name='The Punisher']She could have Voided the transaction and redid it. GS like screwing people and hope people take it in their tailpipe.[/QUOTE]
That trade-in system is fallible as fuck. From my experience, when they do special promotions where you trade in specific games to get a particular bonus, it doesn't automatically prompt the cashier. You might get what would be the best outside of the promotion.

Anyway, whenever I go to Gamestop, I lay out exactly what I intend to do. Nothing less, nothing more.

In terms of trading, I managed to get pristine copies of Heavy Rain and Valkyria Chronicles for $4.55 in cash after my Black Ops trade. :whistle2:#

Ah, I had this experience last night when I traded in a bunch of games. Dude told me computer would get me the best deal, but it didn't. Luckily, he had no problem changing it for some games to get 50% and others to get the promo bonus instead.

Values from today (1/5/11)

:wii:
Elebits - $0.50
Major Minor's Majestic March - $0.50
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - $5.00

:ds:
Away Shuffle Dungeon - $1.00
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $3.00
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - $1.00
Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood - $4.00

:psp:
Mimana Iyar Chronicle - $6.00
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $5.00
Valhalla Knights - $1.50

1/04/11 Sorry a day late.

X360 Brutal Legend 4.00
X360 Half Life 2 The Orange Box 5.00
X360 Rock Band 2 3.00

Xbox 360
Dragon Age Ulitimate Edition $18
Singularity $8
Mini Ninjas $7
NHL 09 $.20 lol
Mx vs Atv Reflex $5
Dantes Inferno $7
Brutal Legend $4
Halo Wars $7

Ds
Escape the Museum $3 (I was really surprise that this got over a dollar)

1/5

:wii:
Guitar Hero Van Halen - $6
Super Mario Galaxy - $7 (quoted - didn't trade)

:360:
Eternal Sonata - $5

:ps3:
Bioshock 2 - $4 (quoted - didn't trade)
God of War III - $9
Lego Rock Band - $4
Wet - $5

$51.90 total for the 5 I traded after bonus + PowerUp Card (I really just liked typing "Edge" but oh well ;)).
Not too shabby...

So as you can see I went in with 7 games, prepared to take anything out that dropped or didn't qualify. I got pretty much what I expected and even more on Wet, which was $5 in the OP but from a long time back. Bioshock 2 and SMG were just my backup games anyway. Sucks that Bio 2 is so low, though - $1 less than the first one, actually.

1/4

LittleBigPlanet (original, not game of the year) - PS3 - $7

Note: I traded this in along with using my Powerup Pro B2G1F used coupon, and the extra 50% trade in promo DID NOT stack.

1/5

Tron Evolution - Xbox 360 - $18
Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs - DS - $9
Contra 4 - DS - $4
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet - Xbox 360 - $11
Rock Band 2 - Xbox 360 - $3
Halo 3 ODST - Xbox 360 - $4

Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs and Tron Evolution are both new to the list, I think. At least last time I checked.

From today (1/5/11):

:ps3: NCAA Football 11 - $16.00
:ps3: God Of War III - $9.00
:ps3: Where The Wild Things Are - $3.00
:360: UFC 2010 - $7.00
:ds: Transformers Rotf Autobots - $5.00
:ds: Princes and the Frog - $5.00
:ds: Shrek Forever After - $6.00
:wii: Bakugan - $5.00
:wii: Casper's Spooky Sports Day - $5.00
:wii: All Star Cheer Squad 2 - $4.00
:wii: Madagascar Kartz - $6.00
:wii: No More Heroes 2 - $4.00

Im looking to get LBP2 on release from gamestop, now what would be a better option...

I have 5 games to trade in, should I trade them in now ahead of time for the extra 20 dollars bonus(and just wait to use the credit on the 18th), Or wait a little longer and then trade them in toward a copy of LBP2 for the extra 25% (on each title) Which is the better idea?

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Im looking to get LBP2 on release from gamestop, now what would be a better option...

I have 5 games to trade in, should I trade them in now ahead of time for the extra 20 dollars bonus(and just wait to use the credit on the 18th), Or wait a little longer and then trade them in toward a copy of LBP2 for the extra 25% (on each title) Which is the better idea?[/QUOTE]
Whichever yields the most credit, I assume. What games are looking to trade?

[quote name='sadboy']Whichever yields the most credit, I assume. What games are looking to trade?[/QUOTE]

Looking to trade,

GOW Collection - $6
Killzone 2 - $4
LittleBigPlanet GOTY - $8
inFamous - $6
The Saboteur - $5

with the Bonus 20 bucks that would give me 49 dollars. Im just debating waiting on trading them because Im looking for trade deals here at CAG, but the $20 extra trade expires on the 9th, so id have to do it this weekend. hmmmmmm...

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Looking to trade,

GOW Collection - $6
Killzone 2 - $4
inFamous - $6
The Saboteur - $5

with the Bonus 20 bucks that would give me 49 dollars. Im just debating waiting on trading them because Im looking for trade deals here at CAG, but the $20 extra trade expires on the 9th, so id have to do it this weekend. hmmmmmm...[/QUOTE]

The trade x get $10/20 are really good for getting rid of games with low TIVs. Even if you were to get 60% (50 plus the 10 from the card), it would only give you $46.4. I wouldnt wait.

So... YMMV but my gamestop store, as well as a couple others that were called in, report that they are disposing of all used ds game cases. Possibly as a way to save shelf space(Yet they still sell gamecube games, go figure).

Anyone else getting these reports? I had a copy of mario vs donkey kong 2 for in-store pickup yesterday, and I came in today to find out they sold it off... at least it was the cart only since they disposed of the cases this morning. Even the gamestop employee thought it was retarded. =/

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Looking to trade,

GOW Collection - $6
Killzone 2 - $4
inFamous - $6
The Saboteur - $5

with the Bonus 20 bucks that would give me 49 dollars. Im just debating waiting on trading them because Im looking for trade deals here at CAG, but the $20 extra trade expires on the 9th, so id have to do it this weekend. hmmmmmm...[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't trade in Little Big Planet 1, if you're planning to get 2. The content carries over.

This is not new. If you want to change it, do the survey they are always asking you to do. Dont give the employees any bad scores, but tell them you will refuse to purchase any used ds game unless it comes with the coverart. If it gets traded in like that, oh well, but to just get rid of them all, thats stupid.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']

I wouldn't trade in Little Big Planet 1, if you're planning to get 2. The content carries over.[/QUOTE]

Yea the content is carried over, so what use is LBP1 to me anymore haha. So Im gonna trade it anyway, No reason to keep it at all

Does anyone know if GS will accept a 360 that works but doesn't read disks?

I've already replaced it with a slim, so its just sitting here collecting dust. I guess I could buy a new laser for it.

Took some trades in today (1/6/11).

Xbox 360 20 GB Hard Drive: 6.00
Tomb Raider Underworld (360): 2.50
Brutal Legend (360): 4.00
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii): 4.00

Traded in today
DS:
Chrono Trigger- $6
Infinite Space- $6
Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar-$7
PS3:
LBP GOTY-$9
360:
Lips-$4

Tried to reserve LBP2 Collector's Edition, they stopped taking pre orders =(

1/6/11

PS3
Modnation Racers - $9.00

PS2
Tomb Raider Anniversary - $2.00
Shadow of Rome - $1.50
Red Dead Revolver - $ 4.75
Rogue Galaxy - $2.00
LOTR: Return of the King - $0.90
Zone of the Enders - $0.60
Harvey Birdman - $0.40
Sly 2 - $1.25
Sly 3 - $1.75

Also had a bunch of old 2K5 type sports games they wouldn't even take (not that I'm surprised). I guess I'll just pass them off to a kid I know who still has a PS2....

Updated lists and database.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell us somebody was in the bathroom? Slipped your mind? Did you forget that somebody was in there with a goddamn hand cannon?"

TIV from today

Rock Band 2 - $3
Burnout Revenge - $5
Lost Odyssey - $5
RS Vegas 2 - $1

PS3

Killzone 2 - $4

Didn't trade Lost Odyssey or Vegas 2.

1/6
iconxbox360.gif

Smackdown vs Raw 2011 $17
Sims 3 $18
Blur $9

[quote name='JJSP']Confirming :360: Black Ops at $30 and adding :ds: New Super Mario Bros at $15.[/QUOTE]

I too can confirm that. I ended up getting Resistance: Fall of Man since I have yet to play the game and just got the remaining 35.01 on a gift card. My girl got me the game for Christmas, but ended up getting me the Prestige edition today so we decided to unload it.

[quote name='dominator']I too can confirm that. I ended up getting Resistance: Fall of Man since I have yet to play the game and just got the remaining 35.01 on a gift card. My girl got me the game for Christmas, but ended up getting me the Prestige edition today so we decided to unload it.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering whether the leftover credit carried over, since the bonus comes when you use it on pre-owned games. The cashier at the store I visited said it would.

Base TIVs from today:

Wii

MX vs. ATV: Untamed - $5
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $5
WII Aces - $6

DS

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $5
Rhythm Heaven - $5

Base trades from today:

PS3:
-Army of Two The 40th Day - $7
-God of War 3 - $9
-Final Fantasy XIII - $5

Base TIVs from yesterday afternoon:

All 360
-Aliens Vs. Predator $6
-Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days $5
-Transformers: War For Cybertron $9

For those interested:
-Slim PS2 $15
-Sony PS2 8 Meg MemCard $1

Base TV as of yesterday (1/7/2011)

:ps3::
Ninja Gaiden Sigma-$2.50
Darksiders-$4.00
Devil May Cry 4-$2.50
Rock Band 2-$1.00

:ds::
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings-$4.00
Avalon Code-$2.00

Hey guys, is the 50% trade in promo for all games still alive?

If so, I just like to know if I had to purchase a preowned game or accessory, can't I just get a $2 preowned game and keep the rest on credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back