GS TIV/Promos: OLD THREAD, NEW ONE LISTED IN FIRST & LAST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10756146

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Power Up Rewards Change:
[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']In 4 markets from April 30-June 9 there's going to be a change to Powerup Pro subscriptions/renewals. I believe it's the 4 markets that first beta tested PUR, but not sure on that. I know my market (STL) beta tested PUR and now this.

The base price of PUR Pro is staying at $14.99 but that is only for a digital subscription to the magazine. If you want the physical magazine, it will come with the digital sub, but at a price of $19.99. This affects all new subs/renewals in the 4 markets for the above period, with a likely national rollout later this year.

No matter how much you complain in the four markets this is happening in, store managers, area managers, district managers, whatever, will be unable to get you a print subscription for $14.99.

If you're wanting print, I would suggest renewing your PUR Pro this weekend before this kicks in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee #1']Can you just let the group know the next trade value is

Trade 3 get 10, trade 5 get 20, trade 7 get 35 games must be a minimum of 3.00 to qualify.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee #2']So GS stores should soon be receiving physical Amazon gift cards to put into their gift cards racks to be sold. They are labeled as Kindle cards but we all know how that works. Seems to be a chain-wide thing as my store is the home store of an area manager (step below district manager) and we had a long conversation about this today so it's not meant as some type of backup to a promo like the digital codes were.

On a note if you want to know more about the GS clientele, we have also gotten Shell gas cards in the same shipment. Since all Circle K stations are Shell stations, we are now able to stop having as many cash trades and get people to go credit to get the gas cards (I did it twice yesterday although I had to sell them a copy of MLB 2K8 to get them over $25 on one of the transactions.)

Our store is so physically small these are the first non console/Steam/WoW/SWTOR we've gotten, no YUM cards or anything like that for us until this week. At our store, I estimate about 2/3 of our cash trades are for gas, the other 1/3 have to assume are for drugs. So hopefully we don't have to give out as much cash now.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 6/2/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] 30% extra in-store credit when you trade any games, accessories, systems, smart phones, tablets and more toward:

• PlayStation Plus
  • Kindle fire
  • Net 10
  • Beats headsets
  • Grid 2
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • The Last of Us
  • NCAA Football 14
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Grand Theft Auto V
[/QUOTE]

Trade 3/5/7 games get extra $10/20/35 credit (Ends 6/2/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get $10 extra in-store credit, trade any 5 for a $20 extra or 7 or more for $35 extra

Games with a trade value less than $3.00 are excluded from offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$50 Wii to WiiU Upgrade Offer (Ends 6/2/13)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 when you trade your Wii system toward the purchase of any new Wii U system.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='GameStop.com']

Full trade amount must be applied toward a new Wii U system. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 5/1/13 through 6/2/13.​
[/QUOTE]

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 6/2/13)

[quote name='GameStop.com'] Get any new game valued at $59.99 for $9.99 when you trade in 2 eligible games:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='GameStop.com']

Army of Two Devil's Cartel
BioShock Infinite
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Dead Island Riptide
Defiance
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FIFA Soccer 13
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Gears of War: Judgment
God of War: Ascension
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
LEGO City: Undercover
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Major League Baseball 2K13
Mario Party 9
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
MLB 13: The Show
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
NHL 13
Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon SoulSilver
Star Trek
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition
Super Mario Bros, New 2
Super Mario Bros. New
Super Mario Bros. New U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Tales of Graces f
Tiger Woods 14
WWE 13
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
*Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game priced $59.98 or higher. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. Eligible games must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.​

[/QUOTE]​

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":
:gc:=916xxx

:360:=952xxx

:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx​

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,17,18 ,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.
No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jack_Frost']can the bday coupon, power up 10% and $10 off pre-owned stack?[/QUOTE]

Yes as mentioned before, though the way the coupons would stack is $item-10%-$10-20%

[quote name='strait edge follower']they lied to your face ! they just dont want to cancel it cause it hurts their numbers (which determines their hours). i even had a guy beg me not to cancel my bioshock bre order and he haggled me with a dlc code to try and get me to change my mind lmao. it was so sad smh[/QUOTE]

Figures. The next time I go to Gamestop I'll pressure them to cancel the pre-order. Damn, when I worked at Gamestop I never wasted time caring about someone cancelling a pre-order. I know its the way they have to get up in the company but seriously, no need to straight up lie to me about it. Happy I barely ever get people that do this at that Gamestop and others.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Figures. The next time I go to Gamestop I'll pressure them to cancel the pre-order. Damn, when I worked at Gamestop I never wasted time caring about someone cancelling a pre-order. I know its the way they have to get up in the company but seriously, no need to straight up lie to me about it. Happy I barely ever get people that do this at that Gamestop and others.[/QUOTE]
Just don't forget (as long as you care about not ruining someone else's day) to cancel it with the same guy who rang you up for it the first time.

This is SoulSilver Game Only?

If I trade it back to GameStop for more than I paid for it, what are my chances of being banned? lol

Awakening is getting a good deal on Amazon.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']This is SoulSilver Game Only?

If I trade it back to GameStop for more than I paid for it, what are my chances of being banned? lol

Awakening is getting a good deal on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Correct, game only.

Can't comment on the flipping suggestion as it will just go into a flame war. However, I can say that I remember a few being banned for it.

If you mean the $20 bonus, you can turn a lot of stuff (>$20 TIV) for a good amount. I traded in my extra Skyrim CE PS3 (bought for $60 in GS credit) for $122 plus the $20 bonus. Hope it turns out ok.

Pretty Big Trade in:

Xbox 360 (all base)
Darksiders 2 $8
Duke Nukem $.30
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter $5
LA Noire: Complete Edition $11
Crysis 2 $5
Batman: Arkham City $6
Batman: Arkham Asylum $2.50
Darksiders $5
Bulletstorm $1
Dead Space 3 $15
Dead Space 2 $5
Dead Space $9
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $1
Battlefield 3 $5
Star Wars TFU 2 $5
Dragon Age: Origins Ult Ed $9
Drago Age 2 $2
Star Wars TFU $1
Medal of Honor $1
Oblivion GOTY $5
Brink $.75
Borderlands GOTY $7
Red Faction Armageddon $.75
Max Payne 3 $7
Witcher 2 $11
Saints Row The Third: Full Package $17
Two Worlds 2 $3

[quote name='Gamer SDP']lol I would take the dlc and just cancel another day.

I've had random preorders tacked on a few times (as well as bullshit about "free" preorders) during my trades. Lucky for them I forgot to do the surveys in time. I do remember the people so I just have to make sure to cancel on the same person for their shady doings.

Do the preorders/cancellation/subscriptions directly affect employee hours (like the pos would dock them an hour a week for every cancellation) or are the store managers just not competent enough to figure out which employees actually know what they're doing and do it efficiently.[/QUOTE]

It does, in a way, determine hours. If an employee has lower Res/Pro numbers, it may look like they aren't giving 100% at work, and therefore they should get less hours than somebody who is doing well enough. Hell, when I started at the store I am at right now, I went about two weeks with negative numbers for pre-orders, because everybody decided the new guy deserved all of the cancels :lol: It is aggravating, but I refuse to pressure somebody more than asking if they are interested in putting money towards a game they show interest in.

i think there was a quote a couple days ago for $26 (which it probably is now). the $30 isn't base, it is the base + whatever makes it $30

Does anyone know the current base for Ocarina of Time 3D? It keeps dropping. I'm hoping for $22.

Also, thanks, bob330i. I'll avoid trading back games I bought at Gamestop to Gamestop just to be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sninh']i think there was a quote a couple days ago for $26 (which it probably is now). the $30 isn't base, it is the base + whatever makes it $30[/QUOTE]
I went to the store not too long ago and it's $30 base value without any bonuses

[quote name='Vulgarism']It does, in a way, determine hours. If an employee has lower Res/Pro numbers, it may look like they aren't giving 100% at work, and therefore they should get less hours than somebody who is doing well enough. Hell, when I started at the store I am at right now, I went about two weeks with negative numbers for pre-orders, because everybody decided the new guy deserved all of the cancels :lol: It is aggravating, but I refuse to pressure somebody more than asking if they are interested in putting money towards a game they show interest in.[/QUOTE]

So like I said, if the manager doesn't know anything they will assign hours based on "the numbers". Those are probably the types that tell people they get a free preorder when they trade something in.

If someone cancels and reserves at the same time, does that count as a cancel and reserve? What if someone 'cancels" after release? Also what about returns?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']So like I said, if the manager doesn't know anything they will assign hours based on "the numbers". Those are probably the types that tell people they get a free preorder when they trade something in.

If someone cancels and reserves at the same time, does that count as a cancel and reserve? What if someone 'cancels" after release? Also what about returns?[/QUOTE]

It's -1 and +1, so 0 Net Res. If someone cancels after release, it's a cancel (-1).

Returns don't do anything.

[quote name='sasukekun']It's -1 and +1, so 0 Net Res. If someone cancels after release, it's a cancel (-1).

Returns don't do anything.[/QUOTE]

Moral of the story: pick up your pre-orders and then return. Better for employees, and you get the pre-order bonus codes (if any).

[quote name='mask.air.raid']Also, thanks, bob330i. I'll avoid trading back games I bought at Gamestop to Gamestop just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, the flipping ban comment really refers to doing a same day flip vs. legitimately playing the game then trading it in to GS a month later. I don't see any issues with the latter scenario and I think GS wouldn't care much either. It's just a rare occurance that you can buy something and trade it in for more which opens up the same day/same store flip issue.

[quote name='@FIF']Moral of the story: pick up your pre-orders and then return. Better for employees, and you get the pre-order bonus codes (if any).[/QUOTE]

Usually just better to change it to a game you want instead of picking up a game you dont want and returning it.

[quote name='bob330i']Just to clarify, the flipping ban comment really refers to doing a same day flip vs. legitimately playing the game then trading it in to GS a month later. I don't see any issues with the latter scenario and I think GS wouldn't care much either. It's just a rare occurance that you can buy something and trade it in for more which opens up the same day/same store flip issue.[/QUOTE]

OK. Thanks. I bought it a few weeks ago and one of the employees looked like he wanted to flag me for pre-order returns, so I should keep it for a while.

What happens when these promotions end? I wanted to get into some of these, but I don't know if I should wait for the promotions to "consolidate" into a few better ones.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']What happens when these promotions end? I wanted to get into some of these, but I don't know if I should wait for the promotions to "consolidate" into a few better ones.[/QUOTE]It tends to vary--the day after promos end, sometimes a better promo starts, sometimes a similar one starts, sometimes the same one gets extended, and occasionally no new promos of value start. It's a risk, though, that much is certain.

Big gamble on the games.

What are the chances that an employee will straight up tell me about the next promotion?

I thinking that the 30% bonus is like right in the middle of a range and I wouldn't want to miss the 50% if it happens.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']Big gamble on the games.

What are the chances that an employee will straight up tell me about the next promotion?

I thinking that the 30% bonus is like right in the middle of a range and I wouldn't want to miss the 50% if it happens.[/QUOTE]Well, it depends on whether an employee would tell you, if that employee even knows what promos are upcoming. You would probably have a better chance asking a manager who recognizes you as a regular customer.

I also wouldn't want to trade in some games now if the 50% is coming back, so I'll give it a shot and ask at a local store this weekend if I get the chance.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']Big gamble on the games.

I thinking that the 30% bonus is like right in the middle of a range and I wouldn't want to miss the 50% if it happens.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, there's no 50% going on anytime soon.

[quote name='Vigilante']Well, it depends on whether an employee would tell you, if that employee even knows what promos are upcoming. You would probably have a better chance asking a manager who recognizes you as a regular customer.

I also wouldn't want to trade in some games now if the 50% is coming back, so I'll give it a shot and ask at a local store this weekend if I get the chance.[/QUOTE]

I need to pick up some games and return a few, so I'll ask tomorrow if I get the chance.

I hope that someone answers my question. Three employees there should know me by now.

I'll report back here with my findings.

[quote name='sasukekun']AFAIK, there's no 50% going on anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

No hype, huh?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']lol I would take the dlc and just cancel another day.

I've had random preorders tacked on a few times (as well as bullshit about "free" preorders) during my trades. Lucky for them I forgot to do the surveys in time. I do remember the people so I just have to make sure to cancel on the same person for their shady doings.

Do the preorders/cancellation/subscriptions directly affect employee hours (like the pos would dock them an hour a week for every cancellation) or are the store managers just not competent enough to figure out which employees actually know what they're doing and do it efficiently.[/QUOTE]

A shifty employee did that to me when BO2 was coming out. I did the trade in for + 30%-50%(I forget which since it has been a while) extra credit if applying towards a used game. I was going to to get a refurb psp, the protection plan, and keep the the other $50 credit. Well the guy wouldn't let me use the promo. Even on a legitimate trade for preowned games. The only way he would let it go through is if I put $5 down on a pre-order. Well I asked for his manager and he gave me the same bs. Even though there was a sign in the store advertising the pre-owned trade in special.So I called corporate and they said SOL.

A few days later I go in and take back my refurbished psp. It looked liked somebody melted the screen and there was a ton of dust undr the screen, as well as the screen wanting to pop out. There was a different guy, who was very nice. I ended up getting my money back and buying a new psp. I used up the rest of my credit buying it. Since the guy was nice. I made 15 preorders with the guy for upcoming releases.

I waited a few days until the first guy was working(the one that gave me the problems). I just dropped all 16 pre-orders I had there on him. Well he got ****ed, and tried telling me I couldn't do that. I then started to call corporate and he gave me my money back and cancelled all the pre-orders.

[quote name='Ray5555']A shifty employee did that to me when BO2 was coming out. I did the trade in for + 30%-50%(I forget which since it has been a while) extra credit if applying towards a used game. I was going to to get a refurb psp, the protection plan, and keep the the other $50 credit. Well the guy wouldn't let me use the promo. Even on a legitimate trade for preowned games. The only way he would let it go through is if I put $5 down on a pre-order. Well I asked for his manager and he gave me the same bs. Even though there was a sign in the store advertising the pre-owned trade in special.So I called corporate and they said SOL.

A few days later I go in and take back my refurbished psp. It looked liked somebody melted the screen and there was a ton of dust undr the screen, as well as the screen wanting to pop out. There was a different guy, who was very nice. I ended up getting my money back and buying a new psp. I used up the rest of my credit buying it. Since the guy was nice. I made 15 preorders with the guy for upcoming releases.

I waited a few days until the first guy was working(the one that gave me the problems). I just dropped all 16 pre-orders I had there on him. Well he got ****ed, and tried telling me I couldn't do that. I then started to call corporate and he gave me my money back and cancelled all the pre-orders.[/QUOTE]Considering the manager also gave you trouble, maybe you should have split the 16 preorders between them...? :lol:

So the employee who receives the order to cancel gets crap even when he's not the guy who got the pre-order done in the first place?

That's not right.

What happens when I return an online pre-order shipped to me to the store?

[quote name='Vigilante']Considering the manager also gave you trouble, maybe you should have split the 16 preorders between them...? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I just didn't have the patience to wait for him to get back, so I decided to drop them all on the one employee. Although thinking about it now I should have done that. Oh well I only went there in the first place since it was close to my sister's work and I just moved, so it was a little more difficult to get to one.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']So the employee who receives the order to cancel gets crap even when he's not the guy who got the pre-order done in the first place?

That's not right.

What happens when I return an online pre-order shipped to me to the store?[/QUOTE]

A person earlier in the thread said it doesn't affect the employee as that is considered a return and not a pre-order cancellation.

OK. I'm wondering why an employee tried to mask his reaction when I asked about what happens when I return pre-orders. Maybe he thought that it was the same as a cancellation on his account.

You know, Gamestop employees (not all, but some) most be pretty stupid to force pre-orders on people. If I saw that someone put a pre-order for me with my credit that I did not want, I would go back to the store and make sure to cancel it with that person. Which I'm sure most others would do to. But just for using my money for their own personal gain, I'll buy a cheap .99 game and go to town on the survey. Honestly, the nerve that employees actually do that.

I'm too kind to do that but if someone does do that to me, I might just. To the guy who lied to me about cancelling my pre-order has to be at the store I made it, I'm going to either cancel it on him the next time I go in or just go to the store down the street. I don't want to hurt the store I use to work at and I guess I understand why he lied but still.

Two that I did today:

Xbox 360:

NCAA Football 13 = $13
NBA 2K13 = $15

After my PowerUp Rewards Pro membership, and after trading them in towards pre-owned games (some 20% bonus or something), I ended up getting something like $37 in trade credit. I put them to good use, too: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Wii) and Phantasy Star Universe (Xbox 360), and kept the $9.xx difference on my card.

I'm going to try trading another iPhone 4 in today. Even if they grade it "good" it is $174 + $70 bonus. That is about what I could get for it on eBay before shipping/fees (and hopefully I can swing the Like New price of $194). So it seems worth it to avoid the potential hassle. I still have the credit from the last one I did (which was $174 + 50% bonus). But I figure I can use all that credit on the new systems this Fall so it is nearly as good as cash in this case, especially if I can get preorders in for them and don't have to worry about tracking them down. On the other hand, then I am locked into getting them at GS...

FYI, Gazelle offers $150 for it, which is just about what GS's cash price is. If the $70 bonus applied to the cash price I'd probably take that but I'm sure (as always with GS promos) that it doesn't.

:ps3: Injustice: Gods Among Us - 26 base (got 36.40 with the promo + PUR)

My local store was handing out a printout with the TIV + 40 percent so here's a bunch of base TIV updates after I took the 40 percent off...

:360:
Army of Two: Devil's Cartel - 18
Assassin's Creed - 5
Assassin's Creed 2 - 5
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 5
Assassin's Creed Revelations - 4
Assassin's Creed 3 - 10
Batman: Arkham City - 6
Battlefield 3 - 5
Bioshock Infinite - 22
Borderlands 2 - 13
Call of Duty 4 - 2.50