GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good deal to upgrade. The TiV for a wireless 360 was $90 that last time it was updated, along with the $30 bonus TiV if you buy a new console at the same time.

You can end up getting $120 for a system that might be on the out.

[quote name='Weepingwillow']It's a good deal to upgrade. The TiV for a wireless 360 was $90 that last time it was updated, along with the $30 bonus TiV if you buy a new console at the same time.

You can end up getting $120 for a system that might be on the out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, gonna run up the street to grab a 256 MB Memory Card that a mom and pop store was holding for me, then transfer my Saves and important stuff and trade it in.

If you don't want to buy a Memory Unit you can just pop the hard drive of your current system off an hold onto it until you get your new console.

Then you're going to have to track down someone who has a hard drive transfer cable (there were a few threads on there of people offering to ship theirs out)

Then you can run the install and it will move everything from your old HDD to your new FF13 one, deleting all the data on the old HDD in the process.

Now you can take that old HDD to Gamestop and trade it in.

Just a heads up - the FF13 bundle includes two wireless controllers and a headset, so you can trade in your extras with the 25% bonus coupon this week to help cushion the blow of the new bundle.

HAHA, I got complimented from the Gamestop boy, He said that i was the first person to trade in games that were in that good of condition, Hell who doesnt take care of thier games, shits way too expensive, I got MLB 10 The Show by the way....Ok and now for the trade in values
Oh, I couldnt use my Edge card cause I forgot it at home and the guy claimed that the System lookup thing to find an account was down or something...That sucks...

Batman:Arkham Asylum PS3-15.00 with promo 22.50
NCAA 10 Football PS3 with a ghetto case-16.00 with promo 24.00
Metal Gear Solid PS3-7.00 with promo 10.50
Tony Hawk Project 8 6.00 with promo 9.00

So with those games I got MLB 10 The show and a few more bucks left over on a gift card, Can't beat that...

Thanks for all your help guys, This site is the Shit by the way!!!!!
Love it
Tony

[quote name='platticavi']HAHA, I got complimented from the Gamestop boy, He said that i was the first person to trade in games that were in that good of condition, Hell who doesnt take care of thier games, shits way too expensive, I got MLB 10 The Show by the way....Ok and now for the trade in values
Oh, I couldnt use my Edge card cause I forgot it at home and the guy claimed that the System lookup thing to find an account was down or something...That sucks...

So with those games I got MLB 10 The show and a few more bucks left over on a gift card, Can't beat that...

Love it
Tony[/QUOTE]
Tony Tone, welcome. :wave:

Still debating trading up for a new 360, but probably not.

[quote name='platticavi']HAHA, I got complimented from the Gamestop boy, He said that i was the first person to trade in games that were in that good of condition, Hell who doesnt take care of thier games, shits way too expensive, I got MLB 10 The Show by the way....Ok and now for the trade in values

Love it
Tony[/QUOTE]

Dang it Tony, you NEVER forget your EDGE card.

I know man, Im slipping at my old age....I would have saved 6.40 on the Show and wouldve got another 6.20 on trade in, What the hell is my problem,!!!!

Don't feel bad. I fell for it a few years in a row. I just kept holding out hope. I finally gave up this year.

And yes, I know I own a PS3, and that I should get The Show, but I just prefer the 360 controller.

I'm thinking about trading my DS lite in for a PSP. Anyone have any recommendations on which PSP to get?

[quote name='drphibes']I wonder what the tiv is for MLB 2K10. I will probably find out soon enough.

Can't believe I fell for it again.[/QUOTE]

If you have a PS3 then you're a total sucker.

I traded in my old 360 w/o hdmi that was on the outs with disc read errors and picked up a new arcade.

I also traded in Mass Effect 2 $25 base $40 with bonus and added a new copy for $30. True Cheap ass move.

I now have an extra Cerberus network code. PM if your interested in trading for it.

Also, traded a PS3 sixaxis controller $14.50 base. Not sure if he made a mistake and thats what the Dual Shock 3 goes for or if the old sixaxis has been upped.

Not a bad for $65 of Gamestop credit.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']I traded in my old 360 w/o hdmi that was on the outs with disc read errors and picked up a new arcade.

I also traded in Mass Effect 2 $25 base $40 with bonus and added a new copy for $30. True Cheap ass move.

I now have an extra Cerberus network code. PM if your interested in trading for it.

Also, traded a PS3 sixaxis controller $14.50 base. Not sure if he made a mistake and thats what the Dual Shock 3 goes for or if the old sixaxis has been upped.

Not a bad for $65 of Gamestop credit.[/QUOTE]

Were you able to stack the extra $30 credit when trading in hardware towards new hardware with the $30 off Mass Effect?

[quote name='ScottBigGame']I traded in my old 360 w/o hdmi that was on the outs with disc read errors and picked up a new arcade.

Not a bad for $65 of Gamestop credit.[/QUOTE]

the coupon of the week would of given an extra 25% on that sixaxis

[quote name='Sway']Were you able to stack the extra $30 credit when trading in hardware towards new hardware with the $30 off Mass Effect?[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't automatically, they had to override to get me the $30 ME2. All other promos stacked. He gave me a weird look when I asked if I could trade my old ME2 for a new one. But all was good and it saved me an extra $10 minus tax.

I brought the coupon for the sixaxis, got $19.97 for it.

Why did you get 30 dollars off for ME2?

thought the $30 dollars was for trading in the old xbox 360 for the arcade one. you got an extra 30 on top of that?

[quote name='Denbo32']Why did you get 30 dollars off for ME2?

thought the $30 dollars was for trading in the old xbox 360 for the arcade one. you got an extra 30 on top of that?[/QUOTE]

This weeks deal is when you buy a new 360 you can get ME2 for $30.

So I traded my old copy for $40 after promos and picked up a new one for $30. I saved myself an extra $10.

Why is anyone buying 2K10? Last year I bought the Show on the PS2 over 2K9 on the 360. This year I get to enjoy the Show on the PS3. Never doing that 2K thing.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']is there anyway to cancel a pre order or move it to another game?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Walk in and tell them to cancel your pre-order and move it to another game. You won't face any resistance, especially since you're moving a pre-order around instead of straight out canceling.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']is there anyway to cancel a pre order or move it to another game?[/QUOTE]

Go in, tell them you want to do either of those two things. They will give you resistance to cancelling and not pre-ordering anything else, but don't let them talk you out of it.

[quote name='bgame2']Go in, tell them you want to do either of those two things. They will give you resistance to cancelling and not pre-ordering anything else, but don't let them talk you out of it.[/QUOTE]
When I went to cancel a pre order the employee eyes looked like I just stole his jello cup from him. they get really sad

Confirmed 25.00 for ME2 :360: today. My TIV for this round (base):

Super Mario Sunshine :gc: - 6.00
Overlord :360: - 5.00
Resident Evil 5 :360: - 5.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza combo :360: - 2.50
Scribblenauts :ds: - 9.75

Also found out that Silent Hill: Homecoming dropped to (I think) 4.25 base TIV.

traded some ds and psp games today

3/5
base - (after promo)
:ds: final fantasy iii - 2.50 (4.13)
:ds: pokemon diamond - 5.00 (7.50)
:ds: pokemon pearl - 4.25 (6.37)
:ds: animal crossing: wild world - 6.75 (10.13)
:ds: trauma center: under the knife - 3.00 (4.50)
:ds: new super mario bros. - 10.00 (15.00)
:psp: me & my katamari - 2.75 (4.13)

Got rid of my 360 and games today TIV:

360 - 90.00
20Gb HD - 12.00
PGR3 - .65
Rock Band 2 - 6.25
Rock Band: Beatles - 8.00
Forza 2 - 2.00
Star Wars Force Unleashed - 4.75

[quote name='Ak1ra2']Got rid of my 360 and games today TIV:

360 - 90.00
20Gb HD - 12.00
PGR3 - .65
Rock Band 2 - 6.25
Rock Band: Beatles - 8.00
Forza 2 - 2.00
Star Wars Force Unleashed - 4.75[/QUOTE]

Great Choice :D

Loving the Final Fantasy / GOD War 3 trade 2 promotion. Blockbuster is selling Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Wii & 360 for 10$ each, and due to the fact that the promotion doesn't work automatically on preorders results in the games being manually adjusted to 20$ each, which then bumps up based upon the +50% and edge 10%, so 20$ gets you 48$ off. Rinse/Repeat, change preorder, etc results in some future games being nice and cheap.

I traded in a few games last week and used my trade in credit on Gamestop.com and they charged me tax for my purchases. When I use my credit in store its tax free... I know I'm being really cheap but it was like 9 dollars of tax lol... is this the same for everyone else out there? I live in AZ by the way and trade in credits have always been tax free here.

TIVs as of 4 o clock today. All games here are for 360.

Halo 3 (LE) - $5 base
Kingdomn Under Fire: COD - $3.75 base
Left 4 Dead - $7 base
Lego Batman - $3.75 base
Lego Rock Band - $10 base
Overlord 2 - $8 base
Red Faction: Guerrilla - $4.75 base
Afro Samurai - $4.50 base
Banjo Kazooie: NaB - $5.75 base
Battlefield: BC - $7 base
COD: MW2 - $26.75 base
Dead Space - $5 base
FNR4 - $8 base
Ghostbusters - $5.75 base
GTA4 - $5.25 base.

Walked out with $176.45 after promo and Edge card. Saving it for the next B2G1 and even told that to the guy working. He laughed and said he didn't blame me.

TIVs as of 4 o clock today. All games here are for 360.

Halo 3 (LE) - $5 base
Kingdomn Under Fire: COD - $3.75 base
Left 4 Dead - $7 base
Lego Batman - $3.75 base
Lego Rock Band - $10 base
Overlord 2 - $8 base
Red Faction: Guerrilla - $4.75 base
Afro Samurai - $4.50 base
Banjo Kazooie: NaB - $5.75 base
Battlefield: BC - $7 base
COD: MW2 - $26.75 base
Dead Space - $5 base
FNR4 - $8 base
Ghostbusters - $5.75 base
GTA4 - $5.25 base.

Walked out with $176.45 after promo and Edge card. Saving it for the next B2G1 and even told that to the guy working. He laughed and said he didn't blame me.

[quote name='rydall']I traded in a few games last week and used my trade in credit on Gamestop.com and they charged me tax for my purchases. When I use my credit in store its tax free... I know I'm being really cheap but it was like 9 dollars of tax lol... is this the same for everyone else out there? I live in AZ by the way and trade in credits have always been tax free here.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop.com always charges local sales tax since their web site treats money on the edge card like a gift card.

[quote name='stoned99']Loving the Final Fantasy / GOD War 3 trade 2 promotion. Blockbuster is selling Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Wii & 360 for 10$ each, and due to the fact that the promotion doesn't work automatically on preorders results in the games being manually adjusted to 20$ each, which then bumps up based upon the +50% and edge 10%, so 20$ gets you 48$ off. Rinse/Repeat, change preorder, etc results in some future games being nice and cheap.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for this info, $30 Final Fantasy XIII made my day. :D $9.95 after trade-ins on both Clone Wars.

Also traded in the following at 7:00PM EST :
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: $42.81 ($26.75 Base TIV)
Street Fighter IV: $11.20 ($7.00 Base TIV)

base tiv 3/5/2010

batman arkham asylum: $15

ds

final fantasy tactics a2: $7.25

legend of zelda phantom hourglass: $ 5.25

Just got back from trading in:

Wolverine - $7.25 ($11.59 w/bonus)
Chronicles of Riddick - $4.75 ($7.61)
Resident Evil 5 - $5.00 ($8.00)

360 Wireless Controller - $14 ($18.90 w/25% coupon)
360 Wired Headset - $6.25 ($8.43 w/coupon)

PS3 Sixaxis - $14.50 ($19.57 w/coupon)

Total = $74.10

For some unknown reason the register could not find my Edge card. The GS employee tried inputting my card number and the computer kept saying I don't have an Edge card in their system. The sticker on my card says it's valid until 7/10. The employee didn't believe me when I said I still get Game Informer. I even told her what was on the cover and she was still skeptical. WTF. She asked if I wanted to renew and I said HELL NO, why would I renew when I have 4 months left?! She manually gave me the 10% on my trade ins and told me to call GI or check their website.

Jeez, I just used this Edge card last month. How can it disappear all of a sudden from their records? Now I gotta contact GI and hopefully get this resolved soon b4 the 50% trade in promo expires.. This seems like GS is getting back at me for buying from Amazon.

Base Tiv

Xbox 360 AC Power Adapter 9.75
Xbox 360 A/V Cable 2.75 (x2)
Halo 3: ODST 15.00

GameCube/N64 AV Cord 1.50

Total with edge card/25% for accessories/and 50% for game = 46.64

Base value TIVs from Fri March 5:

DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days $14
Wii Mario power tennis $15
Wii Pikmin $6.25
Wii Mario super sluggers $15
Gamecube Digimon World 4 $1.75

[quote name='optimo']traded some ds and psp games today

3/5
base - (after promo)
:ds: new super mario bros. - 10.00 (15.00)
[/QUOTE]

Do some GS have certain "in-store" trade-in differences? The one I frequent gives $20.00 base for NSMB and before anyone says it's the Wii version, no it is for the DS. It is on the big ass sign above register. The Wii version is also listed on the sign for $20, as well.

[quote name='saetia']Do some GS have certain "in-store" trade-in differences? The one I frequent gives $20.00 base for NSMB and before anyone says it's the Wii version, no it is for the DS. It is on the big ass sign above register. The Wii version is also listed on the sign for $20, as well.[/QUOTE]

I have nothing to add about the value of those games, but I will say that I've found the big signs to often be wrong.

[quote name='saetia']Do some GS have certain "in-store" trade-in differences? The one I frequent gives $20.00 base for NSMB and before anyone says it's the Wii version, no it is for the DS. It is on the big ass sign above register. The Wii version is also listed on the sign for $20, as well.[/QUOTE]

The sign is a mistake. Why would the DS version be on the sign when it's a few years old now. The sign is meant for the Wii version since that came out more recently.

Dammit, Gamestops Computer System seems to be getting stricter lately. Went to trade my 360 Arcade in toward my FF13 Bundle (The one i posted about earlier which i think is on its death-bed), and apparently the 30 dollars only works IF you buy the console on the same time as the trade-in >_>.

Gonna try again tommorow when the manager is there. Hoping and praying it doesnt RROD between now and Monday while its in its Box.

[quote name='gospelman']I have nothing to add about the value of those games, but I will say that I've found the big signs to often be wrong.[/QUOTE]

But they'd be obligated to honor them, right?

[quote name='ssjmichael']The sign is a mistake. Why would the DS version be on the sign when the DS version is a few years old. The sign is meant for the Wii version since that came out more recently[/QUOTE]

God, no! No way would I trade in a Mario game. And I thought it was strange, too. I have no reason to lie, though. I was just posting because I wanted to make sure the dude who traded his in for $10, knows that he may have been ripped off.

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm okay with that.

I'm thinking about trading in my third 360 controller but all I have a AA battery holder that doesn't match the color of the controller. Is that going to be a problem?

[quote name='advanced']This is probably a stupid question, but I'm okay with that.

I'm thinking about trading in my third 360 controller but all I have a AA battery holder that doesn't match the color of the controller. Is that going to be a problem?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I ran across this problem when I traded one in 2 days ago. They only give 1/2 w/o the cover. I had to give them a battery pack w/a play and charge kit in lieu of it.

Little do they know, the battery pack was defective. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='saetia']Yes. I ran across this problem when I traded one in 2 days ago. They only give 1/2 w/o the cover. I had to give them a battery pack w/a play and charge kit in lieu of it.

Little do they no, the battery pack was defective. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Damn. I was hoping to get rid of my red controller. Broken LB button. I'll just have to get rid of my white one now. Thanks.

Edit: Wait. I have the cover. I have a red controller and a white battery holder. Can I trade these two in together and get the full TIV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back