GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flagg1216']for about $6 just like any other wired headset....don't do it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess they will keep collecting dust lol

[quote name='g13']Halo ODST only traded for $22.50 at my local EB/GS. That's with the extra 50%.[/QUOTE]

:cry: Knew I should have traded ODST yesterday - oh well. Looks like I'll be holding onto my copy...

Just traded in: Prices before / After 60%

360:

Far Cry Instincts Predator 2.50 / 4.00
Madden 2007 0.45 / 0.71
NCAA Football 2007 0.60 / 0.96
College Hoops 2K7 0.70 / 1.12
Assassins Creed 5.00 / 8.00

Wii:

Price is Right 7.50 / 12.00
Rayman Raving Rabbids 4.00 / 6.40
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz 7.00 / 11.20
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 7.00 / 11.20
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party 4.75 / 7.61

DS:

New Super Mario DS 10.00 / 16.00
Zelda Phantom Hourglass 5.25 / 8.39

[quote name='outkastx']Dang, I guess I'll just ebay the ME2 and BFBC2 TRU games then... I don't think they'll be $30...[/QUOTE]

well you'll get $40 for each at gamestop at promo...so i guess ebay would probably be better if you get $45 a piece since you have ebay fees and shipping.

Here's an update. It contains both good news and bad news.

Good news: I got a PS3 this morning. My local GS had three in-stock and I got there just in time to get one. :)

Bad news: All three (!) of my DS's have had the serial number fall off. Because of some new trade law they can't take the DS, even if I have the box and receipt with the serial number on it. :roll:

[quote name='cheeky']There was a Madden 10 trade in deal listed in the OP a short time ago. Has that expired or something?[/QUOTE]
Yes. It was one of the weekly coupons.

[quote name='PopSmith']
Bad news: All three (!) of my DS's have had the serial number fall off. Because of some new trade law they can't take the DS, even if I have the box and receipt with the serial number on it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I tried to trade in a gameboy advance sp last night and they wouldn't take it for the same reason. I can't get rid of this thing!

Base TIV's for Xbox 360 as of 3/10:
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $9
Battlefield bad Company - $6.25
Crackdown - 2.75
PGR4 - 2.50

+%50 (no edge) $30.75
I made more back then I spent so not too bad. Juarez and BFBC both dropped from current TIV AFAIK

Went in to pickup Yakuza 3 today and trade some stuff towards it.

Base TIV's for 3/10
Xbox 360
Mass effect - $10

Base TIV's as of 3/9
GBA
Monster Rancher Advance 2 - $0.35

PS3
Sixaxis controller $14.50

With edge, promo and 25% accessory coupon it all came to $36.14

iconxbox360.gif

Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights- $4.00
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore- $3.50

iconps2_r2.gif

PS2 Sony Dual shock Controller- $3.50
PS2 Third Party Controller- $2.75
PS2 Sony Multitap(Large)- $1.00

iconds.gif

Pokemon Diamond- $5.00

Found a complete Phoenix Wright - Justice For All (for my girl), so I traded in

ds animal crossing - (same value as OP)
ds soduku mania - $2

This paid the game off.

edit: This was today (3/10).

edit 2: She already had PW: JFA but can't find the game, so it's up in the air whether I will keep it or return it and get Apollo Wright: Ace Attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PopSmith']Here's an update. It contains both good news and bad news.

Good news: I got a PS3 this morning. My local GS had three in-stock and I got there just in time to get one. :)

Bad news: All three (!) of my DS's have had the serial number fall off. Because of some new trade law they can't take the DS, even if I have the box and receipt with the serial number on it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I don't see the need for :roll:, it is your logic that is flawed, not the law or gamestops. You have a box and receipt with a serial number and a ds that doesn't have one. How can you expect them to take your word that your ds is the one that matches the box and receipt?

That being said, Nintendo handhelds are the ONLY system they CAN take without a serial number. As I always say, just because that is company policy does not mean they will follow it.

On another note, congrats on finding a ps3!

Just came back from GS trading in a bunch of games, although some were a little disappointing, but, whatever, I'll take the less hassle. The total ended up being around $130, and spent a good chunk of that on a new copy of Bayonetta.

Base:

:ps3:
Dark Sector - $2.75
Mirror's Edge - $6.00

:360:
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $5.00

:wii:
Excite Truck - $6.00
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - $7.00
Rygar: The Battle of Argus - $2.25
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash-Up - $8.50
We Ski - $4.25

:ps2:
Crimson Sea 2 - $0.50
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - $5.00
Front Mission 4 - $0.85
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai - $0.50
GrimGrimoire - $1.25
La Pucelle: Tactics - $0.75
Makai Kingdom - $2.25
Phantom Brave - $0.75
Psychonauts - $2.50
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - $4.00
Unlimited SaGa - $0.45

:gba:
Mega Man Zero 2 - $0.80

:ds:
Front Mission - $2.00
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - $5.75
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword - $3.00

:psp:
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - $4.25
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - $3.25
Monster Kingdom: Hewel Summoner - $1.50
Parappa the Rapper - $2.75
Ys: The Ark of Naphitism -$1.25

I'll update the database with these values

3/10 Trade In Base values

These are all Xbox 360 values

Army of Two Platinum Hits---$5
Battlefield Bad Company 2-$25
Xbox 360 + Wireless Controller---$90

By the way, the 360 I traded in was a refurb that Microsoft sent me. I was afraid I was going to get turned down judging by past experiences of other Cags. Glad to get that loud console out of the house.

@ EXstrike

dam..
GrimGrimoire - $1.25
La Pucelle: Tactics - $0.75
Makai Kingdom - $2.25
Phantom Brave - $0.75
Monster kingdom jewel summoner -$1.50

thats horrible for those, i actually was so happy to find a complete copy of Monster kingdom for $9.99 at GS. It goes for $30-$40, but im keepin it for my collection. I guess people who sell these games for pennies def aren't collectors. o well

http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/game/psp/monster-kingdom-jewel-summoner

All Gamecube from 3/9:

Super Smash Bros Melee: $4
Super Mario Sunshine: $5
Star Wars Rogue Leader 2: $ 1.25
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door: $5
Eternal Darkness: $ 4
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life: $2
Mario Power Tennis: 2.75
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: 2.50

Just got back from Gamestop. (all values are base)

3/10

Did the trade 2 get 40 on FF XIII :D
PS3 - Uncharted - 8.00
Wii - Zelda: Twilight Princess - 9.25

Besides that:
PS3
Soul Calibur IV - 7
Call of Duty MW 2 - 22
Assassin's Creed 2 - 15
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 15
Resident Evil 5 - 7

Wii
MadWorld - 5

PS2
MLB 07: The Show - .75
Shadow of the Colossus - 5.50

GBA
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - 6
Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World - 6

GCN
Zelda: Wind Waker - 6

[quote name='lude21']
thats horrible for those, i actually was so happy to find a complete copy of Monster kingdom for $9.99 at GS. It goes for $30-$40, but im keepin it for my collection. I guess people who sell these games for pennies def aren't collectors. o well
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I do collect games and have a decent size collection of games as can be seen through my Backloggery, but I'll really only keep games that I would play, which those games aren't really a part of. If I actually cared more could I get more for them? Of course, but that's the thing, I don't really want to go through the hassle.

PS2 Base

Area 51 - 2.75
.Hack//Part 2 Mutation 2.75
.Hack//Part 3 Outbreak 2.50

PS3 Base
Hellboy - 2.50
Unreal Tournament 3 - 2.50
Singstar Vol 2 - 4.00
Spiderman Web Shadows - 5.75 ( ps: fuck you luke cage, you stop your own damn gang wars)
Sacred 2 - 7.00
Wanted - 3.50
Eat Lead - 4.25
Rainbow Six Vegas - 3.50

Just came from GS here's more base trade in prices

PS3

Hot Shots Golf -7.25
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 17.75
Guitar Hero Metallica - 8.50
Final Fantasy XIII - 30.00
Fight Night Round 3 - 3.00
Fight Night Round 4 - 7.00
NBA 09 The Inside - 2.00

Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes - 4.00
Guitar Hero Smash Hits - 8.50

Base trade-in values from today:

:360:
Assassin's Creed 2: $15
Call of Duty 4: $5.25
COD Modern Warfare 2: $22
DMC 4: $2
Gears of War: $2
Gears of War 2: $5
GTA 4: $5
Guitar Hero 2: $1.50
Guitar Hero 3: .80
Halo 3: $5
Halo 3 ODST: $15
Resident Evil 5: $5
Street Fighter 4: $3.25
Total with bonus + edge: $138.86

:360: accessories
Rechargeable battery: $3
Media remote: $2
Wireless headset: $9.50
120GB hard drive: $35
20GB hard drive: $12
Total with 25% coupon + edge: $83.08

TIV this morning

:360: Play & Charge Kit (USB cable & battery) - $6.25

$8.43 after weekly coupon and Edge. Every little bit helps!

All base values for 360:

Call of Juarez: BiB - $9 (no change)
Fallout 3 - $5.25 (down $0.75)
Wired Headset - $6.25 (no change)

Total after Edge, bonus AND 25% accessory coupon - $31.22

My gamestop has the worst employees...but they finally figured out how to do the GOW3 promo!!!

Traded in Uncharted 1 and Rock band 2

Uncharted - 8 base
RB2 360 - 7 base

Trade in values don't usually go up. I got Darksiders when it was $39.99 new at gamestop and then the price went back to $59.99. The TIV dropped from $25 to $21 tho this last week, as I platted it an hour ago and decided just to keep it. DARKSIDERS IS SO AWESOME! It was such a great game after the first Twilight Cathedral dungeon, it's like crazy dark zelda game. Evil Link :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back