H-U-G-E New Game Blowout at Camelot (a.k.a. FYE) - Gotta Check These Prices!

cavalier

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
OK, so I walk inot my local Camelot Music store (a subsidiary of FYE, Cocononuts, etc.) in Milwaukee today looking for Winning 11 Soccer. No such luck, though.

What I DID see, however, I couldn't believe!

They are giving HUGE discounts on some of the newer games, which I haven't seen this good ANYWHERE else. Combine them with that incredible FYE trade credit and you're literally picking these up for less than $5 in some cases (hint: buy Room Zoom for $5, trade for $26).

Anyways, here's a partial list of what I say today:

Burnout 3 = $24.99
Halo 2 = $29.99
Def Jam: FFNY: $19.99
NBA Live 2005 = $19.99

There were tons of other new, older games with these crazy prices.

Of course, this may be a situation of YMMV, so maybe call your local FYE/Coconuts to see if their prices match the ones at my store.

The Burout 3 deal, however, appears to be a chainwide sale, since they had an official looking sign from the parent company next to it announcing the cheap price. All the other ones had prices written in pen on a generic white label that was slapped on them.

Given what I heard about FYE a few weeks ago, I asked the manager if the price cuts being so deep has anything to do with FYE dissolving many of its stores and if this one was on the chopping block, but he gave me a flip "Not that I heard" answer.

'Narf these deals down while they last!

[quote name='hutno']Im sure that everyone of those deals require Mail-in rebates. And its online also
http://shop.fye.com/store.aspx?loc=57396[/quote]

True, but even though their rebates take FOREVER to receive back, they give you CASH (actually a check) instead of store credit.

A deal is a deal, no matter HOW you get it, no?

True... but you should have listed rebate in your subject line...

[quote name='cavalier'][quote name='hutno']Im sure that everyone of those deals require Mail-in rebates. And its online also
http://shop.fye.com/store.aspx?loc=57396[/quote]

True, but even though their rebates take FOREVER to receive back, they give you CASH (actually a check) instead of store credit.

A deal is a deal, no matter HOW you get it, no?[/quote]

[quote name='Kelcey']This looks like an EA sale, heh[/quote]

Well Halo 2 is on the list and last I checked, EA doesn't own Bungie or Microsoft.

If you have an AMEX card with the BVG pricematching feature (or a CitiBank card with the comparable benefit), you could get Def Jam basically for $9.99. Buy it from FYE for $49.99, get AMEX to pricematch to Fry's price of $29.99 (link below---believe this sale runs through tomorrow), then submit the $20 mail-in rebate.

LInk to Fry's ad:

http://adsearch.chron.com/RopAds.aspx?adv=39089&ad=1477070

FYE did seem to have a good rebate sale of some type going on when I went in yesterday. They had the Urbz for PS2 for 15 bucks, but it was a mail in rebate so we didn't buy it (I'm HORRIBLE at mail ins).

I remember seeing that marked 15 After rebate, and I think Mafia was 8 bucks after rebate, but those were the only two that caught my eye.

FYI, I still havent received my rebate for 2 games I purchased in July, and when I wrote a complaint to FYE's rebate center they said they couldnt find my information in there system. That's $60 they still owe me, just to let yall know

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Another thread on this board reminded me of another deal.

Champions of Norrath is $16.99, after mail in rebates it's $2.99.[/quote]

Rebate(s)? $2.99? How does this work? I just happened to wander into a FYE today, and saw the CoN with the price you mentioned, but they only had one $10 rebate. I was feeling pretty good about getting it for $6.99. Was there supposed to be another rebate for it that they didn't mention to me?

Burnout 3 and NBA Live are certainly tempting... what the hell, I'll just buy those along with Star Ocean. I love this, but my wallet doesent.

Burnout 3 and NBA Live are certainly tempting... what the hell, I'll just buy those along with Star Ocean. I love this, but my wallet doesent.

this is in-store as well.

You do have to send in a rebate form (multi check boxes for various games) AND you have to send in the UPC from the game.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']you have to send in the UPC from the game.[/quote]

That's lame. I really hate having to cut up my game cases just to save a few bucks. There's got to be a better way of processing rebates than this.

went in today and the girl was taking off the 50% off stickers of def jam fight for ny. at my store. i guess it's not on sale anymore. see? i asked if her if its still on sale. she said, "nope." i believe that was the only game that she removed the stickers from. i remember the cover art of the game as the new york game and not vendetta, which is like 20 bucks.

http://shop.fye.com/product.aspx?sku=50018504&loc=50244

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='mcwilliams132']you have to send in the UPC from the game.[/quote]

That's lame. I really hate having to cut up my game cases just to save a few bucks. There's got to be a better way of processing rebates than this.[/quote]

Do what I do. Make a color photocopy of the case insert. Send in the original UPC, or send in the color copy of the UPC. A UPC is a UPC and they can't tell the difference. Just make sure you get the copy done some place decent and don't try to do it on your home lexmark printer. It might cost you about $1.00 to make a copy, but it's worth it to get a 20 or 30.00 rebate.

I never send the upc in and have no problem getting my games. I peel off the sticker which has the price and upc code on it and send it in. I have been doing this for months now and never have been turned down.

bread's done
Back