Half-Life 2 $33.50!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the import version. I wonder what exactly that means though.

From the comments, it's also the big box version. Call me weird, but I'd rather pay an extra $5 and get a small box :)

Still, not a bad deal. Too bad about the whole Steam fiasco or I would buy it in a heartbeat.

[quote name='amdi8']It's the import version. I wonder what exactly that means though.

From the comments, it's also the big box version. Call me weird, but I'd rather pay an extra $5 and get a small box :)

Still, not a bad deal. Too bad about the whole Steam fiasco or I would buy it in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's the import version which typically means there's thai writing or whatever in the manual and stuff. It depends on what game it is, but sometimes there's also chinese or something in the game as well. Personally, I'm proud to be an American, so I pass up that import shit and buy the US versions (and I had to get the CE for HL2.) It's not much more expensive to be a true American.

[quote name='amdi8']It's the import version. I wonder what exactly that means though.

Still, not a bad deal. Too bad about the whole Steam fiasco or I would buy it in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

wuddya mean about the whole Steam fiasco?
that really worries me... :(

[quote name='sandrokstar']wuddya mean about the whole Steam fiasco?
that really worries me... :([/QUOTE]

Steam is one of the buggiest program delivery systems in use-- It normally fails, and updating the game on the day of the update takes a long time since the servers get hammered.

You also have to authenticate any game you would have bought B&M, online-- so you must have a relatively good internet connection even if you don't plan to play online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back