Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown is up!

[quote name='CaptDS9E']Today the beta's Big Team Battle was upped to 16 players, with some other tweaks to the play list. Dual CTF, and you can see the new Banshee on one of the levels as well[/QUOTE]
haven't been on yet, but what level is the banshee on?

[quote name='mr ryles']haven't been on yet, but what level is the banshee on?[/QUOTE]
There was a Banshee on Valhalla, Big Team Slayer, I think.

It's funny how serious people get when they play Halo. It's only a f'ing beta and people think they are sergeants of WWIII. F'ing trying to order me around and shit, I'm just playing to have fun, not to try and compete with Tsquare or whatever the fck his name is or the f'ing whore frag dolls.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']It's funny how serious people get when they play Halo. It's only a f'ing beta and people think they are sergeants of WWIII. F'ing trying to order me around and shit, I'm just playing to have fun, not to try and compete with Tsquare or whatever the fck his name is or the f'ing whore frag dolls.[/QUOTE]

I do hate when niggas won't stop trying to boss you around (someone was doing this to me earlier, and calling me an idiot and a ton of profanities, and he ended up with 0 kills in a Big Team Slayer match).

It is fun playing with your homies and having strategies and stuff though. Makes the game exponentially better.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I do hate when niggas won't stop trying to boss you around (someone was doing this to me earlier, and calling me an idiot and a ton of profanities, and he ended up with 0 kills in a Big Team Slayer match).

It is fun playing with your homies and having strategies and stuff though. Makes the game exponentially better.[/QUOTE]

Oh don't get me wrong, I like to have strategy but not when some jackoff wants me to follow orders then he starts whining because I won't listen to him. Most of the time now when I play with people I don't know I'll just mute everyone.

I couldnt belive when I logged in last night and found the banshee and 6v6. I had a friend up and we had a blast playing way to late into the night. Even found a few members from here playing.

[quote name='BREVITY']I couldnt belive when I logged in last night and found the banshee and 6v6. I had a friend up and we had a blast playing way to late into the night. Even found a few members from here playing.[/quote]Yeah, me and zew saw you and recognized the name. That was a good game.

I should have added you guys to my friends list, I will when I get home. You guys did great, my friend and I had a blast. His wife was calling for him to come home and for the first time I think ever he turned the phone to mute and played on. haha Stayed for about 6h; I bet he got an ass-chewing.

I am not getting enough sleep with this dam game around.

changes a coming

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12488

Halo 3 Beta Matchmaking Playlist Updated
Posted by lukems at 5/21/2007 12:07 PM PDT
Like any good chef we're making some changes to the recipe in the Public tastetest we call the Halo 3 Beta. This week we're making our first change to the Matchmaking Playlist . We're swapping out Team Training and adding in Big Team Training. In Big Team Training players will play 6v6 on High Ground and Valhalla. In addition to some existing modes look for some new modes in Big Team Training, like Multi Flag CTF on Valhalla. Additionally, we've made some slight tweaks to the Team Skirmish playlist that should add greater variety in the opponents you'll face.

+1 for the changes - valhalla feels too empty with 4v4. 12 players is great for that map - enough to have some stick together, and divide & conquer at the same time.

Let hope that when the retail game comes out they remember how to change the playlists up. Those things seemed like they were set in stone for at a time months back when I played H2.

I suck so bad I don't dare play any of the team games because I don't want to inflict myself on anyone. Never played Halo1 or Halo2. Looks like I have a learning curve ahead of me. Wish I had more time to play.

I'm so pissed off... Halo 3 gets some Big Team Battle, and I can't play a single round. Every game, a minute or two in, I get dropped. Every time I look like a quitting dick and my RP takes a hit. I swear, Earthlink and Bellsouth DSL can go to hell. I'm going to go kill something.

Does anyone hate the map Valhalla besides me? Especially on Rumble Pit/Training? Its almost impossible to take out a sniper considering how big the map is. It's even more impossible when the person that has the sniper has a split screener. Gah. Snipers can be overpowered. =/

[quote name='shinryuu']Does anyone hate the map Valhalla besides me? Especially on Rumble Pit/Training? Its almost impossible to take out a sniper considering how big the map is. It's even more impossible when the person that has the sniper has a split screener. Gah. Snipers can be overpowered. =/[/QUOTE]

Not really. You just need to play smart. There are tons of BR's in each base. Put fire on the sniper and flank him. Easy as pie. Or Counter Snipe him. or get in a Hog and turret the shit out of him pimpin chris/ UgamerX style :cool:

That is my favorite map. I like sending trip mines out of the man cannons. I got booted cause my dumb ass team mates kept steping on my mines.

Valhalla is my favorite map as well. I love the man cannons in order to traverse the map quickly and my favorite is picking a spot along the side and sniping away. I got my first Killing Spree (5 kills in a row) sniping heads. :D

And man either the Battle Rifle sucks in this game or I suck with it. I can't get a damn kill with that gun.

[quote name='Kendro']Valhalla is my favorite map as well. I love the man cannons in order to traverse the map quickly and my favorite is picking a spot along the side and sniping away. I got my first Killing Spree (5 kills in a row) sniping heads. :D

And man either the Battle Rifle sucks in this game or I suck with it. I can't get a damn kill with that gun.[/quote]

You may be having problems with aiming. They changed the auto aim so that it is less helping. More like halo 1 auto aim.

[quote name='Kendro']Valhalla is my favorite map as well. I love the man cannons in order to traverse the map quickly and my favorite is picking a spot along the side and sniping away. I got my first Killing Spree (5 kills in a row) sniping heads. :D

And man either the Battle Rifle sucks in this game or I suck with it. I can't get a damn kill with that gun.[/QUOTE]

You must just suck with it, because the Battle Rifle is still super good.

Does anyone hate the map Valhalla besides me?

Nope, I actually love the map. Last night finally got the matchmaking to do BTB with game modes other then Team Slayer. Did CTF, Neutral Bomb, and the capture areas one. Was a total blast with a full room, as it map is not crammed like High Ground.

High ground with 12 players on anything other ten slayer is not really good, even though I love the map

Snowbound is fun for certain game types, crappy for others

[quote name='CaptDS9E']Nope, I actually love the map. Last night finally got the matchmaking to do BTB with game modes other then Team Slayer. Did CTF, Neutral Bomb, and the capture areas one. Was a total blast with a full room, as it map is not crammed like High Ground.

High ground with 12 players on anything other ten slayer is not really good, even though I love the map

Snowbound is fun for certain game types, crappy for others[/quote]

I'm sick of snowbound. All but 3 games I've played have been on snowbound, no matter how much I veto, there are never enough.

Why do people hate Snowbound so much? It's a spectacular map. There's a lot variety in the encounters and it looks so pretty. Plus the shield doors add some nice tension to fire fights. I love Snowbound. Best map of the beta by far.

I can understand wanting variety and getting sick of the same map repeatedly, but some people genuinely hate it.

[quote name='LunaticPuma']Why do people hate Snowbound so much? It's a spectacular map. There's a lot variety in the encounters and it looks so pretty. Plus the shield doors add some nice tension to fire fights. I love Snowbound. Best map of the beta by far.

I can understand wanting variety and getting sick of the same map repeatedly, but some people genuinely hate it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat; I think it's a fantastic map. The shield doors really do wonders for the fun factor. :D

[quote name='LunaticPuma']Why do people hate Snowbound so much? It's a spectacular map. There's a lot variety in the encounters and it looks so pretty. Plus the shield doors add some nice tension to fire fights. I love Snowbound. Best map of the beta by far.

I can understand wanting variety and getting sick of the same map repeatedly, but some people genuinely hate it.[/QUOTE]

I don't like it just because much like sp00ge, I've had a majority of my games there. Add that to the fact that a majority of the time, the main conflict points are not even close to the shield door bunkers, but instead right out in the open. Someone gets the beam rifle, and someone gets the Laser, and the rest are out in the open for the Turkey shoot--seeing as how there is little to no cover. At least in Valhalla/High Ground there is enough cover to dodge in and out-- And when there isn't, there are methods available to move around the map quickly (Warthogs, ATVs, Mancannons).

Snowbound just seems far too open and far too slow, I get it, we're in the snow slogging through it-- but the guys with the killcounts have the distance weaponry bar none--it takes the new weapon balance and basically throws it back out the window. I do like the grenade stick in the snow trick though.

Finally after days of a project I had to finish for work, I played Halo 3 this morning...and got my ass pwn'd.

Any other rookies or rusties (Haven't played Halo for awhile) want to play later on tonight? (Around 8PM California Time)

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']I don't like it just because much like sp00ge, I've had a majority of my games there. Add that to the fact that a majority of the time, the main conflict points are not even close to the shield door bunkers, but instead right out in the open. Someone gets the beam rifle, and someone gets the Laser, and the rest are out in the open for the Turkey shoot--seeing as how there is little to no cover. At least in Valhalla/High Ground there is enough cover to dodge in and out-- And when there isn't, there are methods available to move around the map quickly (Warthogs, ATVs, Mancannons).

Snowbound just seems far too open and far too slow, I get it, we're in the snow slogging through it-- but the guys with the killcounts have the distance weaponry bar none--it takes the new weapon balance and basically throws it back out the window. I do like the grenade stick in the snow trick though.[/quote]

Honestly, I feel that is a silly answer. Part of Halo is understanding the terrain and strategy around it. Sticking near buildings, rocks, and doorways is how you stay alive. If people are wondering into the open they have to deal with the consequences. This is true of any map not just Snowbound. If the opposing team has the distance weapons, stick to the caves/bases. If you're losing and they have the distance weapons grab carbines and needlers or use a ghost to get close. Lack of strategy does not make a map bad when there are plenty of options available. Charging with an AR is not sound strategy in general.

[quote name='LunaticPuma']Honestly, I feel that is a silly answer. Part of Halo is understanding the terrain and strategy around it. Sticking near buildings, rocks, and doorways is how you stay alive. If people are wondering into the open they have to deal with the consequences. This is true of any map not just Snowbound. If the opposing team has the distance weapons, stick to the caves/bases. If you're losing and they have the distance weapons grab carbines and needlers or use a ghost to get close. Lack of strategy does not make a map bad when there are plenty of options available. Charging with an AR is not sound strategy in general.[/QUOTE]

Completely agreed, I'm usually the one with the distance weapon ;). I'm just saying that in comparison to the other maps offered this beta, the options seem placed out of the way, as opposed to on the way. Agree to disagree I guess, but out of the three, Snowbound is my least favorite for the reasons I explained above.

I can understand wanting variety and getting sick of the same map repeatedly, but some people genuinely hate it.[/quote]

I'm one of the people who hated this map at first...after playing many matches and learning the tunnels and the map basically, its practically my favorite. I LOVE Snowbound now!

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Brought my crackdown to my friends house and it gave a disc read error. Weird because it works fine in my 360...[/quote]

The beta is tied to your gamertag once you download it. You need to recover your gamertag on your friend's machine.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Completely agreed, I'm usually the one with the distance weapon ;). I'm just saying that in comparison to the other maps offered this beta, the options seem placed out of the way, as opposed to on the way. Agree to disagree I guess, but out of the three, Snowbound is my least favorite for the reasons I explained above.[/quote]

I can understand that. Your previous reasoning wasn't as substantial as this. I don't like when people say something isn't good without really backing up their statements. We will agree to disagree, but I'm fine with conflicting opinions. :cool:

I popped this in today, and remembered why I don't play multiplayer. No strategy whatsoever, and it isn't fun. Doubt I'll put it in again.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I popped this in today, and remembered why I don't play multiplayer. No strategy whatsoever, and it isn't fun. Doubt I'll put it in again.[/quote]
Yeah, that's usually what people who suck at Halo say. I didn't want to jump to conclusions though, so I checked your stats. You played one fuckin' game, went 0-8, and played Rumble Pit to fuckin' boot. Yeah, lots of strategy in Rumble Pit.

So yeah, your comment makes sense.

[quote name='Trakan']Yeah, that's usually what people who suck at Halo say. I didn't want to jump to conclusions though, so I checked your stats. You played one fuckin' game, went 0-8, and played Rumble Pit to fuckin' boot. Yeah, lots of strategy in Rumble Pit.

So yeah, your comment makes sense.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Cochese is cool, he doesn't like teh Haloz.

bread's done
Back