Halo: Reach

[quote name='CaptainJoel']My only real complaint about the statue is that it feels way, wayyyy too plastic and I feel like the money would've been better spent if I just went and bought the action figs at GS.[/QUOTE]

This set of action figs is only $30 at most major retailers, and it looks like a lot more value at $30 than the LE statue is at $70.

other_reach4pack_packaging_01_dl.jpg

[quote name='BingoBrown']This set of action figs is only $30 at most major retailers, and it looks like a lot more value at $30 than the LE statue is at $70.

other_reach4pack_packaging_01_dl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That set is pretty cool...is that exclusive to any particular retailer?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That set is pretty cool...is that exclusive to any particular retailer?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I've seen it at both Target and Toys 'R Us, but I'm sure Walmart would carry it as well, along with any other retailer stocking Halo: Reach action figures.

It's a pretty solid deal, because each figure normally costs $11. Here, for $30, you get Jorge, Emile, an Elite, and an exclusive random green Spartan. If you aim to collect all of Noble Team, as I plan to do, then this is a good way to start.

I was hoping the matchmaking preferences would be improved from the beta. If I choose "chatty" why do I get matched with 15 people with no mics?

[quote name='BingoBrown']Nope, I've seen it at both Target and Toys 'R Us, but I'm sure Walmart would carry it as well, along with any other retailer stocking Halo: Reach action figures.

It's a pretty solid deal, because each figure normally costs $11. Here, for $30, you get Jorge, Emile, an Elite, and an exclusive random green Spartan. If you aim to collect all of Noble Team, as I plan to do, then this is a good way to start.[/QUOTE]

I had previously purchased Jorge, but that deal seems damn good, I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks.

[quote name='Easystride']Just a heads up, but you can NOT play co-op online without a hard drive. I guess it's Microsofts way of milking you of your money, forcing you to buy an overpriced HDD.[/QUOTE]
fuck MS, I don't even know if I want to open my copy now. I have 11GB free of flash memory and they can't even utilize some of that? assholes.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']fuck MS, I don't even know if I want to open my copy now. I have 11GB free of flash memory and they can't even utilize some of that? assholes.[/QUOTE]

I said similar things above. I'm no programmer, but I doubt there's any technical reason why coop cannot be done through a flash drive. Perhasp it's easier for them to program it through a hard drive? AFAIK, other games do just fine with online coop without a hard drive (Gears?).

That was before flash drive support came out, I guess it's silly of me to assume that they could accommodate a portion of their users who have flash drives but refuse to pay for their overpriced shitty harddrives. I'm not going to buy one of their harddrives just for one game.

Is anybody else having problems staying connected to Live today? Just trying to figure out if it is my connection or if Live is being seriously taxed. I was going to try to go for the daily challenges today for the achievement, but with the connection issues, today not be the best. Same thing happened when I was playing campaign, got kicked off Live and didn't get credit for finishing the level for the weekly challenge. Oh well.

I didn't look very hard last night when I played for a bit, but how can you tell the difference between the daily and weekly challenges?

EDIT: NM. Found them on Bungie.net

I picked it up last night at 12. I liked it a lot. The customization is really good. I'm just not sure if I want to use my Recon Helmet code. Seems as if EVERYBODY is using it online. I think I'll try for the Waypoint Helmets to look more unique.

Wow, this has never happened to me before. I checked my order on Amazon while I was on my lunch break and apperently they tried to deliver it but needed a signature so they didn't leave it there. That is wierd because I've had $400 orders shipped from Amazon and they've never needed a signature before. I guess my little brother is going to be pissed tonight when he comes home.

F.Y.I- It was the $80 version.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I picked it up last night at 12. I liked it a lot. The customization is really good. I'm just not sure if I want to use my Recon Helmet code. Seems as if EVERYBODY is using it online. I think I'll try for the Waypoint Helmets to look more unique.[/QUOTE]
Mine is on eBay for a good portion of what I paid for the game. Don't need that stuff.

Got my copy at BB. Man, there was a line even an hour and a half after they opened at the CS desk. Also, there were still about 15 of the LE big boxes behind the counter.

[quote name='100xp']So basically the Halo Reach LE statue is a glorified fish tank ornament that would be awesome for a Halo fan's aquarium but probably not sealed and very toxic for fish.[/QUOTE]

you nailed it, touting a piece is limited but watching 300 of them leave our GS stores alone = BS hyped up mass produced statue that many have gotten broken. a flaming skull helmet is ....bleh.. unless you earn it as an unlock it holds no value to me and they don't look all that great IMO and i can see them much easier in MP so it works against you really.

i am very happy with my LE version and i left everything extra sealed but for my game, my MT Armor, recon helmet, LE bundled items, and Elite armor are possibly to be sold off to get me more games as they'll just sit here doing diddly

My UPS status changed. Well one of the tracking numbers did. It says in transit on time, to be delivered thursday. But there is also a 2nd tracking number i have no idea what it is, that still says billing information received.

WTH, no delivery yet for me. Was out for delivery since 7 am, normally I get the release day games by 10 or 11 but not today when I am actually home to play it.

I'm curious if anyone else who got the $80 version had an unsealed game box inside (i.e. there was no official MS sticker that keeps the game case closed that's on all new games).

Every other LE/CE I've ever bought for the 360 has still had a sealed copy (the official MS sticker that keeps the case closed) inside regardless. I bought it at BB and the big box was shrink-wrapped and as far as I know everything else is intact (i.e. 2 DLC cards, one for CE DLC(?) and one for recon helmet DLC), just very strange.

[quote name='woodcan']I'm curious if anyone else who got the $80 version had an unsealed game box inside (i.e. there was no official MS sticker that keeps the game case closed that's on all new games).

Every other LE/CE I've ever bought for the 360 has still had a sealed copy (the official MS sticker that keeps the case closed) inside regardless. I bought it at BB and the big box was shrink-wrapped and as far as I know everything else is intact (i.e. 2 DLC cards, one for CE DLC(?) and one for recon helmet DLC), just very strange.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. The actual game case was not shinkwrapped/sealed. Thought it was a little odd but no big deal.
[quote name='BingoBrown']FYI, the free Halo: Reach Invasion theme is up for downloading on XBL.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/f0000037-0000-4000-8000-00004d53085b?cid=SLink[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks. Was wondering what was up with that - right after midnight last night, it was up, said free in the pic, but when you clicked through to it, it cost 240 points. Then an hour later it was gone completely.

Received my copy a short while ago. I immediately jumped into a team slayer game and completely forgot how to play Halo, but by the end of the round it all had come back to me. So far the game seems fun, balanced, and gorgeous.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this in the newsletter that was sent out, but there is a picture of a prototype halo reach 360 in it (the old style).
11357-Loyalist_IMG-13.jpg

Just walked into BB in Manhattan and they had a stack of LE Halo Reach. Just grabbed one, got my $20 gift card and even used my triple points birthday gift from BB for it.

The only complaint I have is they did not have any large bags for it.

Wow, big screw up by Amazon. I only ordered one copy of Reach and they sent me two in the mail. The FedEx guy was like...this is strange, you have two packages and they both have the same tracking number. What to do, what to do...

[quote name='dmaul1114']Odd, my UPS status switched from Out for Delivery and back to In Transit.

Sure it will still show up.[/QUOTE]

Same with mines. It said it was out for delivery earlier, then it changed to that it just arrived at another facility, now its at in transit. I really do hope it get delivered today. Seems like some are having problems with gettin it on time.

Picked up a regular edition from Walmart with UPC # 885370040159 that has the bonus Spartan helmet listed on the front cover.

Can someone who bought it from Amazon please verify if theirs has the same UPC?

[quote name='drumstick']Same with mines. It said it was out for delivery earlier, then it changed to that it just arrived at another facility, now its at in transit. I really do hope it get delivered today. Seems like some are having problems with gettin it on time.[/QUOTE]

As posted above, mine got delivered at 2:48pm EST, status never had changed back to Out for Deliver that I noticed.

So I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='eastx']Picked up a regular edition from Walmart with UPC # 885370040159 that has the bonus Spartan helmet listed on the front cover.

Can someone who bought it from Amazon please verify if theirs has the same UPC?[/QUOTE]

Same UPC as the one I got from Amazon.

[quote name='kimbaka']Wow, big screw up by Amazon. I only ordered one copy of Reach and they sent me two in the mail. The FedEx guy was like...this is strange, you have two packages and they both have the same tracking number. What to do, what to do...[/QUOTE]

wow that's great.

My Newegg copy also has the Spartan Helmet shown on the case like eastx. Anyone else get that too (that didn't get from Walmart or Newegg)?

HEY EVERYONE

I have a question, when I go into "Edit mode" in Forge how do I go faster ? I remember in Halo 3 there was a boost button

any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='eastx']Picked up a regular edition from Walmart with UPC # 885370040159 that has the bonus Spartan helmet listed on the front cover.

Can someone who bought it from Amazon please verify if theirs has the same UPC?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Pure Apathy']Same UPC as the one I got from Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Same UPC as well from Amazon order.

I wasn't expecting a bonus helmet for day one purchasers... very nice Bungie :)

In Halo 3 it was left trigger.

Is there any list of Halo: Recon avatar awards?

I want to know if I should care about achievements for this game. I don't have gold right now so I can't check if it is known what I need to do.

Have the EVA requirements been raised?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilman']Same UPC as well from Amazon order.

I wasn't expecting a bonus helmet for day one purchasers... very nice Bungie :)[/QUOTE]

I can only imagine the disappointment the person who buys my game will have when I sell it stating it's the game, case, and manual, then seeing the front cover say, "Bonus Spartan Recon Helmet", opening it up thinking I included it as a surprise and then discovering that the only extra is a 48 hr xbox live trial.

Also, I want my Campaign co-op matchmaking now please.

[quote name='Doomed']In Halo 3 it was left trigger.

Is there any list of Halo: Recon avatar awards?

I want to know if I should care about achievements for this game. I don't have gold right now so I can't check if it is known what I need to do.

Have the EVA requirements been raised?[/QUOTE]

Holy big font batman. Yes I have "Kat's Helmet" for avenging a teammates death in multiplayer.

Others are:
"Carters Helmet" - clear a campaign on legendary without dying
"Emile's Helmet" - Earn a Bulltrue Medal in multiplayer or firefight matchmaking
"Jorge's Helmet" - Earn a Killtactular in multiplayer
"Jun's Helmet" - Kill 100 enemines in a row without dying in Campaign or Firefight

lol @ my fedex man

"got a package for cody xxxxxxx"

"That's me."

"Is this the new Halo game that I've been delivering all over town?"

haha and the funny part is that I live in a pretty small town in North Dakota.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']lol @ my fedex man

"got a package for cody xxxxxxx"

"That's me."

"Is this the new Halo game that I've been delivering all over town?"

haha and the funny part is that I live in a pretty small town in North Dakota.[/QUOTE]

I can believe that every town is probably playing Reach, even the Amish.

Yeah Paul, same UPC as Amazon. Why didn't you get release date delivery? I know you did have prime recently.

Mine got here an hour ago. Doing stuff now, but will be playing soon. I'll probably start with Firefight using the method X-Play showed yesterday to get a bunch of easy achievements, unless some friends are wanting to start campaign from the beginning.

bread's done
Back