Has anyone ever gotten a good game at Gamestop.com?

[quote name='Number83']Just an update, if anyone cares. I shipped them back on August 4. Delivery confirmation on August 9. Two emails that a refund was issued August 19 and a third email that I have not gotten a response to. I still have not received a refund to my credit card. My last plan of attack is the Household Bank, the BBB and finally the Pennsylvania State Attorney General. They fuck -ed with the wrong gamer![/QUOTE]

If you paid with a credit card you should be able to get the charge reversed with a simple call. Just tell them all of this and it should be pretty straight forward.

Only possible glitch would be if the time limit has passed, but I think most CCs give you 90 days or longer.

I've got plenty in great condition complete, plenty in good condition with disc only, and a few broken games which I got replacements for without a problem.

EDIT: Of the last 10 used games I bought from them:
4 were complete
2 were missing manuals
2 were disc only (one was PS1, though)
1 was broken and disc only (replaced with complete working copy)
1 was broken and missing manual (replaced with working copy missing manual)

I also have 10 really cheap used games coming in the mail from them, I'll give you the status on those when they arrive).

4 complete (2 of them PS1 games)
2 missing manuals
3 disc only
1 broken disc only

I'm never going to order used game from gamstop again. 5 times and all of them have no box or manuals. also 4 of them have deep scratches. I'm only ordering from eb now.

[quote name='ne2eire']Can you return online orders at Gamestop B&M. I've never ordered anything used from them.[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked the answer was no, but things could have changed(doubt it).

Gamestop sucks. Internet orders= All w/o instructions most w/o cases. Saddest of all...MvC2 w/o instructions...DAMN! And teir customer service sucks. I've almost gotten into fights with the associates plenty of times because they have the "I know everything attitude" and I don't play that game. I'm there looking for a video game. I don't need to hear a lecture on how the Xbox dominates the PS2...why did I buy one, etc. I dont need to hear it. I want to buy a game for MY console not yours...so back off. I don't mind beating the snot out of you THEN buying my game...elsewhere.

[quote name='ne2eire']Can you return online orders at Gamestop B&M. I've never ordered anything used from them.[/QUOTE]

No, which why it pains me to think that EBGames and Gamestop are going to be one store.

[quote name='jimbodan']I don't think I've ever ordered used from Gamestop for that very reason. No boxes + instructions = no business from me.[/QUOTE]

I'll just echo his opinion.

I just got Metal Slug 3 (XB), Timesplitters: FP (XB) and Ikaruga (GC) from Gamestop.com...All were complete, except missing the manuel for Ikaruga, but meh, good enough for me...

when the reprint of persona 2 came out about 3 weeks ago, i ordered it as used cause thats the way they sold it, and it was complete obviously..first time ordering from them so i cant complain..although i did expect it to come complete

[quote name='Number83']No, which why it pains me to think that EBGames and Gamestop are going to be one store.[/QUOTE]

Aye. We can only hope the merger is something that exists mostly on paper, solely to enrich the numb-nuts executives and lawyers that originally handled the deal. Or at least bring the best practices over from EB. Otherwise, lawd hep' us all!

[quote name='CaoPi']I rarely buy used games online it's like buying something blind-folded![/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way.

I ordered a few used games from Gamestop.com as the only Gamestop/EB around me has a very poor choice of games. Anyways, half came with box/manual and half did not. When I checked online, I found that a manual and box is not guaranteed like most of EB's items. So I called Gamestop and after 30 minutes on hold I get a RMA number. I package almost everything up and decide to keep one game that came with a box and seemed alright. Well I decided to play it today and apparently half way through it freezes. Now I've got to get another box to ship, call Gamestop again for another RMA and this time try to get some sort of shipping refund. Oh well, I learned a lesson.

I've gotten that problem from ordering via EBGames.com and Gamestop.com. The trick is, NEVER EVER order used games online from them. Step outside, and go to a local store, buy your used games there so you can look over the condition before you hand them your bills. All my used stuff bought from them is mint because of that practice.

[quote name='Aleryn']I've gotten that problem from ordering via EBGames.com and Gamestop.com. The trick is, NEVER EVER order used games online from them. Step outside, and go to a local store, buy your used games there so you can look over the condition before you hand them your bills. All my used stuff bought from them is mint because of that practice.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. However, sometimes the selection of games online is much better than the B&M stores. EBGames at least guarantees Box and Instructions on current gen games and offers in store returns for online purchases. Don't you think it's crazy to get an XBOX game in a cardboard sleve and have to PAY to have it sent back?

[quote name='s3v3n777']Gamestop sucks. Internet orders= All w/o instructions most w/o cases. Saddest of all...MvC2 w/o instructions...DAMN! And teir customer service sucks. I've almost gotten into fights with the associates plenty of times because they have the "I know everything attitude" and I don't play that game. I'm there looking for a video game. I don't need to hear a lecture on how the Xbox dominates the PS2...why did I buy one, etc. I dont need to hear it. I want to buy a game for MY console not yours...so back off. I don't mind beating the snot out of you THEN buying my game...elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean... if it wasn't for the Gamestop that I go to (nice people) I would stay far away from any video game store. I can't stand the elitest attitude that most employees give you now, meh...

[quote name='s3v3n777']Gamestop sucks. Internet orders= All w/o instructions most w/o cases. Saddest of all...MvC2 w/o instructions...DAMN! And teir customer service sucks. I've almost gotten into fights with the associates plenty of times because they have the "I know everything attitude" and I don't play that game. I'm there looking for a video game. I don't need to hear a lecture on how the Xbox dominates the PS2...why did I buy one, etc. I dont need to hear it. I want to buy a game for MY console not yours...so back off. I don't mind beating the snot out of you THEN buying my game...elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean... if it wasn't for the Gamestop that I go to (nice people) I would stay far away from any video game store. I can't stand the elitest attitude that most employees give you now, meh...

There's a Gamestop store at my local mall, so shopping online isn't necessary. It's a lackluster store though, there are both much better local and national stores avaliable. They're used games even in the store have been quite shitty. I'm beginning to hate them.

That is the reason why I purchase used games in store and not online. I got some good games for cheap prices.
Ncaa Football 2004 - $2.99
Tony Hawks Underground - $4.99
Nhl 2002 - $1.49
Espn basketball for - $4.99
I was suprised to see how cheap some of these game were. I usually only buy games with good rating and it is a steal to have them at low price even if they are a couple years old.

[quote name='jimbodan']I don't think I've ever ordered used from Gamestop for that very reason. No boxes + instructions = no business from me.[/QUOTE]

same here

bread's done
Back