Haze Not Exclusive?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Brute Force is a Halo killer.

No wait, KILLZONE IS THE HALO KILLER!!!!!!!!

Nah, I changed my mind... TIMESPLITTERS IS THE HALO KILLAH![/quote]

Call of Duty 4 is Halo Killer. :D

I thought the Haze demo was good for what it was.

Don't listen to some of these people, they like to rip on anything related to the PS3.

According to my email from SCEA, it is exclusive:
352ewes.jpg

The boxart is pretty cool IMO.
[quote name='help1']Killzone 1 sucked, no one would spend money on that garbage in the PC market, which is filled with solid shooters.

Nintendo doesn't make PC games as far as I know.[/quote]
Killzone is NOT garbage. It was a pretty good FPS and much better than Halo 2 IMO.

[/quote]I thought Brute Force wasn't too bad. Killzone is the Halo killer IMO.

mana knight, you my friend, are a GOD! i can tell you are a games fan and not a corporate cheerleader like a few of the guys on this thread. we seem to have the same opinion on quite a few things. all of you should listen to him. he knows what he is talking about!

I agree. I stopped playing the demo after...5 minutes. It didn't grab me. Stars like 'BAM! GO! Oh wait, TUTORIAL'.

Oh, and as for Halo Killers, Halo 3 was the Halo killer.

Nah, I changed my mind... TIMESPLITTERS IS THE HALO KILLAH![/QUOTE]

You were close. It's actually Timeshift

[quote name='KingBroly']I agree. I stopped playing the demo after...5 minutes. It didn't grab me. Stars like 'BAM! GO! Oh wait, TUTORIAL'.

Oh, and as for Halo Killers, Halo 3 was the Halo killer.[/QUOTE]I played the demo 5 times and found the story pretty good. I'll admit the tutorial thing popping up at the beginning wasn't a good idea, but after that, the game was fun.
[quote name='alexi_666']mana knight, you my friend, are a GOD! i can tell you are a games fan and not a corporate cheerleader like a few of the guys on this thread. we seem to have the same opinion on quite a few things. all of you should listen to him. he knows what he is talking about![/QUOTE]
Yeah, you just became one of my favorite CAG members. :D

So, I think we can all agree that the only people that are interested in this game are the same people that would not be interested in this game if it were for the Xbox 360.

Hell, even the Xbox 360 fans don't really want to play this. They just would want it on their system to say it wasn't exclusive to the PS3. Why that matters, either way, I have no idea.

[quote name='Halo05']Back on topic, game looks like a generic FPS. I'll be passing barring some amazing reviews.[/quote]I'll admit that the main reason I'd buy Haze is to support the devs for making it PS3 exclusive, because PS3 does need more 3rd party exclusives. Most developers aren't convinced a 3rd party exclusive can sell, which is why many don't bother. They need to be proven wrong so games can be utilized on PS3 instead of getting gimped due to being developed for another platform in mind (I'm not saying gimped because the 360 isn't powerful at all, I'm talking gimped as in not utilizing the PS3 architecture well, because PS3 exclusives get their awesome graphics by streaming RAM. Also, I want to see blu-ray utilized for un-compressed audio, storing more textures, etc.).

Haze not selling well only gives Ubi Soft an excuse to never make a PS3 exclusive again, which other developers may follow suit. PS3 already gets a lot of flack for not having too many 3rd party exclusives and only being good for a "blu-ray" player.

Yes I may sound a bit fanboyish here; however, there is no denying I would like to see more third party exclusives on PS3 giving people a reason to own a PS3. MGS4 and FFXIII games are pretty big, but that's still not enough.

However, I rather every PS3 owner buy Valkyria Chronicles, which appears to be an awesome exclusive JRPG on PS3 based on import impressions. That definitely deserves to sell.

Good God, this thread is awesome.

And I could care less if it's exclusive. As long as I can play it, and it's a good game, I'm fine.

[quote name='Halo05']You must be new around here. Or a joke account.

Not that I have any problem with TMK but he is the Sony Defense Force.

Back on topic, game looks like a generic FPS. I'll be passing barring some amazing reviews.[/QUOTE]

dude who invited you? just get out!
btw, i've known about this site for a very long time. almost as long as you. i barely joined like close to a year ago cuz refusedchaos kept telling me how awesome it was and i figured that i mgiht as well just join.

also, i suggest that all you haters out there just stop posting before refusedchaos, mana knight and myself rape you! :D

[quote name='alexi_666']
also, i suggest that all you haters out there just stop posting before refusedchaos, mana knight and myself rape you! :D[/QUOTE]

You got Downs, son?

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Will anyone really care about Bioshock on the PS3 a year after it's released? Especially with Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, MGS in June, and some other games I am sure I am missing coming out this fall? But your right, Lost Planet is a much better example.[/quote]

The PS3 version of Lost Planet was inferior to the 360 version, though. It was plagued with issues such as slowdown and choppy visuals that were not present in the original edition.

The 360 and PC versions were canceled a long time ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6177964.html

[quote name='Rozz']The PS3 version of Lost Planet was inferior to the 360 version, though. It was plagued with issues such as slowdown and choppy visuals that were not present in the original edition.

The 360 and PC versions were canceled a long time ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6177964.html[/QUOTE]The Oblivion port to PS3 was handled very well; however, it just depends upon the developer (some invest more time in a port while others just try to take the easy way to porting not trying to make it run well). So in reality, it's up in the air how it would turn out IF there was ever a port (I personally don't think so, but you never know).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll admit that the main reason I'd buy Haze is to support the devs for making it PS3 exclusive, because PS3 does need more 3rd party exclusives. Most developers aren't convinced a 3rd party exclusive can sell, which is why many don't bother. They need to be proven wrong so games can be utilized on PS3 instead of getting gimped due to being developed for another platform in mind (I'm not saying gimped because the 360 isn't powerful at all, I'm talking gimped as in not utilizing the PS3 architecture well, because PS3 exclusives get their awesome graphics by streaming RAM. Also, I want to see blu-ray utilized for un-compressed audio, storing more textures, etc.).

Haze not selling well only gives Ubi Soft an excuse to never make a PS3 exclusive again, which other developers may follow suit. PS3 already gets a lot of flack for not having too many 3rd party exclusives and only being good for a "blu-ray" player.

Yes I may sound a bit fanboyish here; however, there is no denying I would like to see more third party exclusives on PS3 giving people a reason to own a PS3. MGS4 and FFXIII games are pretty big, but that's still not enough.

However, I rather every PS3 owner buy Valkyria Chronicles, which appears to be an awesome exclusive JRPG on PS3 based on import impressions. That definitely deserves to sell.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're ready to buy the million plus copies of Haze it would take to convince other 3rd party developers going exclusive is a good idea.

That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Buy a game because it's good, not because you are hoping with your purchase of a mediocre game that you're going to somehow convince other companies to completely change how they operate and switch everything to PS3.

I'm in awe that you'd drop $60 on a shitty FPS with the main reason being "I'm going to convince other developers this is an awesome idea!" when there are far better games to be spending that money on.

When you buy Haze, all you're doing is supporting shitty games with too long development time and nothing to show for it.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm in awe that you'd drop $60 on a shitty FPS with the main reason being "I'm going to convince other developers this is an awesome idea!" when there are far better games to be spending that money on. [/quote]Did you even play the game? Anyway, I played Haze and thought it was good, but that was my opinion.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I bet you didn't even play the game on PS3 since you RARELY log on the PS3 since you never accepted my friend request, so I just gave up. :roll: I played Haze and thought it was good. It may be shitty to you but not to me. I won't say great, but I did enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I've been playing Motorstorm often, I just don't ever check the friend request stuff. I did try the Haze demo, it was mediocre average FPS fluff.

But nice try. I'm glad the PS3 has an all encompassing online set so that you can see when and what I'm doing when I'm on it.

OH WAIT.

Haha, now you're trying personal attacks? I thought you were better than that, but apparently not. omg, I had 1000 games, most of them were pretty good actually ;) I sure as hell didn't buy all those games because I wanted to support some stupid notion of convincing developers to make more games system exclusive.

Nice stealth edit ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I thought the Haze demo was good for what it was.

Don't listen to some of these people, they like to rip on anything related to the PS3.

According to my email from SCEA, it is exclusive:
352ewes.jpg

The boxart is pretty cool IMO.

Killzone is NOT garbage. It was a pretty good FPS and much better than Halo 2 IMO.

I thought Brute Force wasn't too bad. Killzone is the Halo killer IMO.[/QUOTE]
Oh cmon, I've played Killzone. It clearly was not as good as Halo 2. You have to be crazy to say stuff like that.

[quote name='Roufuss']Ha, I've been playing Motorstorm often, I just don't ever check the friend request stuff. I did try the Haze demo, it was mediocre average FPS fluff.

But nice try. I'm glad the PS3 has an all encompassing online set so that you can see when and what I'm doing when I'm on it.

OH WAIT.

Haha, now you're trying personal attacks? I thought you were better than that, but apparently not. omg, I had 1000 games, most of them were pretty good actually ;) I sure as hell didn't buy all those games because I wanted to support some stupid notion of convincing developers to make more games system exclusive.[/QUOTE]Well, I was actually looking at your old PM, but let's drop this argument, since I don't want any hatred towards you (I edited my post just a little).

Anyway, in all honestly, I don't want to buy Haze because FPS just isn't my genre. However, I am glad to see a PS3 exclusive and I did enjoy the demo, which gives me some incentive. Knowing me, I'll get it cheap one day, if I do get it at all (or if my friends pressure me into buying it).

But like I keep trying to tell people, the demo is old (comes from mid last year), and do not make final judgment until the retail copy is released. I've seen plenty of games with old demos, which played terrible (Forza on Xbox especially comes to mind), but the full version was awesome. The Haze demo was only 10 minutes, and 10 minutes doesn't really tell you much about a game.

[quote name='alexi_666']mana knight, you my friend, are a GOD! i can tell you are a games fan and not a corporate cheerleader like a few of the guys on this thread. we seem to have the same opinion on quite a few things. all of you should listen to him. he knows what he is talking about![/quote]

Joke post? I really couldn't tell... :bouncy:

[quote name='MarkMan']Joke post? I really couldn't tell... :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

no joke. he is a GOD!
when i use GODLY or GOD that means i really like them and i consider them badass!

Haze looks pretty generic and boring, I would rather see Free Radical focus on making a new Timesplitters game then port Haze over to the 360/PC.

Yes, I'm sure when the final history of FPS games is written, "Haze" will have an entire chapter devoted to it.

Generic shit.

[quote name='alexi_666']no joke. he is a GOD!
when i use GODLY or GOD that means i really like them and i consider them badass![/QUOTE]
Sick.

[quote name='shipwreck']So, I think we can all agree that the only people that are interested in this game are the same people that would not be interested in this game if it were for the Xbox 360.

Hell, even the Xbox 360 fans don't really want to play this. They just would want it on their system to say it wasn't exclusive to the PS3. Why that matters, either way, I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

now that's the fanboy way of thinking... only wants a game on their console to spite the other console. Now I want Ninja Gaiden II [Sigma] on PS3. But only because I prefer to play it on PS3.

HAZE is a top notch shooter last year. Its a game that past in prime while in the development phase. I still think HAZE is a decent game, because its the first (or one of the first) FPS' that has online co-op (for PS3 owners).

and truthfully, I do like the story, because it reminds me of Red Faction, so I'm interested to see how the story unfolds.

I mean, most people are saying this game could be in the 7.0 to 8.0 range. Is that a bad thing? Yes, it's a generic FPS, but during the summer drought, a solid FPS like this, especially one with 4 player co-op could definitely be worth buying IMO.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']I mean, most people are saying this game could be in the 7.0 to 8.0 range. Is that a bad thing? Yes, it's a generic FPS, but during the summer drought, a solid FPS like this, especially one with 4 player co-op could definitely be worth buying IMO.[/QUOTE]

The summer drought is a thing of the past.

[quote name='alexi_666']After playing the demo last night, it showed some pics and some text saying what nectar can do and at the very last screen it says this:

"Exclusive to the PS3:
4 Player Online Co-op"

So after reading that, you can basically tell that its probably gonna be a timed exclusive, which sucks! But hopefully its just a typo.[/QUOTE]

Haze is also being released for the PC, so it probably means that the PC version won't include 4 player co op.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']I mean, most people are saying this game could be in the 7.0 to 8.0 range. Is that a bad thing? Yes, it's a generic FPS, but during the summer drought, a solid FPS like this, especially one with 4 player co-op could definitely be worth buying IMO.[/QUOTE]

Summer drought?

MGS4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 next month.

I don't get why people have to buy every new game released. Don't call it a summer drought; instead, think of it as a good time to play through the great games you missed in the past.

[quote name='Rozz']I don't get why people have to buy every new game released. Don't call it a summer drought; instead, think of it as a good time to play through the great games you missed in the past.[/QUOTE]

exactly

and why is this thread still going?

bread's done
Back