Help me pick the store to buy a ps3!

rizzay

CAG Veteran
hey guys, im gonna buy a ps3 pretty soon and i missed out on the last promotions. I was thinking to buy it from either amazon (no tax + free shipping), or gamecrazy (8.25 California Tax but i get 12 free rentals.) Which would you guys buy from? thanks!

No tax....that saves like what, $41? I don't rent much...so I'd rather have 2/3 of a game than 12 rentals.

I vote Amazon,especially with CA ridiculous sales tax. Or wait for another retailer to offer a better deal. The "FREE" coupon GC/HWV gives you only applies towards Uwe Boll films...only kidding. Can you even use the coupon to rent PS3 game? I thought game vault games were only the old stuff.

I'm not a big game renter either, if I was buying one today I'd go with Amazon. Or I'd wait until someone else offers a free controller or a game with it.

[quote name='PocariSweat']I vote Amazon,especially with CA ridiculous sales tax. Or wait for another retailer to offer a better deal. The "FREE" coupon GC/HWV gives you only applies towards Uwe Boll films...only kidding. Can you even use the coupon to rent PS3 game? I thought game vault games were only the old stuff.[/quote]

ridiculous? how much is your tax mine is 8.25 too.

[quote name='panasonic']ridiculous? how much is your tax mine is 8.25 too.[/QUOTE]

I just mean ridiculous in a cag sense. I rather save $40. It's 8.25% in my county too.

Is there no tax to everywhere in the U.S. on Amazon? I'm looking at getting one now as well. Saving enough for an extra controller or game would be awesome that way.

I got my ps3 last weekend from Circuit City. Use the 40 off 199 coupon floating around. I ended up getting the PS3 and the free controller for 489$ after taxes, plus you get the 5 free blu rays like every store. That was the best deal I could find. If you dont want the extra controller and get lucky, you might be able to return it for the 49.99

Try the Hastings "Buy a PS3 and get a $100 Gift Card".Nice for buying 1 PS3 game and use the rest of it for another PS3 game.....

I would say Amazon also....unless one of the B&M stores is close enough to get a deal (the Hastings one sounds good...but none in my area).

CostCo.

I know that's not an option, but they have an awesome return policy incase something ever happens to your system.

They even let me price adjust my system recently, and I bought it in April! They handed me 127.00 cash.

thanks for the opinions guys, i think im gonna just wait till the last week of the 5 blu ray promotion just in case any extras come up.

[quote name='afedock']I got my ps3 last weekend from Circuit City. Use the 40 off 199 coupon floating around. ...[/QUOTE]

What coupon? I'm considering buying one and was waiting for a deal to get a few extra bucks off. $499 is still a bit high as far as I'm concerned, since the only game out that I like is Resistence and then Ratchet.

[quote name='RandyTsai']cant u make ure own decision?[/quote]

I've never been to a less friendly website than cheapassgamer. This sort of response is way too commonplace.

Oh, and Amazon has sales tax in states where they have employees, Washington, West Virginia, and North Dakota.

If you don't pay attention to him eventually he will lose his motivation to annoy you and walk away... crying.

back on topic: I'm looking for the best place also and I'm thinking amazon.com.

I am also in the same boat. My birthday is in August and I am going to be buying myself a shiny new PS3. I was thinking about getting it at Target. If you apply for thier charge card you get 10% off your first purchase. I was talking to a Target employee the other day and he confirmed that it would work with a PS3 purchase. :)

Yeah go with Amazon, cept the GC deal that was running until this last monday was the way to go. Trade in your ps2/xbox and get $100 toward a new ps3.

And get Resistance, but I think Lair and Warhawk look prett sweet.

Yeah go with Amazon, cept the GC deal that was running until this last monday was the way to go. Trade in your ps2/xbox and get $100 toward a new ps3.

And get Resistance, but I think Lair and Warhawk look prett sweet.

[quote name='rizzay']thanks for the opinions guys, i think im gonna just wait till the last week of the 5 blu ray promotion just in case any extras come up.[/quote]

If you go with Amazon now, I think they still have the deal where you can get 3 extra blu ray discs with the system for 480 shipped (plus the 5 br's from the MIR).

bread's done
Back