Help with 360 purchase from Craigslist

Furashu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
hi i was wondering, how do u know if the xbox 360 is stil under warranty?
i found a deal with the premium 360 with another wireless controller and Ghost recon and madden 06. The guy says its 4 months old but how do i know if its under a warranty? please help he has another buyer...

How cheap is it? I'd be careful buying a used 360 if I were you. Some people modded their 360s and then they were banned from XBL, So people are willing to get rid of them for cheap.

[quote name='Furashu']its 375 pretty good deal, the guy is willing to even give me a receipt with it.[/QUOTE]
so you can check the receipt but you want us to tell you how to figure out when it was purchased? shit man im stumped =)

thats not a good deal....GRAW is old and Madden 06 is like $10 now and you can swindle a wireless controller (if you even use it that much) for $30 or less....so......brand new id say $400+$25+$10+$30=$465

you MIGHT be saving $90......i would pass

[quote name='Furashu']hi i was wondering, how do u know if the xbox 360 is stil under warranty?
i found a deal with the premium 360 with another wireless controller and Ghost recon and madden 06. The guy says its 4 months old but how do i know if its under a warranty? please help he has another buyer...[/quote]

Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and give them the serial number (try to get this from the seller), they can tell you when it was purchased. MS keeps a database of every serial number out there and whenever a console gets purchased they will know as retailers will scan the serial number on the console. The purchase date is when the 1 year warranty starts.

[quote name='Furashu']its 375 pretty good deal, the guy is willing to even give me a receipt with it.[/QUOTE]

I would definately pass on that "deal"

i bought my 360 from some1 on craiglist may 06" for $400. i thought it was a good deal. 360 prem.,fight night rd 3, extra wireless controller. got a receipt also. still working fine.

that deal for $375,used 4mths, the cheap games. u should pass, and look more..

[quote name='avatar13']Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and give them the serial number (try to get this from the seller), they can tell you when it was purchased. MS keeps a database of every serial number out there and whenever a console gets purchased they will know as retailers will scan the serial number on the console. The purchase date is when the 1 year warranty starts.[/QUOTE]
I know thats not completely true, I used to work at Target, and you never had to scan the serial. But for all other systems you would have too. Not sure if MS made it that mandatory.

Yea, sorry man, but its not that great of a deal. I got a 360 premium with 2 (crap, eh) games and an extra controller, plus headset for 250. I wanted new, but I'm a CAG, unfortuently. I'm just crossing my fingers I won't see 3 red lights pop up anytime soon.

Does anyone know how the best buy replacement plans work? Do they start after the manufacturer's warranty runs out or when you buy the console? I ask b/c I found a 6 month old premium with a charging station, extra wireless controller, intercooler, wireless adapter, 9 games (all good and new), and a 2 yr best buy replacement plan for $425. I'm thinking that's a really smokin deal.

The replacement plan is good from the time the console was bought. It only works once, though. If you take it in for replacement they give you a new one and that's the end of the BB warranty. But at that point you have a new 360 with a new 1 year warranty.

You'll need the original receipt from BB. If you don't have it you may have a lot of trouble getting a replacement. It does sound like a good deal, though.

[quote name='avatar13']Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and give them the serial number (try to get this from the seller), they can tell you when it was purchased. MS keeps a database of every serial number out there and whenever a console gets purchased they will know as retailers will scan the serial number on the console. The purchase date is when the 1 year warranty starts.[/QUOTE]

Thats not true at all. I bought mine from walmart they scanned the serial number. Then when I get the ring of death. I called them they never knew of my console.

One of my employees just bought a NIB 360 premium and extra wireless controller (also new) off of craigslist for $350. I'd pass on this "deal" as well.

[quote name='lawhorns04']Does anyone know how the best buy replacement plans work? Do they start after the manufacturer's warranty runs out or when you buy the console? I ask b/c I found a 6 month old premium with a charging station, extra wireless controller, intercooler, wireless adapter, 9 games (all good and new), and a 2 yr best buy replacement plan for $425. I'm thinking that's a really smokin deal.[/QUOTE]
the prp acts as an extension of the ms warranty. if your 360 breaks durign the ms warranty, take it in and bb will exchange it, this then resets the ms waranty because you have been sold a new 360. the prp then resets as its time table does not start until the ms warranty expires.

i bought my 360 in september or october of last year. ive exchanged 3 of them at bb, i knwo what im talking about.
you do need the original receipt

edit - in addition target does not scan serial numbers. and the serial number does not appear on my bb receipts nor was it scanned when it was exchanged. I do recall them scanning the serial number of the console i returned, but i could be mistaken.

bread's done
Back