How the hell do I get music on my iPod from a computer other than the original PC?

Dead of Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
The original computer I used with my iPod died. Now I want to add more songs to my iPod, but it says I can only replace all the songs on the iPod with the ones in this library. There's gotta be something around this. Help.

Unless you have a backup of the songs, when you DO update it, youll lose your entire library. This is why iPods suck.

There are ways around this; many programs can rip songs from your iPod, format your iPod to that PC, then put them back on. A somewhat lengthy process (with a lot of songs it could take a while) but it's the best solution I think

[quote name='jPoD']Unless you have a backup of the songs, when you DO update it, youll lose your entire library. This is why iPods suck.[/quote]
Yeah i found it hard to beleive the first time that you have to completly update

your music list. You can always install hombrewed firmware like ipod linux but

its risky.

Yamipod can do it. Also, if you set your folder options to view hidden files, you can manually go into the iPod and copy all of the songs. Shitty thing is, they're all named with code, and organized at random into a shit ton of folders.

Yamipod was what I was going to suggest. I'd guess if you use Yamipod to get them off you can then add them to your library in iTunes and it will auto sort them into nice folders/file names using the ID3 tags. Bottom line is that you'll have to use something other than iTunes to get your music off the iPod.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Yamipod can do it. Also, if you set your folder options to view hidden files, you can manually go into the iPod and copy all of the songs. Shitty thing is, they're all named with code, and organized at random into a shit ton of folders.[/QUOTE]

anapod or ephpod work also, but I'd recommend Yamipod. Does the job fairly painless. Also, if you go to another computer you shouldn't have to remove all the songs if you set up the Ipod to work as manual.

bread's done
Back