How to go about pricing things..

Cracka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm cleaning out my closet and I found a few things that need to be sold because they're just collecting dust right now.

I have a box of probably around 20 comic books from around '93 to '95.. a couple of spider man, couple super man, green lantern, batman, etc. How do you go about putting a price on these?

Also I used to collect wrestling action figures. i got rid of all of them except the Blue Blazer action figure which i still have in the box. I bought this a few days after his death, for those of you who dont know the story of his death look it up. I figured considering Owen aka Blue Blazer died in the ring it might would gain some value, but i have no clue how much its worth. For all i know it could be worth less now than i bought it for.

So how would i go about placing a value on these items? I'm sure theres a pricing guide or something for comics. If anyone knows of one please post a link.

[quote name='Cracka']I'm cleaning out my closet and I found a few things that need to be sold because they're just collecting dust right now.

I have a box of probably around 20 comic books from around '93 to '95.. a couple of spider man, couple super man, green lantern, batman, etc. How do you go about putting a price on these?

Also I used to collect wrestling action figures. i got rid of all of them except the Blue Blazer action figure which i still have in the box. I bought this a few days after his death, for those of you who dont know the story of his death look it up. I figured considering Owen aka Blue Blazer died in the ring it might would gain some value, but i have no clue how much its worth. For all i know it could be worth less now than i bought it for.

So how would i go about placing a value on these items? I'm sure theres a pricing guide or something for comics. If anyone knows of one please post a link.[/quote]

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/default.asp

Couldn't tell ya about the figures.

Most wrestling items are worthless, even of wrestlers that have died. Maybe there is someone who will take it off your hands, but not for much. The comics will maybe go for $1-5 depending on the condition of them.

If whatever you have is sold on eBay checking completed auctions is a great way to get a good price. Keep in mind that the eBay value should probably be considered the max you'll get anywhere.

If it's not sold on eBay much then it's tougher.

[quote name='Cracka']When you look up a comic it gives you a value and a "CGC Value".. whats the cgc value stand for?[/QUOTE]

I think that's the value after you get a comic professionally checked for its condition. They rate it, then seal it in plastic to make it official. Last I checked, it was $35 per comic (making the service kinda useless unless you have a very valuable comic.)

bread's done
Back