Huge sale Blockbuster, Some Great Deals(possible YMMV)

thesilentshadow30

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I stopped by my local Blockbuster last night and saw that they were having a HUGE sale on all Pre-Viewed/Pre-Played items. From the flyers I saw it looks like a national sale will be going on for the first week of Sep. to clear out inventory of used items. My local blockbuster luckily started the sale this friday (they wrote on the flyer adding the additional dates for the sale). I didn't pay much attention to the DVD prices but the used games had some good deals, most were around 5-10 off plus still buy 2 get 1 free! From what I remember the discounts were something like:

Reg Price - Sale Price
4.99 to 8.99 - 2.99
9.99 to 16.99 - 8.99
17.99 to 24.99 - 16.99
25.99 to 32.99 - 24.99
33.99 to 39.99 - 32.99
40.99 to 44.99 - 36.99

I'm not sure that is the exact price scale but I think its close.
I picked up 3 games (buy 2 get 1 free is still going) last night, I wanted more but couldn't afford it. I will be going back this Friday when I get paid.
(This was at the Circleville Blockbuster)

I didnt buy anything there yet, they had lots of games though. Ill post what they have left when I go back and purchase Doom 3, Suikoden IV, and KOTOR II (could care less about Forza).

my BB is awesome. they accept trades so they usually have good games. i got shadow hearts covenent there and saw shadow hearts 1, dark cloud 2, and lots of other good games. usually good prices too.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I went to one the other day that had Doom 3, Forza, KOTOR II (among other games for $12.99 b2g1 free. Im going back to pick those up.[/QUOTE]
Wow, definatly need to go see this.

I've been to three Blockbusters in the past couple days.

Two had the B2G1 deal. The first had a couple of decent games, including GBA FF Tactics, but the prices were just okay and the lack of a third decent game made it not worth it. The second Blockbuster had bad, overpriced games, but they had PS1 Namco Museum 3 for $1.49. I got it, even though it was disc-only and couldn't remember what games were in the collection.

The third Blockbuster had no sale or promotion at all, and awful prices.

I've done well at Blockbuster before, but not this time.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I stopped by my local Blockbuster last night and saw that they were having a HUGE sale on all Pre-Viewed/Pre-Played items. From the flyers I saw it looks like a national sale will be going on for the first week of Sep. to clear out inventory of used items. My local blockbuster luckily started the sale this friday (they wrote on the flyer adding the additional dates for the sale). I didn't pay much attention to the DVD prices but the used games had some good deals, most were around 5-10 off plus still buy 2 get 1 free! From what I remember the discounts were something like:

Reg Price - Sale Price
4.99 to 8.99 - 2.99
9.99 to 16.99 - 8.99
17.99 to 24.99 - 16.99
25.99 to 32.99 - 24.99
33.99 to 39.99 - 32.99
40.99 to 44.99 - 36.99

I'm not sure that is the exact price scale but I think its close.
I picked up 3 games (buy 2 get 1 free is still going) last night, I wanted more but couldn't afford it. I will be going back this Friday when I get paid.
(This was at the Circleville Blockbuster)[/QUOTE]

will there be a sign like that? "4.99 to 8.99 - 2.99" etc.? or do they just scan like that...is it already marked at the lower price?

mine had midnight club 3 marked as 44.99 used...is it supposed to scan at 37 bucks?

[quote name='swetooth9']will there be a sign like that? "4.99 to 8.99 - 2.99" etc.? or do they just scan like that...is it already marked at the lower price?

mine had midnight club 3 marked as 44.99 used...is it supposed to scan at 37 bucks?[/QUOTE]
It's been my experience that it's still $44.99 in the system and they either manually adjust the price or use some code to get the sale price.

The one store in my area (Central Ave - Fairborn, OH) that had the sale had flyers up with the prices all around the store, including the ends of every aisle.

For anyone in the area, the following stores did not have the Labor Day sale, only the regular B2G1F.

Dayton-Yellow Springs Rd - Fairborn, OH
Airway Rd - Riverside, OH
New Germany-Trebein Rd - Beavercreek, OH

bread's done
Back