• Robots in Disguise Vol. 1-6
  • Dark Cybertron Vol. 1
Pay $5 more than the Average for:

• Days of Deception
  • Robots in Disguise #33-34
  • Dark Cybertron Vol. 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting new gimmick, BTA+$5

This should allow the upper tier to keep pulling up the BTA without limit.

Capture.jpg

Or the opposite. It leads to more people just going with the BTA (and thus a lower average) because the price premium is larger.

edit: Or some mix of the two. The average +$5 here is a good deal lower than the $15 top tier of the last Transformers Bundle.

Most interesting thing about this bundle is the debut of a new pricing model. The third tier is now tied to the BTA price as well. It's now $5 more than the BTA.

EDIT: I gotta learn how to read. AKA Kitty'd

Yes, this appears to be a response to a number of those bundles where the BTA ended up being so close to the third tier that it really made no sense to BTA after a certain point. In many cases the BTA would be within $1-2 of the third tier price; I have a vague memory of seeing one that actually exceeded it, but that might be my unreliable memory at work. Now there will be a tangible distinction between the second and third tiers no matter how high the BTA goes up. And the BTAs tend to do this the most on book bundles; you rarely see a BTA at $10-12 on the game bundles.

Not sure how I feel about the new gimmick.

While it's great for bundles that flop and end up with a low BTA, it's terrible for bundles with a top-tier that everyone buys (Star Wars Humble for example).

While it's great for bundles that flop and end up with a low BTA, it's terrible for bundles with a top-tier that everyone buys (Star Wars Humble for example).
Well, bear in mind that this may be a one-time thing or (more likely) it will only apply to certain bundles, like the book bundles for the reason I stated above.

Or the opposite. It leads to more people just going with the BTA (and thus a lower average) because the price premium is larger.

edit: Or some mix of the two. The average +$5 here is a good deal lower than the $15 top tier of the last Transformers Bundle.
Yep, it's an experiment. And, well... sometimes experiments end in a bloody mess.

Yes, this appears to be a response to a number of those bundles where the BTA ended up being so close to the third tier that it really made no sense to BTA after a certain point. In many cases the BTA would be within $1-2 of the third tier price; I have a vague memory of seeing one that actually exceeded it, but that might be my unreliable memory at work. Now there will be a tangible distinction between the second and third tiers no matter how high the BTA goes up. And the BTAs tend to do this the most on book bundles; you rarely see a BTA at $10-12 on the game bundles.
Exactly... it's a matter of

are those people really going for the upper tier Versus eh, another two bucks for everything.

It's too soon to tell. They might never do this again. It might work differently on some bundles than others (increasing/suppressing BTA).

If anyone cares, the lowest BTA I saw was $6.71. (I hasn't trying too hard.)

Also of note, this bundle only lasts for one week. Nothing else is scheduled to unlock.
Yeah, I was puzzling at that before the BTA+$5 discussion lit up. I don't recall any one week book bundles, I don't pay that much attention to them though.

If anyone cares, the lowest BTA I saw was $6.71. (I hasn't trying too hard.)

Yeah, I was puzzling at that before the BTA+$5 discussion lit up. I don't recall any one week book bundles, I don't pay that much attention to them though.
There was a bundle in the recent past that only ran a week. Was it a book bundle or a main game bundle?

Anyone care to help me out with the Humble Card Game bundle?  If someone didn't get the got the top tier but doesn't want the Dominion expansions or didn't get the top tier but would if someone would pay them for the Dominion expansions hit me up.  My wife enjoyed playing enough that she'd like copies on her account, too, and I'd like to get them a bit cheaper if possible.

It looks like there is a bit of overlap with the previous Transformers bundle. But only if you paid the $15 to get all three tiers. In the previous bundle, "More Than Meets The Eye Vol 1 & 2" as well as "Robots In Disguise Vol 1 & 2" were in the upper tier.

Yep, it's an experiment. And, well... often usually almost always experiments end in a bloody mess.
ftfy

I might actually penny in on this, since the bottom tier is a continuous, lengthy run for a change. The comics bundles that throw the first volume at you and then a randomly selected issue from about two years later were doing horrible things to my neurotic obsessiveness.

This is not sarcasm. Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye is one of the best comics on the stands today. Great characterization. Great humor. Great action. I'm pretty picky when it comes to comics, and I can't recommend the book enough.

It's really not. I am always trying to get people to read "More Than Meets the Eye". It's the best comic I've read in the last 5 years at least.

I know how I sound :) It's very hard to convince people that a licensed comic based on toy robots is that good.

The other books in the bundle are fair to middling.
I recalled somebody being quite enthusiastic about one of the titles in the last Transformer bundle. So I went and tracked those posts down.

As you can see, it is "More Than Meets The Eye " which Trusty raved about. That's the series that is currently in the lowest tier in this bundle. So if Trusty is to be trusted, you can have 37 issues of the best Transformers comic out there for the low, low price of one penny.

Anyone care to help me out with the Humble Card Game bundle? If someone didn't get the got the top tier but doesn't want the Dominion expansions or didn't get the top tier but would if someone would pay them for the Dominion expansions hit me up. My wife enjoyed playing enough that she'd like copies on her account, too, and I'd like to get them a bit cheaper if possible.
I'll message you.

There was a bundle in the recent past that only ran a week. Was it a book bundle or a main game bundle?
One of the "main" Humbles only ran one week (Nordic 2).

It looks like there is a bit of overlap with the previous Transformers bundle. But only if you paid the $15 to get all three tiers. In the previous bundle, "More Than Meets The Eye Vol 1 & 2" as well as "Robots In Disguise Vol 1 & 2" were in the upper tier.
So basically, don't ever buy the $15-tier of a comic franchise bundle that's likely to show up again? Noted.

One of the "main" Humbles only ran one week (Nordic 2).

So basically, don't ever buy the $15-tier of a comic franchise bundle that's likely to show up again? Noted.
A few months back I upped a comic bundle to the top tier. I was grumbling today because I thought it was Transformers, but it wasn't. Now I can't remember what I went all-in on. Doctor Who?

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Monochromatic:

• The Bridge
  • Closure
  • Dominique Pamplemousse
Beat the Average for:

• NaissanceE
  • Betrayer
  • Oquonie
Pay $10 or more for:

• Neverending Nightmares

Easy pass. I'm only missing Dominique Pamplemousse from the $1 tier, and at first glance, that BTA isn't worth more than a couple of dollars to me.

I'm only missing Domunique Pamplemousse (Walking Simulator), NaissanceE, and Oquonie (not even stream).

I regret wasting those minutes min-BTA hunting.

$3.42 so far, may go lower.

Probably $1 in. Really want Neverending Nightmares but not at $10. Cheaper to get the dollar tier and wait for a good sale because the BTA sucks.

Of note is that the DRM-free only game (Oquonie) is Mac-only.

Completely ruins an otherwise solid BTA-tier.

Bummer... I really wanted NaissanceE. Too many repeats to make this worth buying, for me.

Looks like a future BundleStars game anyhow.

I want Dominique Pamplemousse and the nightmare game but a big pass here. Dominique is supposedly only an hour long as well. Can wait for a better bundle. I will instead put that dollar toward more Groupee's music.

Eh, thought I had a dollar left on a prepaid card, but they rejected it when I tried to pay. Oh well, not worth spending any other money on it. 

bread's done
Back