I was in the bathroom and now I have no TV for Thanksgiving. COMCAST SUCKS.

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
WTF? I am so pissed off right now. My cable box (Motorola 6421) completely died for no reason. It is getting no power and just won't come on at all. I had an appointment for today between 1:00 and 3:00 for the service guy to come out to the house and swap the box. The lazy douchebag service guy calls my phone at 3:00 exactly and I just missed it because I was taking a shit like a normal fucking human. He didn't leave a message or anything and literally 5 minutes later I called Comcast (just to be sure it wasn't him) and sure enough they said the guy tried to call, got no answer and canceled my appointment. The CSR on the phone said the notation under my file from the guy was "off-white house, black shutters, red door." He was outside my goddamn house and was too lazy to knock on the door. What a piece of shit. Now I have no TV until at least Friday afternoon. I am so pisssed off right now. This is seriously going to ruin 1/2 my weekend. fuck.

Damn, that sucks.

Cox let's me go to their building to do things like swap out a defective box. (I've done that in the past.) Anything to avoid having to wait for the cable guy to show up is my motto.

[quote name='wubb']Damn, that sucks.

Cox let's me go to their building to do things like swap out a defective box. (I've done that in the past.) Anything to avoid having to wait for the cable guy to show up is my motto.[/quote]

I called to do just that and they are closing at 4 today because of the holiday and they are off tomorrow. I am livid and there's just nothing I can do about it because Comcast is a monopoly.

That is fucking terrible Javeryh... this is like one of the primo-tv-time/I'm not at work for a few days, of the year. Man... get a good DVD series? What do you like, you want some suggestions?

javeryh, you don't take a shit like a normal person. This much we know. :shock:

Though, I can't believe this guy screwed you over like that. When I've had service appointments with my cable provider, they call when they're confirming the appointment, and call when they get there, if no one answers the door.

I'd call and ream them out for a service credit, at least to the two days you'll be out of service, if not more.

Wow, does the topic title have to be so...graphic? It could have easily have been "I have no TV for Thanksgiving and Comcast sucks"

dude are you telling me you don't have any dvd's, Playstation/XB/GC games or anything else too keep you busy? Don't you have a wife to *entertain*? The world is not destroyed if your cable box goes out. Man if I was in your position, I would be making mad love to my wife all day til they fix the cable box lol.

No TV ruins half your weekend? What kind of shitty weekend did you have planned? :lol:[quote name='Roufuss']Wow, does the topic title have to be so...graphic? It could have easily have been "I have no TV for Thanksgiving and Comcast sucks"[/QUOTE] This way we know it's a Javeryh thread without even having to look. :lol:

[quote name='javeryh']WTF? I am so pissed off right now. My cable box (Motorola 6421) completely died for no reason. It is getting no power and just won't come on at all. I had an appointment for today between 1:00 and 3:00 for the service guy to come out to the house and swap the box. The lazy douchebag service guy calls my phone at 3:00 exactly and I just missed it because I was taking a shit like a normal fucking human. He didn't leave a message or anything and literally 5 minutes later I called Comcast (just to be sure it wasn't him) and sure enough they said the guy tried to call, got no answer and canceled my appointment. The CSR on the phone said the notation under my file from the guy was "off-white house, black shutters, red door." He was outside my goddamn house and was too lazy to knock on the door. What a piece of shit. Now I have no TV until at least Friday afternoon. I am so pisssed off right now. This is seriously going to ruin 1/2 my weekend. fuck.[/quote]

THIS is why I switched from Comcast to Dish Network a few years back and never regretted it - because of Javeryh's bowels.

Seriously, any type of service with them sucks. When my mom died, I cancelled her cable and returned the box and closed her account and STILL was billed every month. The first one I ignored, thinking that, since I went there in person, the account closing wasn't through the system yet. The second bill was in the threateningly Past Due tone and then phone calls started. At least that only took one more phone call to straighten out...

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow, does the topic title have to be so...graphic? It could have easily have been "I have no TV for Thanksgiving and Comcast sucks"[/quote]
Fixed for the less-graphically minded.

[quote name='shrike4242']Fixed for the less-graphically minded.[/QUOTE]

Thanks ;)

Espicially since threads can still be seen from the front page.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']No TV ruins half your weekend? What kind of shitty weekend did you have planned? :lol: [/quote]

Well, mainly football tomorrow. I have Veronica Mars Season 2 that I guess I'll watch until I can get this fixed but I am really annoyed. Tomorrow is like the biggest TV day of the year. You eat turkey and then fall asleep in front of the TV hopefully watching the Cowboys lose. Words can't describe how annoyed I am that the shitbag couldn't get his lazy-ass out of the truck and knock on the door. My house is like 10 yards from the street. I am just stunned that this is considered acceptable. I already bitched to Comcast and they are crediting my account for 3 days worth but it's hardly a fair trade-off, IMO.

The most annoying part is that there is really nothing you can do - they've got you by the balls and you just have to put up with it.

I can't bypass the box with the coax cable because the TV hangs on the wall and it would just bee more trouble than it's worth to start trying to mess with all the wires.

[quote name='shrike4242']Fixed for the less-graphically minded.[/quote]

What I find most amusing about you fixing the subject line, Shrike, is that I now have a banner at the top of the page of Peter Griffen's bare ass shooting flames at Brian and Stewie....

[quote name='shrike4242']javeryh, you don't take a shit like a normal person. This much we know. :shock:[/quote]:rofl:

That sucks man, but is it that huge of a deal that it "ruins half of your weekend?"
There has to be something else that you can do.

Time warner (my cable company) calls the house every hour before they come out. Then come out if you never answer the phone and knock on the door.

Its alright run to a store and get some rabbit ears. At least you'll be able to watch football. All shows are running marathons tomorrow. Do you have a neighbor thats gone out of town? I'll fly out we can B&E their home, only for the cable box, and some jewelry. then I'll fly back home. It'll only take the a few hours.

I'm sure Javeryh has plenty of things to keep him busy over the weekend. But the thing is, since it is Thanksgiving, it is probably one of the few days a year where he doesn't have to worry about doing much of anything - am I right? So yes, having no TV sucks. 3 football games on tomorrow, too. So I feel your pain man :cry:. Damn Comcast...

[quote name='guyver2077']cant you just screw the coaxial straight into the tv,., i have comcast and ive done that before[/QUOTE]
that's what i was thinking. you probably won't be able to tune in to premium channels, but you should be able to watch basic cable and the networks.

I think he was waiting for you to go to the bathroom so he could call and you wouldn't answer so he could leave. Conspiracy?

I hope they don't charge you for a "missed" appointment. With Cox if you're not there or anything, they charge you 35 or 50 bucks. But thats total bullshit man

[quote name='javeryh']
I can't bypass the box with the coax cable because the TV hangs on the wall and it would just bee more trouble than it's worth to start trying to mess with all the wires.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty lame.

Comcast is generally terrible about fixing their shit. I'm in the Chicago area and it takes around a week for them to come out and fix anything... they're such worthless, lazy bastards.

This is why I brought my modem from the store and it is worth the $80 knowing that I could still use the same modem with another service and not have to deal with the super high on the cracky service man.

Also you do know they will charge you for service visists. So if anything happens in the area let somebody else pay for the problem and then come knocking at your door.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']This is why I brought my modem from the store and it is worth the $80 knowing that I could still use the same modem with another service and not have to deal with the super high on the cracky service man.

Also you do know they will charge you for service visists. So if anything happens in the area let somebody else pay for the problem and then come knocking at your door.[/quote]

Uh oh. It makes sense

Dude, satellite kicks cable's ass.

Dish Network or Direct TV, both are good. Plus it is all digital, easy to fix yourself. Worst case scenario you have to realign the reciever, which is pretty easy (with Dish Network, don't know about DTV but I assume it is similar).

[quote name='wubb']Damn, that sucks.

Cox let's me go to their building to do things like swap out a defective box. (I've done that in the past.) Anything to avoid having to wait for the cable guy to show up is my motto.[/QUOTE]
OT - Don't you live in VA? All interaction I have had with Cox Comm. here has been shitty. My connection is super slow and everyone I have talked to have been total tools.

Thanks be to god that I live in the middle of no where in Louisiana where I can't even get more than 2 basic cable providers! LMAO

bread's done
Back