Icemat Siberia White Gaming Headset for $10 AR! Amazing deal!

Poop! I just bought the black set for $23 after rebate. Here's hoping that buy.com will drop the price on those so I can get an adjustment :)

Geh, what's with Buy and the cheap headsets? I just got a Steel sound H5V2 last week for 30 shipped AR and GC, then comes this week and it's 10 AR and GC? Dammit!

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']Geh, what's with Buy and the cheap headsets? I just got a Steel sound H5V2 last week for 30 shipped AR and GC, then comes this week and it's 10 AR and GC? Dammit![/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that! The Icemats seem better for me though, I prefer comfort over sound quality.

Yes! I was disappointed for missing the Steel Sound ones earlier this week so this is a nice consolation. Thanks, OP!!!

[quote name='Tom Ato']Bought! How long does Buy's rebates take? The normal 6-8 years?[/QUOTE]

I hear it's around the Coming of the 4 Horse Men, but don't take my word for it.

I'm glad this helps. I actually hear these are better, and plenty of people are trying to cancel their Steel Sound orders to get these.

I've had the black version of these for about a year now--absolutely super set of cans. The suspension system is really really comfortable and you actually forget you are wearing them after awhile.

Great price on these--snap them up quick.

Yea all my gaming friends use these and got em for like 80 dollars from comp usa. If you are into ANY computer gaming, these headphones are worth it. 10 dollars is a great price for them. The only bad thing i hear, is that they are made kind of cheap, so i might pick up 2 pairs :p (if i can use 2 rebates)

Thanks for this deal!

yum yum yum, cant wait to get these. 10 dollars is really the best price possible. These are some of the top gaming headphones!!

Top quality headphones? I think not...

They may be good for the price, but I think I'll stick with my Audio-Technicas.

[quote name='Reikon']Top quality headphones? I think not...

They may be good for the price, but I think I'll stick with my Audio-Technicas.[/quote]

Thanks? This was meant for people to get overly capable sound quality from SUPER comfy headsets, on the cheap.

I could fork out $900 for aviation quality headphones, too.

[quote name='specialk']I'm showing 19.99 AR..am i missing something?[/QUOTE]

You need to use Google Checkout to save another $10.

[quote name='bassec']Thanks? This was meant for people to get overly capable sound quality from SUPER comfy headsets, on the cheap.

I could fork out $900 for aviation quality headphones, too.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I'd rather have an inexpensive but decent set of headphones for when I can't enjoy my surround setup (like when the wife is sleeping).

thanks much for the great deal, my friend has these and he loves them. I've also been looking to replace my broken sennheiser's and you can't beat a good quality headset for 10 bucks.

I just wish google checkout was more firefox friendly, as I had multiple issues when trying to place my order. switched it to IE and it worked fine.

Hmm, seeing how these can unplug from the volume unit and become regular headphones as well I could easily kill two birds with one stone and use them for my PC headset and my music player at work. They seem better than my cheap earbugs that are a size too big that came from my XM Radio unit. Good deal!

Currently Unavailable: This item is currently unavailable from the Manufacturer
Hopefully I got my order in before they ran out, it had said it would ship in 3 to 5 days at the time when I ordered because they were getting another shipment or something. Otherwise I might have to try for the black one, which is running about $13 more.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']Hopefully I got my order in before they ran out, it had said it would ship in 3 to 5 days at the time when I ordered because they were getting another shipment or something. Otherwise I might have to try for the black one, which is running about $13 more.[/quote]

Even the 13 dollars more is still worth it. 23 dollars is a pretty good deal.

Did anyone else receive two emails, one from google and one from buy.com? I got 2 emails with 2 different prices for the headphones.

Yeah. Buy.com doesn't take out the $10 off, so the Buy.com reciept will be $10 higher than Google Checkout. But rest assured, you were charged only the Checkout price.

Exactly what kind of headset is this? I'm not into PC gaming, but is this a high quality headset for use an ipod, or is this primarily for PC Gamers? The price looks cheap enough, but it looks like there's a speaker attached to it...something I wouldn't use.

[quote name='Frank784']Exactly what kind of headset is this? I'm not into PC gaming, but is this a high quality headset for use an ipod, or is this primarily for PC Gamers? The price looks cheap enough, but it looks like there's a speaker attached to it...something I wouldn't use.[/QUOTE]

The thread title "Gaming Headset" didn't clue you in?

There are some reviews for this headset and another one mentioned in the second post of this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112406

the "mic" is a separate unit, so if you want to just use it as headphones, you can. I ordered the Steel Sound 5H USB V2 instead of this though.

[quote name='Frank784']Exactly what kind of headset is this? I'm not into PC gaming, but is this a high quality headset for use an ipod, or is this primarily for PC Gamers? The price looks cheap enough, but it looks like there's a speaker attached to it...something I wouldn't use.[/QUOTE]the "mic" is a separate unit, so if you want to just use it as headphones, you can. I ordered the Steel Sound 5H USB V2 instead of this though. The 5H v2 are supposed to be better in every aspect I think. That is why I got them. Cost a little more though, but it looks a lot better and the mic is magical. Here is their thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112406

OK so this headset that I ordered on Friday still shows "Sent to warehouse" while the Steel Sound 5H headsets that I ordered yesterday have already arrived. I guess they ran out of the Icemat Siberia White because Buy.com now shows "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks"

[quote name='mkg12']the "mic" is a separate unit, so if you want to just use it as headphones, you can. I ordered the Steel Sound 5H USB V2 instead of this though. The 5H v2 are supposed to be better in every aspect I think. That is why I got them. Cost a little more though, but it looks a lot better and the mic is magical. Here is their thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112406[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll pass on this one.

To Cheap Frag: yes I can read. No need to be a jerk about it. Judging by the price and the picture that I saw it looks to be a high quality headset, definitely something than the little buds that come with an ipod. Apparently I would be able to use it for the IPod thanks to the response by mkg.

bread's done
Back