iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blucadet3']"People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains. This overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it."

From an article I'm reading...just throwing it out there...[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Also, someone please post when GL updates their twitter for those of us who can't constantly monitor it.

Thanks!

Hope I helped. it was the first time I had checked it today and it said '2 minutes ago.' The games pretty fun. Seems really easy though

[quote name='nightmare452']Thanks, I hope its still free by 7:00pm when I get home. I don't have access to Twitter here.[/QUOTE]
You don't need access to Twitter, just to the Itunes App store, though you may not have access to that. It's only live for 2 hrs, but if you live in the East US, you might get in on it if you hurry.

Jebus. Hopefully I make it home in time for the Gameloft game. For some reason, I LOVE playing Tennis vidya games.. though I think tennis is for sissy nannies.

Brain App
*** Thanks to your votes on www.freeAppCalendar.com, Brain App is the Featured FREE App of the Day for May 14, 2010! ***

137078.png

Sharpen your mind, bring Brain App to your iPhone / iPod touch.

Brain App uses simple math to help keep your mind sharp. Studies have shown that solving simple math problems in rapid succession increases the blood flow in areas of the brain, this over time allows for faster responses and increased memory recollection ability.

Three Brain Exercises + Multiple Difficulty Settings:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brain-app/id354137078?mt=8

Dang. Just missed the Tennis game. I clicked it when it was still showing up as FREE but then it stopped the download because it was being "modified".

Touch Attack! Games has dropped from .99 to FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/touch-attack-games/id302882858?mt=8).

"In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Touch Attack Games is Free for TODAY only.

-- OpenFeint leaderboards & achievements now integrated --
The most addictive reflex and memory mastery iPhone family game to date! Also plays great on iPad!

"For three games, it’s a steal given the unlockable features and easy-to-learn touch controls." -theappera.com

So, you think you have quick reflexes and a snappy memory? Touch Attack is a collection of mini games that'll test your reflexes and push your memorization skills to the limit. The gameplay is fast paced, the music is rockin', and the replay value and level of customization (via FREE unlockable content) truly set this game apart from any other of its genre.

You'll win in-game tickets that can be traded-in to unlock additional themes, sound effects, music tracks, and last but not least, the third game (Match Attack). Touch Attack! Games lets you unlock everything yourself!"

[quote name='Lukami']Like you could do better[/QUOTE]

Just because someone can't do better doesn't mean the game isn't shit.

I mean, I doubt you could go code a game better than Dark Void right now, but that doesn't mean Dark Void isn't a steaming pile of shit.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Stop being a prick.[/QUOTE]
Which came first, the troll or the prick? In this case, the troll.

Aqua Forest has dropped from $7.99 to FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/aqua-forest/id281893011?mt=8).

"Aqua Forest is the a unique application utilizing "Phyzios Engine"(formerly known as OctaveEngine™ Casual),which is a 2D-based multi-physics engine for casual games. This engine uses a particle-based physics model that has few restrictions. It can calculate almost any type of objects, not only solid materials, but also elastic body, plastic body, fluid, and gas. In the "FREE" mode of the application, you can draw and create various shapes of objects and you can experience the ability of this engine. In the "PUZZLE" mode, with exploiting the touch screen and accelerometer, you will challenge the puzzles designed by "Phyzios Engine that you'd have never seen before. There are 5 categories, and each category has 10 puzzles. Players are able to play any time the latest puzzle that the other users created all over the world."

[quote name='cusoman']Which came first, the troll or the prick? In this case, the troll.[/QUOTE]

I think they both "came" at the same time because people keep giving them attention.

;)

Hey for anyone who's picked up Icarus-X. How are the controls? I just tried the lite of Roswell Fighter and was turned off by the aircraft sticking to your finger control scheme. In space invaders you can touch anywhere and swipe around the screen to control your movement. Is Icarus like that? If so I'll consider picking it up. Also, is it true (I read in a review) that the background stays the same throughout each level? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Wiendog']Hey for anyone who's picked up Icarus-X. How are the controls? I just tried the lite of Roswell Fighter and was turned off by the aircraft sticking to your finger control scheme. In space invaders you can touch anywhere and swipe around the screen to control your movement. Is Icarus like that? If so I'll consider picking it up. Also, is it true (I read in a review) that the background stays the same throughout each level? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Icarus-X has both control modes, relative and absolute. In terms of responsiveness, its much better than Roswell but not as good as Espgaluda.

EDIT: Yes the backgrounds are the same repeating geometry over and over.

Good morning CAGs, here's your Friday freebies update:

Free App a Day has a featured offering that's not really a game, Itouch My Friends (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=14&month=05), along with a definite puzzle platform game called SCRAPS (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=36&month=05).

Great App a Day has Doodle Find for its new title (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/doodle-find/).

The OpenFeint and Free App Calendar games have already been posted (above).

Have a great Friday!

[quote name='Decker']Um, no it hasn't. Not for me anyway.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see Aqua Forest 1 free either, still comes out to 7.99 for me. But the sequel, Aqua Forest 2 is supposed to be free today. There are two version of Aqua Forest 2, and both the Lite and normal version were free this morning when I checked.

i cant believe i missed yesterdays, especially considering i was aware of the fact when it was posted, but i was at work. I called my wife about 25 times to get her download it for me, but of course her iPhone was on silent so she never "got" the call.

My brother said I should have posted a message on facebook. She would have gotten it then lol

is that real tennis anything like virtua tennis?

[quote name='aaronmills']Gameloft hasn't announced their free game of the day yet, but they did give a heads-up on their twitter page that it's coming soon:

"Today's #iPhone #HappyHour will start in a few hours, stay sharp and follow @Gameloft to know the game and exact time!
21 minutes ago via web"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. My only way to check the Gameloft free games is if one of you post it here. So if they post the 2 hours "sale", please post it here, it is greatly appreciated by some including myself.

considering I missed the free.99 sale, I don't see the point. it was more of a consellation to myself if it wasn't as good as virtua tennis then i wouldnt feel so bad about missing the game. it was more geared towards people that knabbed it when it was free to see how decent it was. considering the other games that went free weren't too great, but then again, the real tennis went back to 4.99

bread's done
Back