is $80 for a used GC w/ 2 controllers and 2 memory card good deal??

Ninjamyst

CAG Veteran
I recently bought a used gamecube with 2 nintendo brand controller, 1 nintendo brand memory card, and 1 third party memory card all for $80 shipped to my door. The package is gonna arrive in 2-3 days, and I am wondering if I got screwed over with the deal :roll: ....

I guess the big question is: Would YOU have bought this package???

Yes, very good deal. Grats. As long as the GC works of course. Then I feel you may have not gotten so good a deal.

Bought something close to that 1 controller, 1 memory card, Tiger Woods Golf 2003, and ATV quad power racing 2 and shipped for 75. Now the thing sits there because I lost all urge and desire to play cubivore or any of the games that came with it. Blah damn my impulse buying.

r1s3n

what kind of GCN memory card was it?

I have seen better ones ( at one point Game Informer's Gamestop store had a pre-owned cube and smash bros. for 70) but that is a really good deal

[quote name='r1s3n']Bought something close to that 1 controller, 1 memory card, Tiger Woods Golf 2003, and ATV quad power racing 2 and shipped for 75. Now the thing sits there because I lost all urge and desire to play cubivore or any of the games that came with it. Blah damn my impulse buying.

r1s3n[/quote]
Tiger Woods 2003 for GameCube changed my life. One of the best and most fun games I've ever played.

I got the deal from a trader on gametz.com. It's a great site to trade/sell your used games for new ones or used ones u never got a chance to play. The trader has a very good reputation so I am sure the cube will work. I bought it only to play Naruto 2 since gamecube's game library is kind of weak. Now I have all 3 systems \:D/ . The nintendo memory card is the 251 or something like that....

if it is a 251 card then that is a good deal.

as for titles you should consider purchasing

Resident Evil, Super Smash Bros., Metroid Prime, and F-Zero are all worth it and can be found for really cheap.

I know you did not ask, but since you just got it, I figured I would list some of my favorite games (F-Zero I never got to really play all that much, but it was really good from what I played)

my favs are animal crossing, sonic mege collection (a must) metroid prime, the zelda collection.

if u shop smart u should be able to pick up those 4 titles for around 70-80$

they will keep you busy for a LONG time

I got my GC w/2 controllers for a dollar. Yes $1...I bought it from a girl that didn't want it, she was gonna give it to me, but I said no no no...let me pay. She said ok, give me a dollar...so I bought it. Great deal, huh?

[quote name='rvdrock']I got my GC w/2 controllers for a dollar. Yes $1...I bought it from a girl that didn't want it, she was gonna give it to me, but I said no no no...let me pay. She said ok, give me a dollar...so I bought it. Great deal, huh?[/quote]

Supreme bragging rights there. But if you were a TRUE CAG, you'd have kept your dollar. But then again, a little altruism in this world never hurts.

[quote name='rvdrock']I got my GC w/2 controllers for a dollar. Yes $1...I bought it from a girl that didn't want it, she was gonna give it to me, but I said no no no...let me pay. She said ok, give me a dollar...so I bought it. Great deal, huh?[/quote]

you sure you didn't leave out the part when you knocked her off her bike on her way to her friend's house to play gamecube and threatened to kill her family if she doesn't give you the gamecube? and when you left her a dollar cuz you broke one of the bike's wheel?? :lol: just kidding but that's a hell of a good deal!

i have some gc for trade if your interested, and i posted a deal bout f-zero and metroid $14.99 at Fry's, i also saw a post for f-zero & metroid 1499 at CC. but its all sold out here in so. Cal, so u might have to take the ad to BB and price match it hehe

bread's done
Back