Is there anyway to take advantage of the RE4 misprint in the newest Best Buy ad?

Nicko

CAGiversary!
I just opened up my latest sunday Best Buy ad and noticed a very interesting misprint. On the first inside page of the ad they are advertising all greatest hits, players choice, and platinum hits for 2 for $30. In the middle of this page are pictures of some of the GameCube games that qualify for this deal, and in the top left corner is a picture of what I think is supose to be Resident Evil 0, but is in fact one of Resident Evil 4. Now if this game were already out and they advertised it like this, I am sure I could get them to sell it to me at this price. Unfortunitly it is not. So my question for you all is this; is there anyway I could somehow get the game for this price? Could maybe you pay the game off with one of those reservation cards that the sell for the games? What do you guys think?

Also - I just looked at the latest ad on BestBuy.com and they changed the pic of RE4 to REmake. So if there is some way to take advantage of this misprint, keep your ads!

Nicko

Um... sounds like your really stretching here dude. Perhaps just returning some old jacket to K-Mart and getting your money back would make you feel better? :roll:

I don't really know. Maybe cut the dates out of ad, keep the ad until RE4 comes out, find a stupid employee, and try to take advantage of the deal then.

[quote name='The Don']I don't really know. Maybe cut the dates out of ad, keep the ad until RE4 comes out, find a stupid employee, and try to take advantage of the deal then.[/quote]

The employees cant cut deals with customers, and wouldnt it look suspicious with the dates cut out of the ad. Most people at my BB know the ad pretty well anyway.

[quote name='CappyCobra']"I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul". - Billy Madison[/quote]
:rofl:

There is one surefire method. Wait 12-18 months. At this point the game will become Players Choice and be subject to a future iteration of the same promotion. But you can hold on to the ad until if it makes you feel better.

[quote name='Prof Elvin Gadd']Does Best Buy give rainchecks?[/quote]

They do on certain items. This might be worth a shot. Some items come up as "no raincheck" so it all depends...

Personally.. I don't think you need to take advantage of it at all. If they don't honor THAT price in THAT ad, it's false advertising. Even though it is a misprint, it's in THEIR ad, none the less.

If they still fail to meet your demands, or claims.. I'd take the ad to another store that does price matching. Like, Circuit City, or Gamestop.. they'll match ANY sales ad price. Just take your ad in there, and get it for that price.

Either way.. you should be able to get it for that price.

[quote name='Drkr_Zen']Personally.. I don't think you need to take advantage of it at all. If they don't honor THAT price in THAT ad, it's false advertising. Even though it is a misprint, it's in THEIR ad, none the less.

If they still fail to meet your demands, or claims.. I'd take the ad to another store that does price matching. Like, Circuit City, or Gamestop.. they'll match ANY sales ad price. Just take your ad in there, and get it for that price.

Either way.. you should be able to get it for that price.[/quote]

Welcome to completelymissedthepoint.com/drkr_zen.html

It probably will work, i've gotten many things with misprinted ads.

Good the bad and the ugly 2 disc for 7.50
and Texas chainsaw massacre 2 disc remake plus the original special edition for 20 bucks (it was 39.99 on release)

so maybe.

I'd try it.

was wondering the exact thing... i'll wait and see if anyone has success pulling this off...
i also have no interest going to best buy today on the weekend before xmas.

i don't see fine print, and this error borders on egregious... someone with some time to kill has got to try at the very least.

[quote name='Drkr_Zen']Personally.. I don't think you need to take advantage of it at all. If they don't honor THAT price in THAT ad, it's false advertising. Even though it is a misprint, it's in THEIR ad, none the less.

Gamestop PMing? What world did this happen in? :lol:

In small font the ad says the games have to be $19.99 regularly. Plus its only goo for this week, so there is no way to get RE 4 in that deal. :(

Im sure that they have a disclaimer in the ad that says that BB is not responsible for any mistakes and the prices can change at any time.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I might work if the game was actually out.[/quote]
EXACTLY... Folks the game doesn't even hit the shelves until 01/11/05. :roll:

[quote name='Kain Vincent'][quote name='dwsscs']Why would you want to take advantage of poor BB?[/quote]

Waits for a post stating how BB is evil. :roll:[/quote]

Don't put words in my mouth.

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='Kain Vincent'][quote name='dwsscs']Why would you want to take advantage of poor BB?[/quote]

Waits for a post stating how BB is evil. :roll:[/quote]

Don't put words in my mouth.[/quote]

I'm not going to. I was just stating my observation based on topics like this. Sorry if you took it that way.

Come on guys, this is just stupid... you're trying to get someone to price match an obvious misprint on a game that hasn't even been released yet. Most retailers don't price match "special promotions" like 2 for whatever price deals anyway so I'd LOVE to see someone try to swing this one. I'm normally not one to post such cynical rants but this just goes beyond common sense.

[quote name='joeposh']Come on guys, this is just stupid... you're trying to get someone to price match an obvious misprint on a game that hasn't even been released yet. Most retailers don't price match "special promotions" like 2 for whatever price deals anyway so I'd LOVE to see someone try to swing this one. I'm normally not one to post such cynical rants but this just goes beyond common sense.[/quote]
I agree

But by all means if you have the time give it a shot. But dont get your hopes up :p

it was listed in th eprinted ad as being a players choice? I have heard of gamers goin into get rainchex on this item. anyone on here confirm this cause the online ad shows the original RESEVIL

I know someone who got a raincheck for RE4 from his local best buy. I didn't believe him, but then he showed it to me and I was shocked. I wish I had tried to get one.

[quote name='Prof Elvin Gadd']I know someone who got a raincheck for RE4 from his local best buy. I didn't believe him, but then he showed it to me and I was shocked. I wish I had tried to get one.[/quote]

I find this hard to believe because they know it is a misprint (as evidenced by the sign in the GameCube section saying it is, and that RE Remake is the correct game). Besides, they can't give a raincheck on one game since the sale was part of a two game package (2 for $30).

Well then again, BB does have plenty of rather unintelligent employees working for them...

bread's done
Back