Izuna 2: and Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard 20 Little update

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71633

feel free to blend this in to the other eb price drop thread for some freaking reason i cant find it

Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71071

Walking out door will add links later

MLB 08: The Show psp 18 used

Legend of Heroes III - Used 18 used

Legend of Heroes 2: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch 13 used

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga ds 18 used

Toy Shop ds 17 used.... Come on eb drop this to 6 fun little game

Now hopefully they have a 25% off coupon friday. Love to grab MLB 2008 PSP for 12.50 used not really worth 16.20 to upgrade

Last edited by a moderator:
grr can't order EO2 online... wth.

oh well, maybe Amazon, my fav retailer will drop and I'll order from there instead. Seen this last night too.

[quote name='xycury']oh well, maybe Amazon, my fav retailer will drop and I'll order from there instead. Seen this last night too.[/quote]If you're willing to deal with Amazon Marketplace sellers, you can get a new copy of Izuna 2 for like $13 shipped. Lots of super cheap copies of that game floating around for some reason.

must resist... have no money... and huge backlog of ds games... not to mention not owning part 1 of either title... yet...

I really wanted to like EO, but I just can't get into this type of Rougelike. I mean, I really love games like Azure Dreams, Chocobos Dungeon, etc., but there are features in EO that are just plan not fun. I don't WANT to have to draw maps of the damn floors, or spend hours leveling up to stand a chance against a boss. I'm not a kid, so I don't have time for that crap anymore, and I didn't like doing that stuff when I was a kid either!

I spent 3 months playing EO1.... and beat the main boss, but the optional boss just destroyed me. Not fun to reroll characters and spend days to grind levels. I am done with this series, they are good games if you have alot of patience and time.

Izuna 1 got a lot of criticism, and I want everyone to know that Izuna 2 has improved in litterally every way. Better graphics, tons of charactrs, more weapon choices, more towns, more plot, more dungeons, more enemies...if you like roguelikes at all, it is WELL worth $20.

[quote name='EXStrike']EO isn't a roguelike.[/quote]

Alright, it would be more correct to call it a Dungeon Crawler. Either way, my opinion stands.

Wow...I'm surprised at the quick price drops for both games, especially Izuna 2. If you like roguelikes, Izuna 2 is a fun pickup for $20 as it's not as punishing at typical roguelikes (you keep your level if you die which is really nice). I'm not surprised a lot of copies of Izuna 2 are floating around due to people probably buying a copy at GS and Amazon to get both pre-order posters (like me). I traded in my second copy to GS towards my P4 reserve.

Also...Summon Night: Twin Age is a $20 new at GS. Totally worth the price for a easy to pick-up, fun, short (like 14-15 hours) RPG. The touch screen implementation was done very well.

I wonder why GS has these price drops on Atlus DS titles, but other retailers, like Amazon don't (example: Rondo of Swords). Is GS just trying to clear inventory because they aren't selling anymore?

I think I'll pick up Etrian Odyssey II and Summon Night. I've heard good things about both games. I was planning on blowing my ds money on the Toys r us buy 2 get 1 free, but these seem like solid games to pick up.

edit: EO is 22.99 at amazon.

The first five or so levels in EO are a b**** but once you get past those, you'll be alright. I did the same thing as paen - beat the first boss but not the second one 0_o. Decided it would take away all the charm and fun and turn it into a grindfest.

EO2 still has yet to be played (because I don't want to do it too soon, and I don't have the time). $20 is steal for either title.

[quote name='kell']Izuna 2 rang up at $29.99 in store about half an hour ago.[/quote]

just called Gamestop Izuna 2 is $19.99 NEW

Izuna was boring and not funny. It's fucking weird, because I just can't even 'see' wapanese laughing at some of this Japanese 'humor' (if you can call it that) but they laugh their asses off. Anywho, thanks, OP.

Thanks for the info, just got EO2 at Gamestop. I'm so glad that their website has mostly reliable tracking - probably the one thing GS is good for.

I asked for a sealed copy (cuz I prefer them, not trying to start THAT discussion) and the manager seriously talked to me for almost 5 minutes about how it doesn't matter, and he loses sales all the time because of it, and there's no difference. I usually don't even go in if I see him working, because he tends to be this way about everything (especially preorders).

But, to save $10, it's worth dealing with that psycho.

[quote name='johnnypark']Thanks for the info, just got EO2 at Gamestop. I'm so glad that their website has mostly reliable tracking - probably the one thing GS is good for.

I asked for a sealed copy (cuz I prefer them, not trying to start THAT discussion) and the manager seriously talked to me for almost 5 minutes about how it doesn't matter, and he loses sales all the time because of it, and there's no difference. I usually don't even go in if I see him working, because he tends to be this way about everything (especially preorders).

But, to save $10, it's worth dealing with that psycho.[/quote]

Stating the obvious = Psycho

Got it.

Cool thanks OP, I have been waiting for EO 2 to drop. I picked up Izuna 2 on ebay for like 12 shipped the other week. Now the hard part... findning a new copy, and yes eb that means sealed.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Stating the obvious = Psycho

Got it.[/QUOTE]

Obviously Psycho is a little much, but if the dude stated it doesn't matter AND he loses sales because of it all the time, that should mean something. Namely, to some people it does matter.
IF EB were willing to have an "open box" price or something, I'd be more willing to buy open box games.

[quote name='SDC']Obviously Psycho is a little much, but if the dude stated it doesn't matter AND he loses sales because of it all the time, that should mean something. Namely, to some people it does matter.
IF EB were willing to have an "open box" price or something, I'd be more willing to buy open box games.[/quote]

You're quite the trusting one. You think this Johnny Park stands around watching how this guy deals with his customers?

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Stating the obvious = Psycho

Got it.[/quote]

Well, this particular issue may not warrant the comment, but every time I've been there when he's working, he's managed to ruin the visit and makes me never want to go back.

Normally, he does the usual preorder questions, and when I say no thanks, he goes on a tangent about how "You'd better not be in here on release day, asking if we have any copies in. Cuz if you are, I'm gonna ask you if you pre-ordered, and if you don't, we don't have any! And then everyone's mad at me for not having any copies in, when $5 down makes sure you have a copy the day it comes out! At any given time, do you think I have at least 5 games reserved? You betcha! If you can afford to drive around to 6 different stores, you can afford to put down $5 to make sure you have a copy, and don't end up complaining to ME."

I swear, it's like that every fucking time. I gave the brief version of his "It's open, but it's just as good as a sealed copy" speech. It wasn't as bad as it normally is, but oh man... dude drives me insane. Just sell me my game, and don't complain to me about how shitty your other customers are every time I go in your store.

[quote name='SDC']Obviously Psycho is a little much, but if the dude stated it doesn't matter AND he loses sales because of it all the time, that should mean something. Namely, to some people it does matter.
IF EB were willing to have an "open box" price or something, I'd be more willing to buy open box games.[/quote]

Yeah, the fact he told me he loses sales all the time over it made it a little ironic. I have a feeling he's half the reason he loses the sale, because he comes on so strong all of the time.

And with that...

/thread-hijack

If you want better Roguelikes, you should avoid Izuna. Instead you should be purchasing Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon. They actually refine gameplay elements for Roguelikes. Improvements like job classes, checkpoints, increase inventory if your purchase a bag, more beneficial traps(like health gain, or decrease hunger)sidequests and no stupid auto save.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Too bad Amazon doesn't have Izuna at this price.[/quote]
Once again, you can get a sealed Izuna for $13 shipped from Marketplace sellers.

Man, fuck this noise. I just ordered Etrian Odyssey 2 off amazon for $23, and bought Izuna 2 used I think for $25 - 30% off. Ah well, time to go get a price correction from EB, and cancel the amazon order...

[quote name='karkyco']Man, fuck this noise. I just ordered Etrian Odyssey 2 off amazon for $23, and bought Izuna 2 used I think for $25 - 30% off. Ah well, time to go get a price correction from EB, and cancel the amazon order...[/quote]

Doesn't getting it for 23 shipped the same as getting it in store with tax?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']If you're willing to deal with Amazon Marketplace sellers, you can get a new copy of Izuna 2 for like $13 shipped. Lots of super cheap copies of that game floating around for some reason.[/quote]

Thanks, I was able to order a new copy of Izuna 2 for $12.97 shipped. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back