J&R Black Friday Blu-Ray Sale - Live Now!

[quote name='Deadpool']Nothing to see here, move along.[/quote]

No offense, Deadpool, but I think there are some pretty damn good deals here, some prices are much cheaper than amazon.

In for (JR price v. Amazon price):
Hustle & Flow (9.99 v. 18.49)
Flags of Our Fathers (9.99 v. 14.99)
Master and Commander (15.99 v. 22.99)
Independence Day (16.99 v. 25.99)
Eastern Promises (15.99 v. 19.99)
+ roughly $1.25 per Blu for shipping
= a pretty good deal

5 Blu-Rays shipped for $75 is generally a pretty solid deal

[quote name='BWOzar']No offense, Deadpool, but I think there are some pretty damn good deals here, some prices are much cheaper than amazon.

In for (JR price v. Amazon price):
Hustle & Flow (9.99 v. 18.49)
Flags of Our Fathers (9.99 v. 14.99)
Master and Commander (15.99 v. 22.99)
Independence Day (16.99 v. 25.99)
Eastern Promises (15.99 v. 19.99)
+ roughly $1.25 per Blu for shipping
= a pretty good deal

5 Blu-Rays shipped for $75 is generally a pretty solid deal[/QUOTE]

You are comparing sale prices with normal Amazon pricing?!?! All of those have been cheaper at one point or another.

[quote name='Deadpool']You are comparing sale prices with normal Amazon pricing?!?! All of those have been cheaper at one point or another.[/QUOTE]

The sale is decent, not mindblowing. But Paramount titles for 9.99, certain Fox titles that have only been 23.99+ in the past, along with Mummy 3 for 16.99 is not a bad deal.

[quote name='Ruined']The sale is decent, not mindblowing. But Paramount titles for 9.99, certain Fox titles that have only been 23.99+ in the past, along with Mummy 3 for 16.99 is not a bad deal.[/quote]

Exactly.

if shipping were free then we would have somewhat decent deals... otherwise pretty blah.

edit- maybe im just spoiled..hoping amazon has some nice deals

Last edited by a moderator:
If you buy multiple discs, the shipping charges stay pretty flat up to about 5-6 discs. Last time I bought movies from JR.com, I bought six at once and the shipping charge was about $1.50 or so per disc, which was bearable.

Single purchases, yeah, that can be a little painful, compared to other sites.

[quote name='joeyatog']$15.99 is a good price for Sunshine. That is a title I rarely see on sale. There are some decent picks here, thanx OP.[/quote]
yeah I was tempted by that too but amazon has it for17.xx

[quote name='joeyatog']$15.99 is a good price for Sunshine. That is a title I rarely see on sale. There are some decent picks here, thanx OP.[/quote]
yeah I was tempted by that too but amazon has it for17.xx
[quote name='Ruined']The sale is decent, not mindblowing. But Paramount titles for 9.99, certain Fox titles that have only been 23.99+ in the past, along with Mummy 3 for 16.99 is not a bad deal.[/quote]
really!!!!!!!! the mummy 3 that comes out dec. 16th....check again bro

It says if you use google checkout you get $5 off, but when I get up to the purchase screen it doesn't show my $5 off (which would make shipping free for me).

[quote name='shadowkast']really!!!!!!!! the mummy 3 that comes out dec. 16th....check again bro[/QUOTE]

Yes really, it was pulled off the sale a couple of days ago. Still in my order though for 16.99.

bread's done
Back