June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up grabbing Resistance and Deadliest Warrior on 360 for around 20 bucks, not a bad deal. now I just have to finish Resistance 1 and 2 from my backlog :/

Picked up DA 2 today and while I was there I had them ring up the CE for Soul Caliber, the coupon works just fine with no override. No interest in it so I didn't buy it but we rang it through all the way to total so it works and confirmed no override needed.

Damn... I been to 4 different BB stores, and none had DA2 for PS3. Boo.

Other than that, I've made great use of the Deadliest Warrior coupon! Not a bad game for $10.

[quote name='Enuf']Oh, ok but even still getting the game for "free" is gonna negatively red flag & that's enough for them to give you the correct refusal.

Not for you but for those not familiar with other @gamer OP's
icon8.gif
Coupons DO NO STACK with PRICE MATCHES, "PACKAGE" deals (buy 2 get 1, etc), other coupons on the same title or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)[/QUOTE] not trying to start a debate or anything but we did get fairytale fights and 1-2 others free at one point... just had to buy some other stuff and cross your fingers

[quote name='shadowkast']not trying to start a debate or anything but we did get fairytale fights and 1-2 others free at one point... just had to buy some other stuff and cross your fingers[/QUOTE]
You bought other stuff with the free games?:lol: I was just like 'these coupons were up on the Gamer's Club site and you have them on sale for less than the discount the coupon is gonna give me, so that means they'll be free, right?'.

The cashiers were absolutely amazed when they hit total and the total was $.00 and the receipt just printed out.:rofl:

[quote name='Enuf']Unfortunately, no BB doesn't seem to have alot of love for the PC gamers but I believe a person with the same issue is making a post on the BB ideax thread so people can vote to get more pc deals.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how a retailer can expect to complete with the ridiculous prices from Steam, Amazon PCDD, and GreenMan for direct downloads. Aftermarket for PC games is weak and there's no real value in going with physical media. Staying out of the PC deal space makes good business sense.

Got R3 and DA2, both for the third time... I was going to get the 360 version of DA2 but they had tons of them and only one copy for PS3 so I went with that again.

I'm going to price match frys price of deadliest warrior and use the coupon. I'll buy a soda with it so the balance will be a positive balance after the coupon is used. I know my people won't let me down !!!! If I can't do it I'll just hold the coupon for the time being

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'm going to price match frys price of deadliest warrior and use the coupon. I'll buy a soda with it so the balance will be a positive balance after the coupon is used. I know my people won't let me down !!!! If I can't do it I'll just hold the coupon for the time being[/QUOTE]

You can try and do it for SSX at the same time. On sale at Fry's for $29.99. Two games for the price of a soda :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'm going to price match frys price of deadliest warrior and use the coupon. I'll buy a soda with it so the balance will be a positive balance after the coupon is used. I know my people won't let me down !!!! If I can't do it I'll just hold the coupon for the time being[/QUOTE]
We can PM frys in NYC? I didn't even know we had one...

[quote name='@FIF']I don't see how a retailer can expect to complete with the ridiculous prices from Steam, Amazon PCDD, and GreenMan for direct downloads. Aftermarket for PC games is weak and there's no real value in going with physical media. Staying out of the PC deal space makes good business sense.[/QUOTE]They sell a good amount of PC games but for whatever reason they aren't focusing on adding them to the gamers club deals

Took me one full minute to figure out how to edit the title, am such a noob, will be updating throughout the month

[quote name='mgorsi']Took me one full minute to figure out how to edit the title, am such a noob, will be updating throughout the month[/QUOTE]don't worry with the way BB's been going you'll be changing plenty LOL. The wiki will get others to help but the title keeps people from making threads about single games like the R3 one. Then people ask the same ? in 3-4 threads which confuses everyone including the person asking the ? LOL

[quote name='Enuf']They sell a good amount of PC games but for whatever reason they aren't focusing on adding them to the gamers club deals[/QUOTE]
It really annoys me because as a PC gamer I would of easily grabbed Borderlands 2, maybe Dishonored, and maybe 1-2 more games but because they don't include PC games they really don't give me an incentive to shop at BB sadly.

On the other hand, grabbed Soul Cailbur V and Resistance 3 today. Hopefully my Wii-PS3 stick adapter comes in tomorrow so I can rock out some Soul Calibur V.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It really annoys me because as a PC gamer I would of easily grabbed Borderlands 2, maybe Dishonored, and maybe 1-2 more games but because they don't include PC games they really don't give me an incentive to shop at BB sadly.

On the other hand, grabbed Soul Cailbur V and Resistance 3 today. Hopefully my Wii-PS3 stick adapter comes in tomorrow so I can rock out some Soul Calibur V.[/QUOTE]Gonna make the "show some PC love" Ideax thread for you guys right now. will link shortly

ask and ye shall receive post here to get more couppns for PC gamers
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Past-Due-Show-Love-for-PC-Gamers/idi-p/528964

[quote name='jiggyteddy']We can PM frys in NYC? I didn't even know we had one...[/QUOTE]

Acually we can't but I know someone that will do it for me. If I'm sucessfull I'll do the frys match for sad as well lol

So can I buy the magazine and then immediately use the coupon for SCV?
So that amounts to 25+tax which is my price point for this game.

[quote name='glemtvapen']So can I buy the magazine and then immediately use the coupon for SCV?
So that amounts to 25+tax which is my price point for this game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, just tell the cashier thats what your doing (They'll even take out the coupon for you)...I'm bad a ripping them out

[quote name='Tdog987']Yes, just tell the cashier thats what your doing (They'll even take out the coupon for you)...I'm bad a ripping them out[/QUOTE]

So they suppose to take the coupon FTP
You? Because she just scanned my coupOn from the magzine but I still have the coupon does that mean I can use it again? Damn man no copies of dragon age 2 on ps3 what so ever.

How can I check if any store within 50-75 miles from my house has da2 because bestbuy.com would not allow me to search help please

New Orleans area

[quote name='showtimefolks']So they suppose to take the coupon FTP
You? Because she just scanned my coupOn from the magzine but I still have the coupon does that mean I can use it again? Damn man no copies of dragon age 2 on ps3 what so ever.

How can I check if any store within 50-75 miles from my house has da2 because bestbuy.com would not allow me to search help please

New Orleans area[/QUOTE]

I think so.

For PS3...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...geMode=searchmode&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

It isn't that good though. If it says no, then call anyway. I think if the stores inventory gets below a certain number, then on the website it will say its out of stock at that store.

[quote name='shadowkast']not trying to start a debate or anything but we did get fairytale fights and 1-2 others free at one point... just had to buy some other stuff and cross your fingers[/QUOTE]

Yes, but we didn't have to price match it. That would have never flown.

sweetness - best buy has been really hitting the spot lately!

resistance 3 + dragon's age 2 for $15 - $5 in points... seriously how can you go wrong. ;)

i was even told by the guy in video games that resident evil will be on sale on sunday for $18 as deal of the day! i mean wow, bravo - :applause:

Well looks like I'm probably going to be I didn't get it again today club AGAIN. I think I'm just going to give up and make a trip to do my trades. Hopefully the guys will scan an in store copy and let me get the deals while I can. Hopefully its E3 that jacked up the delivery this month and this won't be my regular thing

[quote name='NINJA V']i was even told by the guy in video games that resident evil will be on sale on sunday for $18 as deal of the day! i mean wow, bravo - :applause:[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil Revelations? 5? Operation Raccoon City?

Sorta interested in RE: ORC, but after asking 2 RL friends who have it if they'd want to run through the campaign, neither was interested. "Not even for the achievements bro."

:(

[quote name='gravel']I signed up right at the end of May(5/27). What are the odds that I will actually get the June issue, or should I try to go in-store to see if they will give me one there?[/QUOTE]

Well I signed up on April 17, I believe, and got my first issue yesterday (it was the June issue, never got May). So I wouldn't count on you getting your mag in time. From what I've heard you should be able to get them to give it to you in store if you explain it, but it could be YMMV.

SSX is $29.99 at Frys. One can bring in the ad, price match and use the coupon and get it for $9.99. Would this work? Anyone tried a price match?

[quote name='Zygote']SSX is $29.99 at Frys. One can bring in the ad, price match and use the coupon and get it for $9.99. Would this work? Anyone tried a price match?[/QUOTE]

That definitely wouldn't work, since it's a $30 off coupon.

Per discussion here, Best Buy isn't supposed to let you combine a price match and coupon together. I guess it's always possibly you get an extremely nice (or oblivious) manager to override it for you. But definitely YMMV.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Resident Evil Revelations? 5? Operation Raccoon City?[/QUOTE]

sorry didn't realise there were a trillion different ones -
raccoon city

I have a question about getting a subscription. If I go in-store and buy gamers club unlocked, is there anything I have to do to get my copy of the magazine in store?

[quote name='alex12353']I have a question about getting a subscription. If I go in-store and buy gamers club unlocked, is there anything I have to do to get my copy of the magazine in store?[/QUOTE]

Hmm... try asking.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Hmm... try asking.[/QUOTE]
LOL. Yes, this should now be SOP response to people who don't read the OP.

[quote name='alex12353']I have a question about getting a subscription. If I go in-store and buy gamers club unlocked, is there anything I have to do to get my copy of the magazine in store?[/QUOTE] they made me do sexual favors but I later learned there is actually just a stack of them I could have walked over to

If you wanna try your luck at the double dipping I just saw deadliest warrior for 360 priced at 19.99 at gamestop. The website doesn't show that price but in the store the 19.99 price tag is there on the sticker. I took a pic of it and said "what the heck ip give it a shot".

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Hmm... try asking.[/QUOTE]

Lmao this needs to be in the op of the gamestop trade in thread as people are so lazy to call the store for the values. Just change it to "try calling"

Thanks for the post guys!
I just got my copy of resistance 3 for 10$.
i just walked in and grabbed the mag and ripped out the coupon. no one said anything to me i just acted like i dint know i had to pay for the magazine. I went in line used the coupon and BAM! res3 for 10$ thanks CAG's!
and thanks best buy employees in NYC for not giving a @#$%!

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']Thanks for the post guys!
i just walked in and grabbed the mag and ripped out the coupon. no one said anything to me i just acted like i dint know i had to pay for the magazine. I went in line used the coupon and BAM! res3 for 10$ thanks CAG's!
and thanks best buy employees in NYC for not giving a @#$%![/QUOTE]

Oh, so we're turning into Slickdeals and talking about theft now? Pretty ballsy for your first post here, friendo.

[quote name='6er']Well looks like I'm probably going to be I didn't get it again today club AGAIN. I think I'm just going to give up and make a trip to do my trades. Hopefully the guys will scan an in store copy and let me get the deals while I can. Hopefully its E3 that jacked up the delivery this month and this won't be my regular thing[/QUOTE]

I just came back from my BB and he did it no problem for me. Just let the game person know you're unlocked and that your mag hasn't come yet and I bet they'll help you out.

[quote name='Byakurai']Oh, so we're turning into Slickdeals and talking about theft now? Pretty ballsy for your first post here, friendo.[/QUOTE]
ballsy? not really. i did it right infront of a sales clerk. its their own fault for not letting me know i wasn't allowed. not to mention the magazines are on a table in the middle of the game section unattended.

but thanks for your concern :)

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']ballsy? not really. i did it right infront of a sales clerk. its their own fault for not letting me know i wasn't allowed. not to mention the magazines are on a table in the middle of the game section unattended.

but thanks for your concern :)[/QUOTE]

Dude i dont care what you do really but just subscribe or buy the mag. $5 isnt worth the theft and the sub has paid itself off within the 1st month that I subscribed (last Oct).

Me personally am gonna grab R3 and DA2 with the coupon. My BB lets me get one of each system so Ill grab DA2 on 360 and PS3 then sell them to cancel out my costs.

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']ballsy? not really. i did it right infront of a sales clerk. its their own fault for not letting me know i wasn't allowed. not to mention the magazines are on a table in the middle of the game section unattended.

Unattended? They're fucking magazines. Should they have a swat team guarding them 24/7?

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']Thanks for the post guys!
and thanks best buy employees in NYC for not giving a @#$%![/QUOTE]

Good job on stealing. idiot.

Why does it matter if the clerk didn't tell you it wasn't allowed and the magazines were left unattended (you can argue everything in the store is left unattended) if you knew it was wrong (illegal?) to remove the coupon without purchasing it?

bread's done
Back