KB Toys Markdown.....

DashDangers

CAG Veteran
I apologize if this has already been posted in another thread, but I just came from my local KB Toys and they has just marked down a bunch of games. If I remember correctly, they were:

(All of the following are $4.99!)

PS2-

Midway Arcade Tresasures 2
Enter the Matrix
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Aresenal
Harry Potter: Quidditch Cup

GC-

Legends of Wrestling 2

XB-

Hitman: Contracts

Just a heads-up for all my fellow CAG's!!

i am sorry, whoever does the extra $5 deal is crazy, since u can pretty much always get $10 per game with other trade in deals at EB, u can always change credit if u are smart...

[quote name='uzumaki_star']The ones that aren't on the POX list will probably trade at EB during their current promotion (Get an Extra 5 bucks per game) for just about this price or just over it by few bucks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sulmona']i am sorry, whoever does the extra $5 deal is crazy, since u can pretty much always get $10 per game with other trade in deals at EB, u can always change credit if u are smart...[/QUOTE]

What's really neat is the NBA Live 2006 (GC) preorder.

You can trade in 5 games for the preorder, but the price on the game is only $39.99.

So, you end up with $10.01 left over! If the game had a $1 trade in value, you're getting an extra $9! The downside is that you have a NBA Live 2006 game.

:cry:

called mine and didn't have either Ratchet & Clank or Sly 2. either somebody bought 'em or they don't have them. My KB is really small in the mall and the games are no the wall behind the register, lol.

I really want Sly 2, but I played it once and couldn't figure out how to change the horizontal camera inversion. Is the game supposed to play intverted along that axis? I hate inverted-axis games!

[quote name='xfilekr']called mine and didn't have either Ratchet & Clank or Sly 2. either somebody bought 'em or they don't have them. My KB is really small in the mall and the games are no the wall behind the register, lol.[/QUOTE]

You don't live in DE do you because I just had the same experience.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Just picked up a sly 2 and a R&C: UYA for $10 total. Thanks OP!!![/QUOTE]

Congrats on your find! Which store, and did they have any R&C left? I thought you could save me a trip out if there's nothing left for me!

I checked the one in Fort Wayne. There were some games behind the counter with orange stickers, but I didn't see anything good. I also checked the copy of Otogi they have there. It's still $40. I wonder when they're going to lower that. It's kind of funny since I picke up Otogi 2 for $10 at BB.

[quote name='bluekeith75']Just got back from chapel hill, ohio, I got R&C and sly 2. Thanks op!!![/QUOTE]
Ha, and there is the closest KB to me. Which is to say its too far.

[quote name='DJSteel']? "mistake by lake" has 0 KB's??? go to Pittsburgh...[/QUOTE]
Heh, Akron is a bit closer than that nasty little city ;) (actually I've only been to the area around Carnegie-Mellon and its hideous there, I'm sure the rest is lovely, so don't flame... and I dont' think Cleveland is great either so you won't be able to win). Looks like almost all the KBs are in Cincy and Dayton.

[quote name='erehwon']I also checked the copy of Otogi they have there. It's still $40. I wonder when they're going to lower that. It's kind of funny since I picke up Otogi 2 for $10 at BB.[/QUOTE]

Otogi 1 was $15 at the K.B. Toys winter clearance sale two years ago. I wasn't aware that the asking price had gone back up since then. :cry:

[quote name='botticus']Heh, Akron is a bit closer than that nasty little city ;) (actually I've only been to the area around Carnegie-Mellon and its hideous there, I'm sure the rest is lovely, so don't flame... and I dont' think Cleveland is great either so you won't be able to win). Looks like almost all the KBs are in Cincy and Dayton.[/QUOTE]

if I could I would give you positive rep... lmao...

The KBs around me in Maryland have such limited stock and supply, that there was nothing to even sift through. They had Crystal Chronicles but I knew that I wouldn't play it until I could buy for $5 again sometime in the future.

Picked up
Sly 2 (ps2)
Eternal Darkness (gc)
Wave Race (gc)
Viewtiful Joe 2 (gc)
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus (gc)

All were 5 dollars a piece

[quote name='geepgal']Congrats on your find! Which store, and did they have any R&C left? I thought you could save me a trip out if there's nothing left for me![/QUOTE]

It was the KoP mall, and were last copies for each. THey had Matrix, and Treasure Planet though. Those were left.

[quote name='TheKindred']Picked up
Sly 2 (ps2)
Eternal Darkness (gc)
Wave Race (gc)
Viewtiful Joe 2 (gc)
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus (gc)

All were 5 dollars a piece[/QUOTE]

That batch is a great find.

Picked up myself so far...:

Enter the Matrix PS2 (Non-GH)
Dragonball Z: Budokai PS2 (GH)
Hitman Contracts PS2 (Non-GH)
Spawn XB (Non-GH)

For some reason, the KB Toys guy said R&C: UYA is $19.99. He said that they marked down Sly 2 to $4.99 yesterday, but sold them all yesterday... so I'm positive now that the games on that list differ from store to store as he said. I called yesterday and the dumb bitch that answered the phone said they hadn't had Sly 2 in stock for a long time, and the guy today said he sold them all yesterday. What a fucking dumb bitch.

picked up Ratchet and Clank, Sly 2 and the Matrix at my local kbtoys. I think the employee had set them aside for himself(the stack was hidden under stuff on the counter). He seemed pissed that I noticed them, pissed that I knew about the sale, and super pissed that I picked out the last Sly 2 and Ratchet and clank.

I would have liked a copy of MAT 2 but both copies were disk and manual only.

thanks OP!

Man, if someone can get my a copy of R&C: UYA, Sly 2, or REmake for GC, I would GREATLY appreciate it! :D

[quote name='aoLat']Man, if someone can get my a copy of R&C: UYA, Sly 2, or REmake for GC, I would GREATLY appreciate it! :D[/QUOTE]
Same here on R&C: UYA and Sly 2 (Non- GH of course on both).

[quote name='aoLat']For some reason, the KB Toys guy said R&C: UYA is $19.99. He said that they marked down Sly 2 to $4.99 yesterday, but sold them all yesterday... so I'm positive now that the games on that list differ from store to store as he said. I called yesterday and the dumb bitch that answered the phone said they hadn't had Sly 2 in stock for a long time, and the guy today said he sold them all yesterday. What a fucking dumb bitch.[/QUOTE]

Calm down, aoLat. That is the reason why there is more than one store so that you can check at different locations.

man...Rachet and sly were both sold out in 2 kb stores... I missed it by an hour...some guy came by and cleaned up everything. :bomb:

[quote name='Maklershed']I got Rachet and Clank, Sly 2, and Enter the Matrix. This sale turned out better than the Best Buy one. Thanks again op.[/QUOTE]

Like really. My best buy had nothing for me. Good thing my KB is almost always empty. :)

Just came back from Buena Park KB. Picked up R&C and Sly2. The employee didnt know about the sale, I had him scan the items and he was shocked.

Forgot to check on RE4.

RE4 isn't $5. REmake is! :D Also, at my KB in Westland, MI, R&C:UYA still rang up at $19.99....which is definitely weird, I'm most likely just unlucky seeing as I got stormed on, on the way home! :mad: Also, Sly 2 was supposedly sold out yesterday, all they had was Hitman: Contracts (XB) and Treasure Planet (PS2) for $4.99. So far this year no sale has worked out for me, except the TRU one. I'm kind of dissapointed and mostly PISSED that I didn't get anything from KB. Also the girl working there just kind of stared at me when I asked her to scan R&C. Idiot...

If Midway Arcade Treasures 1 (xbox) or Paper Mario 2 are 5 bucks, I'll trade Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life for one of them.

Hmmm..looking back at earlier posts RE4 might be $4.99! This is most likely EXTREMELY YMMV though because it is such a great game! :D

my kb had legends of wrestling 2 for $4.99 and the clerk said he had the last sly 2 and for some reason the ratchet and clank had a diff sku then what was on the list so it wasnt coming up right....

on another note they had Terminator 3 redemption for gamecube for $14.99....it annoyed me cause over the weekend i had brought it used with the price of $29.99 from gamestop since i was looking for a nice copy....now i brought this one at kb since it was brand new and i plan on trading the used one back to ebgames along with others since ive seen it there for $39.99 used , does anyone know off hand what the trade-in value is on this one

Checked two KB's and they had none of the games in stock. At least I was able to pick up some bongos at EB while I was at the mall.

[quote name='Jedi1979']my kb had legends of wrestling 2 for $4.99 and the clerk said he had the last sly 2 and for some reason the ratchet and clank had a diff sku then what was on the list so it wasnt coming up right....

on another note they had Terminator 3 redemption for gamecube for $14.99....it annoyed me cause over the weekend i had brought it used with the price of $29.99 from gamestop since i was looking for a nice copy....now i brought this one at kb since it was brand new and i plan on trading the used one back to ebgames along with others since ive seen it there for $39.99 used , does anyone know off hand what the trade-in value is on this one[/QUOTE]

Why dont you just take it back to Gamestop

mainly cause i got the game during the buy 2 get 1 free promotion so i dont know how that works out with returning one of the games

KB in Manhattan Mall in NYC had a lot of the games, actually stickered $4.99.

I bought: Sly 2, Ratchet & Clank UYA, Hitman Contracts, Midway Treasures 2 (not stickered, I told them to check it and it was $5).

Also saw, marked $4.99: Dragonball: Bu..do..du...kai (whatever), Matrix, Wrestling, ...some racing game.... Harry Potter I think... um.

The lady seemed confused and surprised that I was expecting to find the sale games. "Did someone tell you?" "Uh... I heard about it online." "It's online?" "Yeah, if you know where to look..."

89th/Broadway: Didn't notice any of the sale games, and they didn't know anything about the clearance. 86th st in Brooklyn: I didn't see any of the sale games, because they said an employee had bought a bunch. They didn't know which others were on the list, so I left.

2 of the 3 KBs also had coupons for 20% off any one *toy* Thursday-Sunday. Sale items included. May be helpful if you really want to deal with all that. I bought some clearance Transformers. :)

Picked up R&C:UYA and Sly 2 at my local KB, both $4.99. Thanks for the great post OP!

Now I just have to tear myself away from Burnout Revenge and start one of these new games.

If somebody could pick me up Ratchet and Clank: UYA and Sly 2 if you get the chance, I'd pay cost + shipping + a little extra for gas.

Yeah i just called em up, they said they marked them down yesterday and just picked up R&C, but now that i think about it, getting the DBZ and Sly 2 game woulda been a good idea, maybe i'll go back their this weekend and see if they still got em

OK, for CAGs I picked up extra copies of the following :D

Ratchet & Clank: UYA (PH) - Pending "sold"
Sly 2: Band Of Thieves (X 2 - PH) - Both pending "sold"
Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC - NON PC) - Pending "sold"

I don't have PayPal, so if you are in Central NJ (Middlesex Co.), I'll take cash.

The only games I'd take in exchange are the following, which are also part of this sale, so it would be an even swap. Copies must be new & sealed.

Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles (GC)
Wave Race (GC)
Spawn : Armageddon (XBOX)

I'm new to this sale/swapping thingie, so pardon me if I'm leaving anything out :lol: Worst comes to worse, I'll return them or trade them in at GameStop.

My KB is almost always empty too, It;s on route 46 and withen 3 miles theirs a circuit city, Best Buy, toys R us, and a HUGE mall, with another kb toys in it. No real reason to go their unless your REALLY tight on gas.

Still waiting to see if my KB will drop R&C: UYA down to $4.99. It's at $19.99 right now. :( Why must I always be left out?! :'( Sly 2 is sold out, and I didn't get a copy, and no sign of REmake (GC) there... those are the 3 games I wanted. I'm gonna go cry in a corner... :'(

Please everyone in our threads...stop running your yaps to the sales people. Stop acting like you are some genius or you have some corporate insight. Just thank them for ringing you up and leave. Remember First Rule of Fight Club.

I only found one good game at my store, but it was the one I was most interested in - R&C UYA. So I'm happy, thanks OP! Just in case anyone else cares, the Exton, PA store did have two games left: Enter the Matrix (PS2) and DragonBallZ: Budokai (PS2).

bread's done
Back