(Keep Refreshing?) Wii In Stock Now At Amazon.com (No Tax and Ships Free)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Whoever posted and said they were hoping they'd get it early because the dates say "X through X" forget it. I was able to preorder one on the very first batch of preorders and mine still says

If that was true my package is missing! lol[/QUOTE]

If you switch around your shipping and then revert back to your original choice, you might see an updated shipping estimate.

Damit! Getting on this deal is freakin' impossible. To think I was actually not doing anything when this deal broke. Gahhh..

It's not like I anticipate Wii being hard to find. I just don't want to pay shipping and tax. :)

[quote name='Santurio']Good luck to all of us. I still have one ordered from September and I don't think I'll get it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon posted a note on the Wii page (it's kind of buried now, look for the main post from "Jon" from Amazon) that they do plan to honor those pre-orders.

Of course, they can say whatever, but I have some amount of faith those weren't considered "glitched"-- you'd think they'd be cancelled by now if they don't intend to honor them.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1[/QUOTE]

where do you see that? Do they put that on their own site? lol

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Whoever posted and said they were hoping they'd get it early because the dates say "X through X" forget it. I was able to preorder one on the very first batch of preorders and mine still says

If that was true my package is missing! lol[/QUOTE]

I just sent email to to customer service to ask about that.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I got in just now, so don't give up guys! Anyone know if the same thing is happening with Zelda:TP? It's still showing out of stock.[/quote]

zelda tp is up for preorder now.

[quote name='Inferno-X']So is it over for now?[/QUOTE]

No one knows. It was never 'officially' started. Someone on the amazon product discussion forum had a theory that kinda makes sense. Back in September when they first 'accidentally' took a bunch of orders, they canceled all quantities higher than 1 in everyone's order, because they were concerned about short supply. Maybe they learned that their supply will be fine, and released these 'in limbo' quantities for availability today in batches. If so, they must have more coming for an 'official' preorder batch.

Amazon.com passes on Wii, PS3 preorders
With days to go before console launches, online megastore says it won't take preorders; may not be able to deliver product until 2007.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Nov 14, 2006 12:36 pm PT

This weekend is shaping up to be a hectic three days for gamers looking to get the newest additions to the next-gen console family. High demand and low supply are causing problems for retailers, with GameStop already admitting that it won't be able to fulfill the PlayStation 3 preorders it has taken.

Seeing the opportunity to avoid a potential nightmare, online retailer Amazon.com has opted to not take preorders for the PS3 and will not take further preorders for the Wii. A forum goer claiming to be a member of Amazon's video game editorial staff broke the news on the products' message boards.

"This was not an easy decision, but we made the decision because we want to ensure that we can fulfill all of the orders that are placed within a reasonable time period," reads the post.

For gamers hoping to get the new consoles in time for Christmas, Amazon cautioned that delivery by the end of 2006 wasn't a guarantee. "We understand your frustration, but we believe it would be extremely irresponsible if we took preorders for product that we may not be able to deliver until 2007."

The news was better for the Wii, though, as Amazon stated that customers who did preorder the Wii online should receive their systems "shortly after" the system's launch date of November 19.

Amazon was not available to confirm or deny the news as of press time.

Thanks for the update, but you do realize that by bumping this old thread you made a lot of people think Amazon was doing Wii preorders...? The title needs to be changed.

[quote name='icruise']Thanks for the update, but you do realize that by bumping this old thread you made a lot of people think Amazon was doing Wii preorders...? The title needs to be changed.[/QUOTE]

Yea seriously. I got excited for a second there. =(

[quote name='gofishn']I hope so, but so many people are buying them up thinking they're going to hit the jackpot on eBay they may be hard to find initially.[/quote]

Ebay's going to be a wash, for sure, but there's always the guaranteed bet of Black Friday that's going to pay off no matter what you're trying to unload. BF parents will buy ANYTHING that's scarce and they'll buy it that morning at your price, in cash. Beat that.

bread's done
Back