Killzone 2 w/$10 Gift Card & $5 off a PSP game w/Resistance Retribution at TRU B&M

gamerchic

CAG Veteran
Hi posted in another thread but I don't think anyone noticed so I figured it's just better to create a new one....

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum but I have a connection at Toys R Us and I know of a couple of deals coming soon, thought I would share.

:ps3: Free $10 Gift Card when you buy Killzone 2 (2/28 to 3/7/08)
:psp: $5 off any PSP game when you buy Resistance Retribution (2/24 to 2/28/08)
:wii: Buy Wii Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop and Get Wii Umbrella Chronicles for $9.99 (2/15 - 2/21)

I'll post some more soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
It works. I asked a guy at the counter about it. He told me he was surprised to see it just pop into the computer today. A few minutes later, I walked out a happy customer with a Killzone 2 and $10 gift card.

i was wondering the EXACT same thing... I'd rather not have gc to TRU, and bestbuy now will pricematch gift card offers. Make sure you print out the instore pricematch policy. I did it several times last november.

Picked up my copy today. One interesting thing was that the gift card can't be used until 6 hours after activation. Guess they don't want you using it on something else right away.

Got the copy I picked up yesterday price matched so now I have a $10 gift card. Was talking to the guy and he said that they only got 4 copies in the other day (and I got the first one). The store had zero pre-orders for the game so they didn't get that many copies.

[quote name='andjuan']Picked up my copy today. One interesting thing was that the gift card can't be used until 6 hours after activation. Guess they don't want you using it on something else right away.[/QUOTE]

I used mine 30 seconds later on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Total haul ran me $72.

If you bring in your receipt TRU will "return and repurchase" it, giving you the $10 gift card. They honor all sales within 2 weeks of purchase date. I did this today to get my $10 gift card, since I bought mine on 2/27. My TRU only got in 4 copies also, all were pre-ordered.

[quote name='ContrabandZ06']If you bring in your receipt TRU will "return and repurchase" it, giving you the $10 gift card. They honor all sales within 2 weeks of purchase date. I did this today to get my $10 gift card, since I bought mine on 2/27. My TRU only got in 4 copies also, all were pre-ordered.[/quote]

I did the exact same thing. bought it yesterday, returned and repurchased it to get the gift card. btw the receipt show TrUS charges $49.99 for the game and $10 for the gift card. Even got some change back when i returned the game b/c the tax was lower on the $49.99.

[quote name='sonix']I did the exact same thing. bought it yesterday, returned and repurchased it to get the gift card. btw the receipt show TrUS charges $49.99 for the game and $10 for the gift card. Even got some change back when i returned the game b/c the tax was lower on the $49.99.[/quote]
Hmm ... I'm wondering if the fact that it becomes $49.99 will impact my trying to use a $10 off $50 purchase (that is not valid on Gift Cards).

[quote name='mrrepoman']Does the buy, use gift card, return second game work?[/quote]

Not straight up....it is going to show you using a GC and they will give that back to you. I am not sure on what a gift receipt will do though.

I might just have to try and bite on this. I was gonna wait to use my 10% off coupon this weekend at BB but this is a better deal.

Both TRUs I went to never heard of the gift card deal for Killzone. They were probably just uninformed as usual.

[quote name='chin78']Both TRUs I went to never heard of the gift card deal for Killzone. They were probably just uninformed as usual.[/QUOTE]
The irony here is that the deal ended on the 7th (four days ago), and so technically it was you who was uninformed.

bread's done
Back