Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh, if we had you order a deus ex augmented for our local store are they holding them for us or do we just have to hope we get it first?

Also I would like to use my $20 coupon from deus ex on either disgaea 4 or ico/shadow of the colossus collection. Will kmart be carrying either of those?

[quote name='ponn01']Hey Josh, if we had you order a deus ex augmented for our local store are they holding them for us or do we just have to hope we get it first?

Also I would like to use my $20 coupon from deus ex on either disgaea 4 or ico/shadow of the colossus collection. Will kmart be carrying either of those?[/QUOTE]Josh has said Kmart won't be carrying Disgaea 4, but they will be carrying Ico & SotC Collection (with a coupon deal planned).

[quote name='ponn01']Hey Josh, if we had you order a deus ex augmented for our local store are they holding them for us or do we just have to hope we get it first?

Also I would like to use my $20 coupon from deus ex on either disgaea 4 or ico/shadow of the colossus collection. Will kmart be carrying either of those?[/QUOTE]

even if they stated they were holding them (which they didn't and they aren't) I wouldn't trust them to hold it for a certain person.

I'd be happy with most of my local kmarts putting them out for sale on release day ;)

[quote name='jer7583']even if they stated they were holding them (which they didn't and they aren't) I wouldn't trust them to hold it for a certain person.

I'd be happy with most of my local kmarts putting them out for sale on release day ;)[/QUOTE]

Sucks about disgaea but I do have it preordered already through NIS store, premium edition and they said they would be giving dlc with orders.

Deus ex augmented on other hand. If I miss a copy of it wondering if 20 coupon worth it for just regular edition. Dont really collect art books, no extra dlc in US augmented, really just wanted soundtrack but I'm sure that will be available somewhere else later I guess.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Most true Deus Ex fans will tell you Deus Ex 2 sucked[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I don't remember it that well. DE and System Shock were quite similar at the time, my memory is playing tricks.

It's not the worst game ever but it's pretty rough.

Apparently the lead on the title was going through a very rough divorce and it was also that studio's first console title, so it feels like it's a little bit limited to run on Xbox.

For a few bucks on a steam sale or bundled with the first game it's worth seeing. The xbox one at the time had some pretty awesome graphics, like chronicles of riddick style shadows.

All I remember about that game though is throwing things at people's heads because you could pick up anything and it all had physics to it in the world.

It would be awesome to find a PSPgo or PSP system at my local Kmarts for about a $100 and get an accessory from the electronics department to bump it up to $100 to get that $10 Shop Rewards Points.

Another awesome for me would be to get a Wii or DSi/DSiXL for $100 and some accessory as well. Definitely need a deal on the Nintendo Wii or DSi/DSiXL.

Might use my $15 coupon on either of those pieces of hardware if a deal were to come up before it expires. Any chances of either happening?

Is Ridge Racer 3DS $30? I'd like to get it today, but Amazon has it for $20. I was going to return Splinter Cell 3D to Target and use the funds to go pick up Ridge Racer.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh has said Kmart won't be carrying Disgaea 4, but they will be carrying Ico & SotC Collection (with a coupon deal planned).[/QUOTE]

Oh man that sux I was just going to request a deal on Disgaea 4... I was thinking now since the graphics look so beautiful it would be a huge seller....

First No More Heroes now Disgaea 4... =(

I wish the gaming coupon effective date would last longer (or just have it as SYW reward points instead), it's hard to keep buying games in such short periods if Kmart is not going to carry games that I actually want to buy... and often with the blockbuster titles other places are offering similar deals or even better, which makes it harder for me to give money to Kmart.

If the bonuses are SYW points at least I can spend it on some other stuff at the store.

[quote name='nflsonic']I thought there was a coupon planned for No More Hereos for the PS3 this week. Has that been taken away?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was waiting for that too but Kmart is not carrying it because it's not a "big enough" title. Amazon has it for $29.99 now w/ DLC bonus and that seems like the best (or the only) deal.

[quote name='Rodster']Is Heavy Rain $19.99 this week? A couple of days ago it was on the first page and now it's not. I was going to stop by Kmart tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It was last night (Saturday). Not sure if it went back up today though.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Yeah, this is very very true. The list of games I was going to get for the 360 seems to be shrinking as I decide to get them for PC instead. But there are some I know I'll end up getting on both for various reasons. Battlefield 3, for instance, will initially be a 360 game solely because almost all my friends play multiplayer games on that system. But I still want it for PC eventually as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I get Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3, it will be on 360 due to the same reasons. I'm leaning towards skipping them or waiting for a good sale this year though. Just too many other things coming out with limited funds to buy a couple more modern military shooters.

I hate to bring up the coupon issue but wondering if anybody has ran into the same issue. I bought a game and tried to return it. I NEVER used the coupon and genuinely lost it. Since the coupons are tied to our SYWR cards now, can't they look up the coupon, see that it hasn't been used and deactivate it. They said they would take the $15 off of my return since I didn't have the coupon. Thought this was unfair as I know it wasn't used but they said that's not the issue and wouldn't look into the coupon. I know people have abused the system but to lose $$$ b/c you lost a piece of paper seems ridiculous (what happens to the people that don't get the coupon or employees throw it out).
Sorry to beat a dead horse.

[quote name='scoary']I hate to bring up the coupon issue but wondering if anybody has ran into the same issue. I bought a game and tried to return it. I NEVER used the coupon and genuinely lost it. Since the coupons are tied to our SYWR cards now, can't they look up the coupon, see that it hasn't been used and deactivate it. They said they would take the $15 off of my return since I didn't have the coupon. Thought this was unfair as I know it wasn't used but they said that's not the issue and wouldn't look into the coupon. I know people have abused the system but to lose $$$ b/c you lost a piece of paper seems ridiculous (what happens to the people that don't get the coupon or employees throw it out).
Sorry to beat a dead horse.[/QUOTE]
Nope, it's not unfair. They did the right thing. If there's a next time I bet you won't lose your coupon.

[quote name='scoary']I hate to bring up the coupon issue but wondering if anybody has ran into the same issue. I bought a game and tried to return it. I NEVER used the coupon and genuinely lost it. Since the coupons are tied to our SYWR cards now, can't they look up the coupon, see that it hasn't been used and deactivate it. They said they would take the $15 off of my return since I didn't have the coupon. Thought this was unfair as I know it wasn't used but they said that's not the issue and wouldn't look into the coupon. I know people have abused the system but to lose $$$ b/c you lost a piece of paper seems ridiculous (what happens to the people that don't get the coupon or employees throw it out).

Couldn't you have printed the online version provided to you when you make the purchase? That should deactivate it well right? Never done this, but someone else may have and can speak to it.

How is that ridiculous? Take responsibility for your actions. Would you go to the bank and whine that you lost a $20 bill? You should be treating these coupons like money.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']It would be awesome to find a PSPgo or PSP system at my local Kmarts for about a $100 and get an accessory from the electronics department to bump it up to $100 to get that $10 Shop Rewards Points.

Another awesome for me would be to get a Wii or DSi/DSiXL for $100 and some accessory as well. Definitely need a deal on the Nintendo Wii or DSi/DSiXL.

Might use my $15 coupon on either of those pieces of hardware if a deal were to come up before it expires. Any chances of either happening?[/QUOTE]

The core PSP 2000 system should be $102.xx at Kmart. At least I've seen it priced that way at 2 or 3 different Kmart's so I assumed it was national but you never know.

I know that the 2000 system is what the GOW Chains of Olympus model is. I don't mess with firmware on any of my systems so I don't know where the 2000 model ranks as far as that goes

[quote name='namehtmas']Does KMart not carry Pacman and Galaga Dimensions?[/QUOTE]

They will be, but they were unable to secure it in time for the release date. I wouldn't count on it appearing before this week's $10 off deals are over, but it's possible it could be in store in time for the BOGO50% off promotion later this month. I'm no authority, though.

Josh,

Is Kmart going to carry Gunstringer which releases for Kinect next month? And if so any deal on it?

Also when will you announce your Madden deal? That's probably the one that will make or break my coupon train :D

Thanks

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How is that ridiculous? Take responsibility for your actions. Would you go to the bank and whine that you lost a $20 bill? You should be treating these coupons like money.[/QUOTE]

Coupons are not equivalent to gift cards. If my receipt says I paid $60 for a game, I fully expect to get $60 back if I return it. Now if Kmart wants to treat these coupons like giftcard promos, then they should ring it up that way on their receipts (i.e. $45 for the game, $15 for the coupon). How the hell is your average consumer supposed to know that the coupon's "value" will be deducted from the refund if the coupon's value isn't stated on the receipt? What other big name retailers do this?

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Coupons are not equivalent to gift cards. If my receipt says I paid $60 for a game, I fully expect to get $60 back if I return it. Now if Kmart wants to treat these coupons like giftcard promos, then they should ring it up that way on their receipts (i.e. $45 for the game, $15 for the coupon). How the hell is your average consumer supposed to know that the coupon's "value" will be deducted from the refund if the coupon's value isn't stated on the receipt? What other big name retailers do this?[/QUOTE]

The problem came because people abused the system and would continue to do so if Kmart did not do this. I'm not positive, but doesn't Best Buy do the same thing when you get a new game that has a gift card deal and try to return the game without the gift card? It sucks to lose the coupon, but as someone else pointed out, those things need to be treated like cash in terms of where you put it because it can be easy to lose.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']The problem came because people abused the system and would continue to do so if Kmart did not do this. I'm not positive, but doesn't Best Buy do the same thing when you get a new game that has a gift card deal and try to return the game without the gift card? It sucks to lose the coupon, but as someone else pointed out, those things need to be treated like cash in terms of where you put it because it can be easy to lose.[/QUOTE]
That's a good way to prevent abuse, but there really should be some mention of it on the receipt so people realize that if they return a game they are getting the game's value- coupon value. Like what's been suggested before, have the receipt show $45 game and $15 coupon, then it would be like other stores that offer giftcards with their purchases.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']The problem came because people abused the system and would continue to do so if Kmart did not do this. I'm not positive, but doesn't Best Buy do the same thing when you get a new game that has a gift card deal and try to return the game without the gift card? It sucks to lose the coupon, but as someone else pointed out, those things need to be treated like cash in terms of where you put it because it can be easy to lose.[/QUOTE]

No i am pretty sure that they adjust the price. So on the receipt it shows: $45 for Game then $15 in GC. Also, they give you a phyiscal GC which is a lot easier to keep and doesn't have a end date on nor restrictions on what items you can use it on.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How is that ridiculous? Take responsibility for your actions. Would you go to the bank and whine that you lost a $20 bill? You should be treating these coupons like money.[/QUOTE]

No people should be treating them like coupons. A $20 bill doesn't magically lose its worth after a few weeks and you can take that $20 bill and purchases something anywhere. With this you have to use it at KMart and have to be buying a certain item (most of the time anyway) which is a coupon like any other coupon...

Still agree people should put them away and take care of them but since this is a program similar to Reward Zone (BB) you should be able to print them off again if you lost it, which would void the other one.

I see what people saying about actual loss of a coupon. Wish there was a way to tie a coupon to a shop rewards card in the event something happens. Coupon doesn't work unless original rewards card is used. I treat mine like actual money and don't keep it in my wallet so the ink won't wear off.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I see what people saying about actual loss of a coupon. Wish there was a way to tie a coupon to a shop rewards card in the event something happens. Coupon doesn't work unless original rewards card is used. I treat mine like actual money and don't keep it in my wallet so the ink won't wear off.[/QUOTE]

Why would Kmart spend the resources to upgrade their system to prevent something that 1) fixes the mistakes by careless people and 2) they kinda wish would happen anyway?

[quote name='confoosious']Why would Kmart spend the resources to upgrade their system to prevent something that 1) fixes the mistakes by careless people and 2) they kinda wish would happen anyway?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. K-Mart would prefer everyone lose their coupons, but it really isn't that difficult to be responsible and maintain a "coupon train" to work it to your advantage.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Exactly. K-Mart would prefer everyone lose their coupons, but it really isn't that difficult to be responsible and maintain a "coupon train" to work it to your advantage.[/QUOTE]

It really isn't. I keep my coupons in a spare wii case. Not that difficult to keep track of.

The coupons that Kmart gives out are the biggest drawback to their promotions. As others have mentioned, it prevents returns which is really silly, even for simple reasons like changing your payment method and other legit returns. I know Kmart is trying to jump into the 2000's with their gaming deals, but their technology on this stuff is still 1990's. You'd think nearly a year later that Josh would have been able to get the gift card stuff settled like he anticipated. I'm sure it's not his fault, but it definitely makes the deals look more like rebates than actual deals. That's why I never go to Kmart for these deals because the price is inevitably lower at another store with a month and you're stuck if you bought it at Kmart. People that claim otherwise just are not responsible consumers. I've been able to get the deals price matched to other stores on occasion when I really wanted something, the beauty of the internet!

You can make the argument that Kmart is not responsible for the coupons, the consumer is, which is true. However, Kmart is providing poor customer service in anticipating the needs of it's customers as clearly that has been a number of issues for some people while others go through an abnormal process just to maintain the coupons.

I know this is like preaching to the zealots, but for the reasonable people who do present the problems I know it's nice to see that others find the Sears Holding chains as archaic as I do.

[quote name='confoosious']It really isn't. I keep my coupons in a spare wii case. Not that difficult to keep track of.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't agree more with all you Kmart fanboys. Even though these coupons have no monetary value they should be treated with great care and respect. I personally keep my sacred Kmart scripts (coupons) on a shrine. I light a candle every night and say 20 hail Josh's before bed and say a prayer to our Kmart overlords that my coupons stay safe and retain there value at my local Kmart electronics section.

Can I get a hail Josh.

[quote name='Bruce LeeRoy']Couldn't agree more with all you Kmart fanboys. Even though these coupons have no monetary value they should be treated with great care and respect. I personally keep my sacred Kmart scripts (coupons) on a shrine. I light a candle every night and say 20 hail Josh's before bed and say a prayer to our Kmart overlords that my coupons stay safe and retain there value at my local Kmart electronics section.

Can I get a hail Josh.[/QUOTE]

Because not being a dumbass and taking care of your coupons (to any store really) that you think are valuable is being a fanboy? Ummm ok.
:roll:

I sent an email off about DE:HR Augmented Edition that was listed in the OP. I plan on buying two copies the morning it is released.

Is there any way to check how many will be at the store...if any? Is there any other advice on how to get CEs at Kmart?

[quote name='horns456']I sent an email off about DE:HR Augmented Edition that was listed in the OP. I plan on buying two copies the morning it is released.

Is there any way to check how many will be at the store...if any? Is there any other advice on how to get CEs at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

stockboy asked awhile back if anyone wanted any augmented editions at their store so he could send to them. he might've sent some to ur store if u didnt. u can also ask him if there are any stores in ur area where he sent them, and he can tell u how many. that's about all u can do tbh

[quote name='confoosious']Because not being a dumbass and taking care of your coupons (to any store really) that you think are valuable is being a fanboy? Ummm ok.
:roll:[/QUOTE]
I'm just busting your balls foos. I actually keep my coupons in a old BB gift card CD syle case similar to your method. Everyone seems to always pile on in this thread, so I figured I'd be a sarcastic ass. I actually find most of your posts rather entertaining if not informative.

[quote name='Bruce LeeRoy']I'm just busting your balls foos. I actually keep my coupons in a old BB gift card CD syle case similar to your method. Everyone seems to always pile on in this thread, so I figured I'd be a sarcastic ass. I actually find most of your posts rather entertaining if not informative.[/QUOTE]

hey now, i'm sometimes informative.

maybe 1 in 20 posts but still...

[quote name='confoosious']It really isn't. I keep my coupons in a spare wii case. Not that difficult to keep track of.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it get difficult to find the Wii case under all that dust?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']stockboy asked awhile back if anyone wanted any augmented editions at their store so he could send to them. he might've sent some to ur store if u didnt. u can also ask him if there are any stores in ur area where he sent them, and he can tell u how many. that's about all u can do tbh[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I emailed him requesting a few copies go to the store near me.

Do you know if you can you check Kmart stock the night before to verify the Augmented edition will arrive the next morning?

Under no circumstances should KMart ever reduce the return price of an item because of a misplaced coupon. While it is the consumer's ability to keep the coupon safe, it is KMart's responsibility to invalidate the coupon. Every other B&M retailer works on a gift card system, and with the exception of TRU, the gift cards have no expiration date and can be used on anything in the store. In this sense, the gift cards are essentially cash to the store.

However, in no case is a coupon ever treated like cash to a store. If I bought an item with a coupon and returned it, there is no way I am getting refunded for that coupon. In the gift card scenario, I would be refunded the very same way I paid. There is no monetary value to these coupons.

Part of this can be blamed for the outdated system that KMart has in place as another post mentioned. While I understand that return fraud was a big problem when the coupons were first introduced, KMart's inability to invalidate coupons should not be burdened by the consumer. I would have fought tooth and nail for that money back if I was in your scenario.

[quote name='Miro']Under no circumstances should KMart ever reduce the return price of an item because of a misplaced coupon. While it is the consumer's ability to keep the coupon safe, it is KMart's responsibility to invalidate the coupon. Every other B&M retailer works on a gift card system, and with the exception of TRU, the gift cards have no expiration date and can be used on anything in the store. In this sense, the gift cards are essentially cash to the store.

However, in no case is a coupon ever treated like cash to a store. If I bought an item with a coupon and returned it, there is no way I am getting refunded for that coupon. In the gift card scenario, I would be refunded the very same way I paid. There is no monetary value to these coupons.

Part of this can be blamed for the outdated system that KMart has in place as another post mentioned. While I understand that return fraud was a big problem when the coupons were first introduced, KMart's inability to invalidate coupons should not be burdened by the consumer. I would have fought tooth and nail for that money back if I was in your scenario.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm surprised that they do take off the amount of the coupon (simply because I didn't think they had systems in place to tell the cashier.) However, if they do, I'm not sure you have a leg to stand on.

You should lose your next coupon, argue what you said above at a store, and see where it gets you. Perhaps videotape it for our amusement.

Props to Miro, he worded it better than I did.

On top of that, I would contact your State Attorney General and inform them of how Kmart is handling it. I believe that if the coupon states that it is worth no monetary value (typically does) then it cannot be discounted on a return other than the value they monetize it (typically $0.001). If they are reducing a value that they deem as having no monetary value, they are breaking the law.

I've had some issues with Kmart within the past week about not honoring marked prices -- not sale prices even, and I've reported them to my State's Attorney General who was very interested in the complaint.

That's why I specifically made a point to mention being a responsible consumer in my previous point. It's one thing to sit and complain about it, but you're just whining unless you report it to the appropriate people.

[quote name='sgaldis']Finally got to take part in the $40/$15 coupon deal on the last day. My trip to K took a good hour, but I was determined to deal with what I knew would most likely be a long, frustrating experience, so I planned my day accordingly (time-wise). One of my closest stores also had a coupon for $5 off of a $50 purchase (good through today), so I decided to go ahead and bump my goal up to $50 to basically save tax. After a good bit of searching through stacks of unlabeled or mis-priced games, and getting a few price checks, I ended up getting 2 sets:

:360:Spyro Dawn of the Dragon
:psp:Castlevania Dracula X
:360:Oblivion GOTY
:ps3: Dirt 2

$56.xx after $5 coupon and tax (plus $15 coupon)

:ps3:NCAA Basketball 10
:ps3:Socom Confrontation w/ Headset
:360:Dirt 2

$54.47 (plus another coupon, of course)

Overall, some real gems, and now I get to go out next week and see what I can blow the coupons on! Being that this promo had no limit, I really wish I could have gotten out a little bit more to hit a few more stores up. This is a great way to add some sealed copies of older and in some cases semi-rare games to my master collection. A lot of the prices on the older clearance games are good already, but when you add in the savings of the coupon being added, it's too good to pass up. I selected the games I purchased from a big group I was considering mainly to try to get as close to the $50 mark as possible, in order to maximize my savings. I definitely could have gotten at least another good set from this same store (I had to leave the last Alan Wake for $10), but they were so busy I honestly didn't have the time before work to go back to electronics, hunt down the CSR again, price check a few other games, etc...Oh well, I have always heard great things about it, but it's the kind of game that can be had pretty regularly for $15-20, so I'm not gonna beat myself up over it.

NCAA 10!? How long had that thing been sitting there? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

NCAA Basketball 10, released in Nov. 09, is the last NCAA Basketball title. After EA/NCAA strong armed 2K out of college basketball games, EA decided to not renew the license because NCAA wanted more money & EA was losing sales to the competition in Nov., when they're contractually obligated to release the game.

FYI the online servers for that game were shut off last week so it can only be played locally now. Also Gamestop sells that game used for $35.

[quote name='Miro']Under no circumstances should KMart ever reduce the return price of an item because of a misplaced coupon. While it is the consumer's ability to keep the coupon safe, it is KMart's responsibility to invalidate the coupon. Every other B&M retailer works on a gift card system, and with the exception of TRU, the gift cards have no expiration date and can be used on anything in the store. In this sense, the gift cards are essentially cash to the store.

Part of this can be blamed for the outdated system that KMart has in place as another post mentioned. While I understand that return fraud was a big problem when the coupons were first introduced, KMart's inability to invalidate coupons should not be burdened by the consumer. I would have fought tooth and nail for that money back if I was in your scenario.[/QUOTE]

If you were to use a manufacturer's coupon (I know that is not the case here) the retailer is OBLIGATED to refund the entire cost including the amount discounted by the coupon because the retailer will be refunded the coupon's value by the manufacturer.

If they didn't refund you that amount the store would be double dipping which is illegal.

The best example of this is $ off coupons from Disney for blu-ray movies. If the movie was $29.99 at a particular store, you used a $10 off coupon and paid $19.99 when you went to return the movie the store would have to refund you $29.99; the purchase price plus the value of the $10 coupon.

[quote name='Bruce LeeRoy']Couldn't agree more with all you Kmart fanboys. Even though these coupons have no monetary value they should be treated with great care and respect. I personally keep my sacred Kmart scripts (coupons) on a shrine. I light a candle every night and say 20 hail Josh's before bed and say a prayer to our Kmart overlords that my coupons stay safe and retain there value at my local Kmart electronics section.

Can I get a hail Josh.[/QUOTE]
I was just struck by lightning, thanks......

It's definitely a tough one that needs to be reviewed on a case by case basis in my opinion. It's all about common sense. If there is evidence of fraud (which is pretty easy to figure out at store level) then I am not against taking action against the consumer. In an honest mistake for a customer that has shown no pretense of abuse then why not give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm specifically talking about the return issue, not replacing a lost coupon etc.

The easiest way to never run into an issue is just to make sure you get your digital copy, solves everything!

The system is actually pretty dynamic compared to the industry though. I'd take our coupon system over a gift card system any day, with that extra little function you mentioned of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back