Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
If I buy Dues Ex will the coupon I receive not expire till Gears comes out? I am trying to get on the coupon train once again.

Edit: Of course, I am assuming Gears will have a coupon.

Deus Ex comes out on the 23rd, meaning the coupon will be active on the 28th. 45 days from there will put us into mid-October, so it'll work for GoW3.

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']So has anyone here done a price adjustment on a game/system that originally came with a x$ off coupon? Did you get to keep your coupon?[/QUOTE]

? Josh said it was YMMV, so regardless if someone does take the time to reply, you can't take that as the for sure experience you'll have. Worst case return and surrender the coupon if they won't, that way you are paying less in tax as well as not tied to having to spend the coupon at Kmart as compared to keeping more of your $$.

Yeah, that was my plan but I was still wondering if someone had this same experience in the past. I took Josh's "YMMV" as more of a "don't take my word for it because I'm unsure about it" because maybe he wasn't very familiar with the price adjustment procedure. Whatever method they use to process those price adjustments should either flag the coupon as a must be returned item or not, unless the process is entirely manual and not computerized and would therefore be completely dependant on the employee processing it? I'm not sure if he meant the latter or if he just wasn't sure about it.

[quote name='jer7583']I just thought the "coupon train" was pretty common knowledge and practice around these parts is all.[/QUOTE]
I think I only hopped on the coupon train ONCE since SHC took over as Kmarts' gaming person and I hopped back off at the next exit(i.e. used the coupon as quickly as I could to assure it wouldn't expire).

With the backlog I have(40-ish games and growing) I've learned to have patience and wait for price drops and clearances, since I never know how long it's going to be before I finally get to playing those games.:razz:

Speaking of Kmart coupons and things, I'm still (im)patiently waiting for the $30 gc that Josh sent out to me.:cry: I was kinda hoping to use it on maybe a copy of Hunted: Demon's Forge(which is $40 new now I think) or a couple clearance titles by now.:whistle2:#

[quote name='The_ZZ']Does Kmart still carry Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY edition? If so how much does it cost? I really need to get it. I'll get the GOTY edition for $30 or less and if that's not available, I guess I'll get the regular for $15 or less. Any deals?[/QUOTE]

Why do you guys ignore/hate me? :cry:

[quote name='The_ZZ']Why do you guys ignore/hate me? :cry:[/QUOTE]
It's kind of a pointless question. Check your local Kmart next time you're there. And I think MSRP is $30.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Why do you guys ignore/hate me? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Cause you ask the most annoying questions in this thread?

[quote name='tmille69']I know this was asked earlier but.. Is Kmart getting any Augmented Editions of Deus Ex?? -Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

So why ask again?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Cause you ask the most annoying questions in this thread?

So why ask again?[/QUOTE]

-It was an assumption, and because i didn't feel like looking through pages of comments.

[quote name='tmille69']-It was an assumption, and because i didn't feel like looking through pages of comments.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, you want us to reward laziness, I'll get right on that.

Oh. I found it. Kmart does do trade ins. And their prices are...I'll just stick with Game Stop. Great deals on the games, but the trade values...

[quote name='Obiwan456']Oh. I found it. Kmart does do trade ins. And their prices are...I'll just stick with Game Stop. Great deals on the games, but the trade values...[/QUOTE]
Where did you find the values? I went to trade some in one time earlier this year and yeah the amounts were not at all competitive.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Where did you find the values? I went to trade some in one time earlier this year and yeah the amounts were not at all competitive.[/QUOTE]

I think they use gazelle. And gazelle's TIVs are awful.

Yeah, it was a link on the site that went to Gazelle. I mean, I looked up a PS2 fat. Gs trade in is $20, Gazelle trade in is $2. Mario kart, GS=17, Kmart=9.50. And almost all of them are that big of a gap, except the newest of the new releases.

[quote name='tmille69']-It was an assumption, and because i didn't feel like looking through pages of comments.[/QUOTE]

Yes, some stores are getting them. Email the stock dude for info.

Hey Josh or anyone else who may be abler to answer the question. Will there be a coupon deal on Driver San Francisco? I can't remember if it was on the list, but I enjoyed the demo and now I feel like I have to buy it. The multiplayer seemed like the best racing multiplayer since Burnout Paradise.

Thanks! Keep the coupon train chuggin!

[quote name='staticz']Have any Madden deals been announced? If not, has anything been planned?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's a $20 dollar coupon just like NCAA was.

[quote name='stevocbk24']Hey Josh or anyone else who may be abler to answer the question. Will there be a coupon deal on Driver San Francisco? I can't remember if it was on the list, but I enjoyed the demo and now I feel like I have to buy it. The multiplayer seemed like the best racing multiplayer since Burnout Paradise.

Thanks! Keep the coupon train chuggin![/QUOTE]I could be wrong, but I believe Josh said Driver: San Francisco will have a $15 coupon deal.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No need to be overly sensitive about it. I just found it amusing that someone would choose paying MSRP and getting a coupon for future use over getting an initial $15 savings with no coupon needed.

But now that you've clarified that you have a prior coupon to reduce the initial cost out of pocket, then this makes much more sense.[/QUOTE]

I'd do it even without an existing coupon, assuming I knew the next game I was getting was within the timeframe and had a similar coupon (ie, train).

I mean, heck, that's why most of us are here. $60 expended for a $20 coupon towards a purchase I know I will make is a better deal than spending 45 long term.

assuming a 10 game train with $20 coupons, that's:

$60 + 9($40) = $420 out of pocket, and have $20 coupon for next
vs.
10($45) = $450 out of pocket + nothing

I'll take the coupon train any day of the week. Not to mention, in addition to saving money long term, it's psychologically easier for me to validate buying the next AAA game if I have a coupon in hand then if I'm just dropping $45. If it's a flat $45, i'm more likely to wait for it to drop to $20.

[quote name='affa']I'd do it even without an existing coupon, assuming I knew the next game I was getting was within the timeframe and had a similar coupon (ie, train).

I mean, heck, that's why most of us are here. $60 expended for a $20 coupon towards a purchase I know I will make is a better deal than spending 45 long term.

vs.

I'll take the coupon train any day of the week. Not to mention, in addition to saving money long term, it's psychologically easier for me to validate buying the next AAA game if I have a coupon in hand then if I'm just dropping $45. If it's a flat $45, i'm more likely to wait for it to drop to $20.[/QUOTE]

Eh, to be fair, having to buy 10 games to save $30 bucks isn't much of a better deal.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Oh. I found it. Kmart does do trade ins. And their prices are...I'll just stick with Game Stop. Great deals on the games, but the trade values...[/QUOTE]
I think it's only in select stores out towards SHC corporate HQ as of right now, unless they finally got that trade-in site I found about 3-6 months ago up and running.

If they follow Best Buy's business model for the trade program I'm all for it, since they're even doing extra % promos now and their trade values are still pretty decent. But if they're following TRU's model(no bonus promos and they offer you $10-15 for new release games a week or two from launch), then I'll never trade anything to them.
[quote name='affa']I'd do it even without an existing coupon, assuming I knew the next game I was getting was within the timeframe and had a similar coupon (ie, train).

vs.

I'll take the coupon train any day of the week. Not to mention, in addition to saving money long term, it's psychologically easier for me to validate buying the next AAA game if I have a coupon in hand then if I'm just dropping $45. If it's a flat $45, i'm more likely to wait for it to drop to $20.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong. The 'coupon train' is excellent for people who want the latest and greatest and don't mind spending real cash. But I'd still rather flip a buncha games to BB, get some bonus cred for doing a promo there and buy the games with my cheaply acquired credit(or convert the credit from there to Amazon and not pay tax on the games, thus saving more) than paying real cash every time.

That's why I wish Kmart would hurry up and get a trade program going in all their stores, as then I would definitely consider hopping on the train. Although I would only really consider it if they did it like I said above(decent values and some promos to bump up the values). Till then I'll stick to Sears for $5-6 games that I wanted to try 2-3 years ago when they were $50-60 games but I didn't wanna take the chance on them sucking.

This is my first post on CAG. Really looking forward to the deals in the coming months. You're doing a great job Josh, I'm happy with the purchases I've made from Kmart earlier this year.

So you've found success all the time in flipping? Im just curious to how much work one would have to put in and if the returns are worth the effort. I mean how do you even get started?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think it's only in select stores
out towards SHC corporate HQ as of right now, unless they finally got that trade-in site I found about 3-6 months ago up and running.

If they follow Best Buy's business model for the trade program I'm all for it, since they're even doing extra % promos now and their trade values are still pretty decent. But if they're following TRU's model(no bonus promos and they offer you $10-15 for new release games a week or two from launch), then I'll never trade anything to them.

Don't get me wrong. The 'coupon train' is excellent for people who want the latest and greatest and don't mind spending real cash. But I'd still rather flip a buncha games to BB, get some bonus cred for doing a promo there and buy the games with my cheaply acquired credit(or convert the credit from there to Amazon and not pay tax on the games, thus saving more) than paying real cash every time.

That's why I wish Kmart would hurry up and get a trade program going in all their stores, as then I would definitely consider hopping on the train. Although I would only really consider it if they did it like I said above(decent values and some promos to bump up the values). Till then I'll stick to Sears for $5-6 games that I wanted to try 2-3 years ago when they were $50-60 games but I didn't wanna take the chance on them sucking.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']So you've found success all the time in flipping? Im just curious to how much work one would have to put in and if the returns are worth the effort. I mean how do you even get started?[/QUOTE]
I was watching the GS trade value thread intently and checking out what the values of some stuff I'd seen cheap was getting before and after promos.

However, the main thing is knowing someplace to cash out your credit for cash. That itself is a challenge. One way to do this was using the GS credit to buy larger items(360, PS2, PS3) and then selling those items on CL or eBay for cash.

With so many places taking trades now(Gazelle/TRU/BB/GS/Kmart apparently) you have quite a selection of places to get credit at.

As for if I've found success ALL the time in flipping, the answer to that is NO. I've made some bad decisions in the past(buying up the cases from a closing HWV figuring a ton of folks would want replacements for under what some sites offering them want), but I wouldn't change every chance I've taken for anything. It's a learning process.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think it's only in select stores out towards SHC corporate HQ as of right now, unless they finally got that trade-in site I found about 3-6 months ago up and running.

That's why I wish Kmart would hurry up and get a trade program going in all their stores, as then I would definitely consider hopping on the train. Although I would only really consider it if they did it like I said above(decent values and some promos to bump up the values). Till then I'll stick to Sears for $5-6 games that I wanted to try 2-3 years ago when they were $50-60 games but I didn't wanna take the chance on them sucking.[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the same about Kmart this Fall in comparison to last year. I had not done much trading last year so I was perfectly fine with riding the coupon train (plus the FO:NV coasters ended up being a huge boom for many) and I bought almost all my games at Kmart. This year BB has just made it too easy to gather up credit if you were smart about it. I spent about $175 in cash this summer and turned it into $450 in credit at BB, $120 at GS and $75 at Amazon. The DA2 for $15 at BB flipped to $32 at GS was huge. I just cannot justify spending more cash this fall when BB will give me back $100 if I spend $300 of my credit + the chance to PM any game drops. The only thing I am disappointed in is the exclusion of Deus Ex from the 5/100 deal. I am going to just wait for a price drop on that now.

Edit: The $175 is the out of pocket cost and not the cost of trade on trade flips and any GC I may have had (about $40).

[quote name='nnthomas']Will there be a Dead Island deal? I'm way more bonering for that game than Gears 3... Josh make this work[/QUOTE]
I'd guess there will be. The real question is what is the deal and that probably won't be answered for awhile.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sorry it has taken so long!

I usually think about it in useless car analogies.

The coupon system has the best 0-60 speed, brakes and best emission standards of any system. All of which help in negotiations with publishers and my internal finance teams where all the deals have to be approved.

Through the coupon system I can hit a $20 coupon on publisher funding that could probably only fund a $5-10 gift card (0-60 speed). This happens because one, a coupon breakage rate is much less than a gift card, basically those that don't redeem them (brakes) and another more important factor. Gift card redemptions typically only give back 33% (if that) to the category that offers them while gaming coupons give 100% back to the gaming department (emission standards). This is a huge boon for the publishers and a primary lever I have when negotiating an offer which also allows me to hit a very high amount on the coupons. EA doesn't really care if Kmart sells more toilet paper but because the engine is always pumping into building the industry, yep, big deal.

From a consumer perspective, basically, gift card programs would allow me to hit a $5-10 average while remaining margin neutral, coupons $15-$20. Smart gaming customers will (power users) will always have the best buy at Kmart while on the coupon train because of it.

P.S. The digital coupon option should solve all problems for storing and saving coupons.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. Ultimately it's the very reason I specified why you prefer the coupon method. It's more advantageous for you to restrict that benefit to your department, and if you didn't do so you would not be able to complete with other stores like Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc. You have more detail behind that stance, but it ends up being the same reason.

On a side note, the coupon/gc train is one of those smoke & mirrors types of deals. This is not singling out Kmart as all of the National retailers use the same method. If you figure that the average coupon/gc is $20 you have to string together 7 coupons/gc to pay less than you would have if each of the games was merely reduced $20 in the price or on sale for that price. If you can string together more than 7 in the train then you start to beat those prices of a $20 discount using that model. When you factor in that the coupons/gc are commonly below $20 (any given retailer), then you see how much of a "deal" you are really getting.

The big difference of course is how flexible the money you've invested into the chain is. If all you spend your money on is video games then the coupons work for you, and frankly you are probably not a smart consumer because you aren't consuming anything as a whole. If you spend your money on other things, the restrictions of those coupons really devalue.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']On a side note, the coupon/gc train is one of those smoke & mirrors types of deals. This is not singling out Kmart as all of the National retailers use the same method. If you figure that the average coupon/gc is $20 you have to string together 7 coupons/gc to pay less than you would have if each of the games was merely reduced $20 in the price or on sale for that price. If you can string together more than 7 in the train then you start to beat those prices of a $20 discount using that model. When you factor in that the coupons/gc are commonly below $20 (any given retailer), then you see how much of a "deal" you are really getting.

The big difference of course is how flexible the money you've invested into the chain is. If all you spend your money on is video games then the coupons work for you, and frankly you are probably not a smart consumer because you aren't consuming anything as a whole. If you spend your money on other things, the restrictions of those coupons really devalue.[/QUOTE]

I love how you're posting this like you've discovered the secret to time travel.

Of course a retailer does things to keep you spending in the stores and also what is good for the retailer. The retailer is not your friend.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']If all you spend your money on is video games then the coupons work for you, and frankly you are probably not a smart consumer because you aren't consuming anything as a whole.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight. Want to kick my dog while you're at it?

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']

If all you spend your money on is video games then the coupons work for you, and frankly you are probably not a smart consumer because you aren't consuming anything as a whole. If you spend your money on other things, the restrictions of those coupons really devalue.[/QUOTE]

I am not even sure what this means?

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']On a side note, the coupon/gc train is one of those smoke & mirrors types of deals. This is not singling out Kmart as all of the National retailers use the same method. If you figure that the average coupon/gc is $20 you have to string together 7 coupons/gc to pay less than you would have if each of the games was merely reduced $20 in the price or on sale for that price. If you can string together more than 7 in the train then you start to beat those prices of a $20 discount using that model. When you factor in that the coupons/gc are commonly below $20 (any given retailer), then you see how much of a "deal" you are really getting.

The big difference of course is how flexible the money you've invested into the chain is. If all you spend your money on is video games then the coupons work for you, and frankly you are probably not a smart consumer because you aren't consuming anything as a whole. If you spend your money on other things, the restrictions of those coupons really devalue.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is smoke and mirrors at all. Buy game x, get coupon y for your next purchase. Where's the smoke?

If you're talking about the rationale that i commonly see on here then that is on the consumer, not the retailer. (For instance, I got x title for 39.99 since I received a 20.00 coupon even though out of pocket I paid 59.99, then I consider the next title I bought was only 39.99 as well with the coupon, etc.) FWIW, you never catch up on the string you mentioned above, you're not supposed to, the first title will always bear the full price with each subsequent receiving the 20 discount with a coupon for the next title as well.

Competition is the best it's been in a long time for new titles, we never used to get titles with such great offers on day one, and we never usually have seen the quick price drops that are hitting so often now either.

Saw two Halo Reach Legendary (or whatever it is called) editions at my Kmart, those will have to be clearanced sometime soon????

[quote name='salty tbone']Thanks for the insight. Want to kick my dog while you're at it?[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm in PA, can I kick it? (I jest) Unless you need me too? (Again...) But let me know!

You could also wait 2 years when you can get most of these games for $15 used but that does not make you a BETTER consumer, it just makes you more patient. There is inherent value in getting the game on day one and no matter how you slice it the added value of coupons/gc do decrease this cost. Would it be better if MSPR was just $40 instead? Yes. But there are plenty of people (Moms and Dads) who buy these games for $60 without any idea of using a coupon/gc. Those are truly the bad consumer.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I feel exactly the same about Kmart this Fall in comparison to last year. I had not done much trading last year so I was perfectly fine with riding the coupon train (plus the FO:NV coasters ended up being a huge boom for many) and I bought almost all my games at Kmart. This year BB has just made it too easy to gather up credit if you were smart about it. I spent about $175 in cash this summer and turned it into $450 in credit at BB, $120 at GS and $75 at Amazon. The DA2 for $15 at BB flipped to $32 at GS was huge. I just cannot justify spending more cash this fall when BB will give me back $100 if I spend $300 of my credit + the chance to PM any game drops. The only thing I am disappointed in is the exclusion of Deus Ex from the 5/100 deal. I am going to just wait for a price drop on that now.

Edit: The $175 is the out of pocket cost and not the cost of trade on trade flips and any GC I may have had (about $40).[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind, I'd be quite interested to know how you worked that 175$ cash expenditure into over 600$ worth of video games credit in those 3 chains. Could you give some details of all your transactions?

Show me the retailer that regularly sells games on release day for $20 off, then I'll listen to ramblings about smoke and mirrors and coupons.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']Thanks for the response. Ultimately it's the very reason I specified why you prefer the coupon method. It's more advantageous for you to restrict that benefit to your department, and if you didn't do so you would not be able to complete with other stores like Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc. You have more detail behind that stance, but it ends up being the same reason.[/QUOTE]
Except that I also listed that the consumer gets a higher value offer than otherwise, not sure why that only benefits me.

[quote name='salty tbone']Show me the retailer that regularly sells games on release day for $20 off, then I'll listen to ramblings about smoke and mirrors and coupons.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing, will a game discount, of course, I try to discount every game I can within the first two months of release. But that doesn't diminish street date offers.

Day 1 vs. Day 30 is a big deal from a publisher/consumer/retailer perspective.

From a competitive standpoint, I'm loving what Best Buy is doing lately, they look to be on their game this year for sure. Holiday should be interesting.

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']If you don't mind, I'd be quite interested to know how you worked that 175$ cash expenditure into over 600$ worth of video games credit in those 3 chains. Could you give some details of all your transactions?[/QUOTE]

Like I said I did not include trade on trade in my "cost". So I had GS credit and bought 9 copies of Two Worlds II during the B2G1 sale for about $120 in trade and $30 cash. Turned around and took them to BB for $30 each for $270. Took some of that BB credit and bought 4 DA2 for about $18 a piece after coupons (bought multiple mags) and traded them to GS for $32 a piece. That same DA2 purchase had several Shift2 purchases at $17 which traded for $23 at Amazon. I also bought Bulletstorm multiple times from Gohastings for around $14 and traded to BB for $21-$25. I also bought 6 copies of Star Wars FU:II at Blockbuster for $7.50 a piece and trades them to BB for $18.20 a piece. I have other individual games from my collection and Black ops from TRU when they messed up the 2 for $50 deal (got those for $21/each and traded to BB for $32.50/each)

People won't like me talking about all the flips but you just have to keep your eyes out for trade on trade flips. Going back and forth between stores can increase credit really fast.

[quote name='salty tbone']Show me the retailer that regularly sells games on release day for $20 off, then I'll listen to ramblings about smoke and mirrors and coupons.[/QUOTE]

+1

Getting something release week means you pay more for the privilege. Game X will be $20 in 5 years? No shit? Wow, as a CAG, I never would've been able to figure out that games get cheaper the older they are. That's AMAZING. Does everyone know about this?!

If you have a retailer that has $20 off on day 1, then let us know about it. If not, we're well aware that the coupon has to be used later.

You know what I love? People who try to tell everyone "but you're paying $60 out of pocket!!!!" like we don't know how much money we're paying out of pocket.

[quote name='confoosious']+1

You know what I love? People who try to tell everyone "but you're paying $60 out of pocket!!!!" like we don't know how much money we're paying out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

I think some people know but immediately rationalize, at least those who are technically less intelligent. (not intending to attack anyone) Your point is valid for many though.

I can't wait for the holiday season, it's going to be pretty interesting to see how it all shakes out. I'll admit I usually go to Amazon only on BF, but if Kmart throws out some interesting deals I'll suffer through the hordes of old ladies.

Dude. You're just mad that you lost your coupon. :roll: Kmart's coupon train is definitely better than the average national retailer's, simply for the fact that in addition to getting the coupon off for the next game, you also have the opportunity to stack your SYWR points. Points that can be used ANYWHERE in the store OR on the next gaming purchase, (hardware, software and XBOX or PSN cards).

That's on an average video game purchase. If you can hold off on your purchases until Friday in hopes of hitting one of their bonus points weekends, then you have definitely made out like a bandit.

The not so bright consumer is the one who didn't figure this out already while brooding over lost coupons.

Suck it up.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']

Wait, what? I don't think you understand what makes a consumer a smart consumer now a days. A smart consumer goes through the trouble of getting games at the cheapest they can when they want it. A regular consumer doesn't care and just buys them at full price.

How does this make the people using coupons regular consumers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back