SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadboy']I included them along with my receipt for good measure. I don't know whether those coupons were forfeited internally.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks. Good to know for the future I guess. I was just expecting any returns to be lessened by the coupon amount because of the wording on them. I guess maybe they're more likely to do that only if they realize someone is trying to keep the coupons and get a refund, which in that case would be the best way to do it for everyone I think.

[quote name='MoHGamer']If I buy MK and portal 2 plus a 1600 msp card will I get the -$10 twice? And will it trigger the $60 coupons since it falls shortb from 120 after the discount?[/QUOTE]

So far, people who've reported having the double-discount on the point card (even the 19.99 XBox one) have indicated that they ALSO received both coupons. Apparently, you've triggered the deal before the discount applies, so you're fine even with the 119.97 total.

[quote name='sgaldis']...No clearance/price drop list yet? I've put this purchase off this far, but I can't wait any later than tomorrow![/QUOTE]
It seems that there was some miss communication between me and ad monster, this was supposed to be posted today while I was traveling, but it does not seem to have made it up. I am working on getting these updates sent to me while I am out of the area so I can post them before the sale is over.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It seems that there was some miss communication between me and ad monster, this was supposed to be posted today while I was traveling, but it does not seem to have made it up. I am working on getting these updates sent to me while I am out of the area so I can post them before the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

Hey great prices for next week btw Josh!!

[quote name='DPsycho']So far, people who've reported having the double-discount on the point card (even the 19.99 XBox one) have indicated that they ALSO received both coupons. Apparently, you've triggered the deal before the discount applies, so you're fine even with the 119.97 total.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping of going tomorrow and buying the things with no problems.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Terrific news! If Kmart gets deals on No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (August), Catherine (July), Arkham City (October), and Uncharted 3 (November) then Kmart will have all my video game business for the rest of the year.

Honestly, Kmart has had most of my video game business in 2010. Every recently released game I've bought this year I've bought from Kmart. GameStop hasn't been pleased with me responding "Kmart will most likely have a great week 1 deal, so I'll go there." to them always asking if I want to preorder anything.

Keep up the great work and don't ever change, Josh![/QUOTE]

I am not sure if i got the courage to pick up Catherine in a retail store lol.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Well that sucks, did it work alright though?[/QUOTE]
There wasn't any problem outside of the time I spent deciding on the selection of items that I wanted. With a promo designed open-ended like this, it's easier to get finicky and second-guess your decisions after the fact. It's like, after you log on CAG, "No, I should have gotten that game instead!"

Hey Josh, I sent Jim a message yesterday and you one this morning after I heard he was going out of town but no response so far. I can't get in on the MK/Portal 2 + points card deal because my store says they didn't get Portal 2 and for me to check back next week. I've been there twice (Tuesday and Thursday), may try a different one that is farther off but gas is not cheap these days. This is my first problem at this store.

[quote name='aznhero913']wait what?!??!?!

the XBL cards come out free?!?!?!

Am I missing something?!?!?[/QUOTE]

The Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat discounts will both trigger even if you only buy one point card making it $20 off. It was initially thought that you would have to buy two cards to receive both $10 discounts in one transaction.

this whole system is very confusing , and the online store does not include a lot of upcoming games.

I am confused by the 2 different systems, ontop of an already existing instore system for preorders/day 1 purchases.

i would have ordered a game while the 4/23 window was still available for the 120$ for 60$ coupon , but you did not have RDR for ps3 in stock, did not have super SF4 arcade edition available for preorder, and several other games i might have preordered for later this year, like uncharted 3, that batman game, or w/e else down the line.

the 120 for 60 deal just equals out to 20$ off each game, which is equal to the instore bonus of day 1 purchase. I dont know why the system needs to be so complicated for just that same sort of deal.

the 2 different systems im talking about is the online game coupons with needing an account and them attaching the coupon to your account, and the point cash back reward system which seems to be replacing the coupon system as stated, but currently both exist at the same time, also there is the instore game coupon system as well, of 20$ on day 1 purchase. Way too many things going on.

[quote name='Midnight Express']Hey Josh, I sent Jim a message yesterday and you one this morning after I heard he was going out of town but no response so far. I can't get in on the MK/Portal 2 + points card deal because my store says they didn't get Portal 2 and for me to check back next week. I've been there twice (Tuesday and Thursday), may try a different one that is farther off but gas is not cheap these days. This is my first problem at this store.[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the delay. Purchase what you can and I'll handle the rest. I am sure the store received Portal 2.

[quote name='DPsycho']The Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat discounts will both trigger even if you only buy one point card making it $20 off. It was initially thought that you would have to buy two cards to receive both $10 discounts in one transaction.[/QUOTE]

awwwwwwwwwww crap!!!!

Now I gotta do a return/rebuy since I didn't pick up any xbl cards. I hope this doesn't mess up my coupons, since you only get one set for your SYWR I don't think another set of coupons are gonna spit out. I don't want my original coupons to be invalid after I do the the R&R.

[quote name='kratier']this whole system is very confusing , and the online store does not include a lot of upcoming games.

I am confused by the 2 different systems, ontop of an already existing instore system for preorders/day 1 purchases.

i would have ordered a game while the 4/23 window was still available for the 120$ for 60$ coupon , but you did not have RDR for ps3 in stock, did not have super SF4 arcade edition available for preorder, and several other games i might have preordered for later this year, like uncharted 3, that batman game, or w/e else down the line.

the 120 for 60 deal just equals out to 20$ off each game, which is equal to the instore bonus of day 1 purchase. I dont know why the system needs to be so complicated for just that same sort of deal.

the 2 different systems im talking about is the online game coupons with needing an account and them attaching the coupon to your account, and the point cash back reward system which seems to be replacing the coupon system as stated, but currently both exist at the same time, also there is the instore game coupon system as well, of 20$ on day 1 purchase. Way too many things going on.[/QUOTE]
There are two coupon systems, the in store one and the .com one. I have stated publicly that the online one sucks and needs a complete overhaul. Pre orders were never intended to be part of this promo, that was a mistake that I could not catch by the online team while I was away in China.

The shop your way reward points are not replacing either coupon program and is purely supplemental.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sorry for the delay. Purchase what you can and I'll handle the rest. I am sure the store received Portal 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, the store is # 9563. They seem to be fading and their video game case is very disorganized. There has got to be a better system of receiving and displaying the games. Maybe if they would take out the (opened) Halo Reach Legendary Edition they have in the case at the electronics register, they could display new releases in there? Why would they open a special edition game like that and display it, when someone might have wanted to buy it?

[quote name='Interfeci']Wait, a second set of coupons print out with a second purchase? Would those be guaranteed to work as well?[/QUOTE]

This is what i want to know... I know Josh didn't design this to work but I'd like to know if it should/would as I could certainly find another $120 to spend but I'd like to be able to use the $60 coupon too

[quote name='Interfeci']Wait, a second set of coupons print out with a second purchase? Would those be guaranteed to work as well?[/QUOTE]

no guarantee. and no one can tell until next week. so it's a risk.

I'm gonna be doubly pissed if a second set of coupons work.

Hmmm, maybe I should get a second set of coupons and if they don't work, just return everything.

I don't think anyone knows for sure right now what will happen when they're redeemed. All we know for sure is that yes if you do multiple qualifying transactions that you can get multiple sets of coupons. They have the same offer IDs (450 and 451) and you can only use one of each offer ID per transaction (as it says on the coupons). So basically no matter how many $15 coupons you actually get, at best you could only use one per transaction.

However aside from the one per transaction offer ID number, each coupon also has a unique bar code number and even though SHC has said it is one per account, it may in fact be that you can use more than one of the same denomination coupon as long as it's in separate transactions.

I have no clue if that made any sense whatsoever, but there you have it :)

To sum up: Can you get multiple coupons? Yep.
Can you use multiple coupons? I dunno. We'll see.

Hey Josh or anyone else that knows, Is there a website or somewhere to see the current in store prices for games? The only reason I ask is that I plan on going to kmart in the morning and was thinking about picking up bad company 2, castlevania, dead rising 2, and possibly a few others and they are all sideways in the case so you can't see the pricing. On top of that I know that the prices might ring up different than what they're marked anyways and I hate bothering the workers to scan multiple games just so I can see the price.

Kmart's website seems somewhat accurate. I don't know to what extent, though. If anything, you can use the website to get an estimation, then go to the store for confirmation.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I am not sure if i got the courage to pick up Catherine in a retail store lol.[/QUOTE]

DAMMIT. I forgot about that! Maybe Josh can supply Carebare-esque slip covers...

Actually, that wouldn't be much better...

[quote name='sna']None of the KMARTs within 30 miles have 20$ psn cards, whenever i call they tell me they have 50$ only.( I'm in ontario CA)[/QUOTE]
kmart at fontana, ca had at least 10x 20s

Today would be the last day... and what's even better is if you spend $150+ not only do you get the $60 in gaming coupons but you'll also get a bonus 25,000 SYWR ($25) points.

Just make sure you're opted in for e-mails from SHC and you should be good to go

I'm still unable to update my information on the SYWR site. I remember months ago having this problem and I swore off the system then. Seems as though the problem still isn't fixed.

I'm in the kmart store now and can't find any of the $20 XBL cards. Looked in electronics and I'm looking at a giant gift card display but can't find anything.

This blows.......no free $20 XBL card or MK t-shirt.

:(

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm still unable to update my information on the SYWR site. I remember months ago having this problem and I swore off the system then. Seems as though the problem still isn't fixed.[/QUOTE]

Call their toll-free number. I personally detest having to use the phone for things like this, but it proved absolutely painless when my account had issues since creation. The person who took my call was able to bring up both disjointed parts of my account and meld them in under a minute. Since then, using the online tools hasn't given me a problem.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Minimal but some good ones.[/QUOTE]
Are you going to have a deal on heavy rain anytime soon? I remember you saying sometime around this time there might be one!

Thanks a lot, Josh. Sorry to harass you about it so much. I really want to take advantage of this deal, but I am looking to pick up mainly older titles I have seen over the last few years at my local K-Marts, just wanted to see what all dropped before I drop $150!

Thanks for the list. If I could find Halo Wars LE or Princess Peach, I'd hit that. Don't remember ever seeing those in my local stores, though.

So I bought $150 worth of games yesterday and got the 60 in coupons but the bonus points were messed up and had to do a return and rebuy. I gave the old coupons back and she let me keep them along with the new ones. Are the old ones deactivated or something? because I dont know which ones to use now.

::sigh:: Again tried to get in on this deal. Again, Kmart did not have the game in stock (this time, Portal 2). It simply isn't worth the frustration anymore. Would rather pay more to know the product actually will be there, in stock.

[quote name='sgaldis']Thanks a lot, Josh. Sorry to harass you about it so much. I really want to take advantage of this deal, but I am looking to pick up mainly older titles I have seen over the last few years at my local K-Marts, just wanted to see what all dropped before I drop $150![/QUOTE]
Not a hassle at all; sorry it has taken so long.

[quote name='lyric706']::sigh:: Again tried to get in on this deal. Again, Kmart did not have the game in stock (this time, Portal 2). It simply isn't worth the frustration anymore. Would rather pay more to know the product actually will be there, in stock.[/QUOTE]
I guarantee it's in stock and the employees are simply too lazy to stock it. Get on the horn to Stock Boy if you want to confirm, though.

[quote name='lyric706']::sigh:: Again tried to get in on this deal. Again, Kmart did not have the game in stock (this time, Portal 2). It simply isn't worth the frustration anymore. Would rather pay more to know the product actually will be there, in stock.[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way. I can help protect the experience if you would like to share.

[email protected]

[quote name='thegreek']No offense Josh, but Kmart is a lost cause.[/QUOTE]
Offense taken, it is not. We were the only B&M retailer to make significant strides in video game market share in 2010.

Not against you of course :)

[quote name='*Deathblade2']did you see my email?[/QUOTE]
Email Status:

I have emailed everyone back that Jim has forwarded over to me and who contacted me directly.

If you have not heard back from either of us please resend. [email protected]

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Are you going to have a deal on heavy rain anytime soon? I remember you saying sometime around this time there might be one![/QUOTE]
Yes, those greatest hits in Feb will be discounted around Father's day.

[quote name='sadboy']Kmart's website seems somewhat accurate. I don't know to what extent, though. If anything, you can use the website to get an estimation, then go to the store for confirmation.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. This is a good tact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back