Kmartgamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

Sometimes, Kmartgamer offers are only featured on CAG. Usually just due to personal bandwidth on my end. Blog offers for this week will be posted tonight to alleveate any confusion.

Important: The offers this week are instant bogo's, not coupons due to previously discussed issues we are currnetly facing with our coupon program which will be fixed soon.

:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

The only noteworthy offer this week is:

• :wii:Buy Donkey Kong Country Returns and get Epic Mickey for $19.99
Only other offer not MSRP:
  • :360::ps3:Save $10 WWE Raw 2011, more of a corproate pull together offer
Like I said previously, January sucks.

Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. Coupons may have temporary fix before then, if so, we'll go back to them instead of SYWR's. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
    • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
    • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
    • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.
  • :360::ps3:1-25 Two Worlds II (PS3 Version Delayed by a few days, will not ship until Friday)
    • 1-30 through 2-5, Two Worlds II will be on sale for $39.99
    • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • :wii:2-6 Mario Sports Mix TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-15 Nascar 2011 TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-15 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Bulletstorm TBD
  • :360::ps3: 2-22 Driver: San Francisco TBD
  • :360::ps3::wii: 2-22 De Blob: The Underground TBD
*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Customer Questions/Comments:

General Feedback, Promotional Ideas or Anything Else :cool:

SHC-Gamer - Josh Deane [email protected]

Important: If a coupon did not print or you did not receive the value of the promotion due to a store issue I will compensate the difference. I only need the following (Please copy and paste the format below for quicker service):

• Name ____________________
  • Phone Number ____________________
  • Mailing Address ____________________
  • Receipt Number ____________________
  • Short description of incident (a novel, though enjoyed, is not required :) )
Gift cards issued usually take 7-10 days to arrive once confirmed.

CE or Specal Inventory Requests:
Email Stockboy at [email protected]

• Game ____________________
  • Platform __________________
  • Store Address _____________

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking a very simple question; I'm gonna pick up both Dragon Age Ultimate & Batman next week with the sales going on, I was told that I have up to 7 days to get any possible price difference a few weeks earlier at my local Kmart (when I asked about Castlevania LoS). I was thinking I can just walk before & buy them for MSRP then head back on thursday & friday for their respective sales prices. Is that possible?

I frankly can't stand the black friday crowds & seeing as how I'm busy with job training all next week during the early morning, I rather be a greedy early bird than miss out.

[quote name='JCDogg911']Still wondering this myself. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
They will be two separate barcodes. This week's code will be useable next week.

Hey Josh any news on Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom. I know you cancelled it, but you said a while back that you were going to call them back again.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Thanks for the "friends" code although I am sort of mad I didn't buy Sonic Colors with it. Extra 5 bucks off would have been nice.[/QUOTE]

At least you're able to use Mygofer.com. The Kmart I go to isn't listed under the stores to select when I put in my zip code. I don't have any coupons since I used them all last week on my COD: BO, Enslaved, and Px21 headset purchase. Would be awesome to get another 10% off + start another coupon train.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They will be two separate barcodes. This week's code will be useable next week.[/QUOTE]

And the hits just keep on coming...

:bow:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Well, you all are all the reason I haven't said "screw this" I'm out. I completely understand the frustration and not only do I share it, I probably am even more so.

This job is my life's work, as sad as that sounds, and each offer, each buy is worked by the team so incredibly hard that to see the end game be such an issue is truly saddening.

I will say that based on yesterday's activity, it was brought up as a MAJOR issue in our format meetings. We'll continue to push it as hard as we can.

BTW, I think I received an email from everyone who purchased NFS HP yesterday :) Not complaining, thank you all for reaching out and I'll make sure you are taken care of. Lesson learned for me, even though an overnight update technically works, it may not work![/QUOTE]

Josh, and this is the reason WHY myself and countless others haven't abandon you and you're offers. we will continue to go to kmart and to support you.. :) keep up the outstanding work...

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Asking a very simple question; I'm gonna pick up both Dragon Age Ultimate & Batman next week with the sales going on, I was told that I have up to 7 days to get any possible price difference a few weeks earlier at my local Kmart (when I asked about Castlevania LoS). I was thinking I can just walk before & buy them for MSRP then head back on thursday & friday for their respective sales prices. Is that possible?

I frankly can't stand the black friday crowds & seeing as how I'm busy with job training all next week during the early morning, I rather be a greedy early bird than miss out.[/QUOTE]

Even it that's possible, which would surprise me since BF deals usually have their own set of rules, you'd still have to go to Kmart on Thanksgiving or BF, fight the traffic/crowds and stand in line. I'm betting it would take less time to just buy them on the sale days than get a price adjustment.

I read the OP and it says gaming coupons will activate the following Sunday if you bought it at Tuesday. I'm getting NBA Jam this Friday, so can I use the coupon that Sunday already or next Sunday? Thanks.

[quote name='D0RC']I read the OP and it says gaming coupons will activate the following Sunday if you bought it at Tuesday. I'm getting NBA Jam this Friday, so can I use the coupon that Sunday already or next Sunday? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you buy NBA Jam by this Saturday then the coupon will activate this coming Sunday, however if you wait until Sunday it wont activate until the following Sunday.

yep, Josh like you said, "how can a store only put out their AC collectors edition?!?" well thats the waterloo, IA store for ya...they suck

Josh, any upcoming coupons for just Xbox point purchases (1600 or 4000)? I'm hoping to keep my coupon train alive, but there aren't any interesting Xbox releases coming 6 weeks after NBA Jam. Thanks.

SHC Josh, if the stores don't get their stock, my local Kmart said they would honor giving the coupons on Monday(hooray they know about the coupons!) when they said most likely to receive them. Would you make this a one-time exception or should I just follow up with my store until the end of the week?

Also does anyone know when Kmart will open on Thanksgiving and if all the stores nationwide will open at the same time?

[quote name='probin74243']Even it that's possible, which would surprise me since BF deals usually have their own set of rules, you'd still have to go to Kmart on Thanksgiving or BF, fight the traffic/crowds and stand in line. I'm betting it would take less time to just buy them on the sale days than get a price adjustment.[/QUOTE]
I'd go at night & that Kmart is within walking distance, 15 minutes there & 15 minutes back. I rather have the games in my hand & have to wait on lines than finding out they JUST sold out before I get there.

Hilarious experience at K-Mart today after yesterday's bumblefuck. This was expected, though, since I wanted to use points from my Reward Zone account.

So I go back today and, surprise, all the new releases are there. Apache, Sonic Colors, NFS: HP, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood CE for both systems (?!). After the usual paging of someone to come back to electronics, I pulled out my temporary reward zone card and prepared for battle.

I explained that I wanted to use some of the K-Mart fictional magical credit dollar point rewards on my purchase. After asking me for my phone number, we were in my account. She couldn't figure out how to redeem the points. She called someone and the person on the phone apparently informed her that I wouldn't be able to use the reward on my card since I used a temporary card and I had to wait for a real one to be mailed to me. She relayed this information back to me and I said that this was incorrect for multiple reasons - my member id on the temporary card will be the same on my actual card, and, furthermore, she'd already pulled up my account by my phone number. She agreed that the woman on the phone had no idea what she was talking about and we continued to try to figure this out. She then called a higher up, this bald guy, who shall henceforth be referred to as BG.

BG seemed like he knew what he was doing... uuuuuuuntil I handed him my temporary printed our SYWR card. He said that he'd never seen one of these before. I explained how I got it and that there were fictional magical credit dollar point rewards I wanted to use towards my purchase. He decided to call someone (for those playing at home, that makes the service associate, ignorant phone lady #1, bg and now he's calling someone else). BG said, and I quote, "I have a customer here who has a printed out SYWR coupon (nope, rewards card) and it's good for $50 off his purchase (well, sort of.. it's not a coupon for $50 off though). Yes. Well, he says the card is worth $59 ($51) and it's not letting me do anything.. okay, thanks."

BG looks at the card, looks at me, then looks at the screen. "Yeah, I don't know. I have no idea. Take it up to customer service and see if they can figure it out."

So service lady #1 and I walk to customer service. She's extremely, extremely polite the entire time, apologizing profusely, and expressed her frustration at the rollout of a rewards program when they didn't tell them how to redeem rewards.

I do want to make one thing clear - I have a low tolerance for things that aren't done that should be, which leads to rants like the one I made yesterday.. but if something's wrong and the person is genuinely apologetic and working with me to reach a solution, I'm the most patient person in the world. Whereas everyone else treated me like I was trying to steal from the company, service lady #1 (name withheld) worked with me and was extremely nice. I recommend a promotion and pay increase effective immediately, but hey, what do I know.

Anyway, so we arrive at the customer service desk, and I'm introduced to person #5. The CS associate (who was also extremely nice and deserves a promotion/pay raise for treating me like a customer and not a thief) asks me for my phone number then asks me to enter my SYWR number on the pin pad (which I couldn't do at electronics - the pin pad there has been down for almost three months now). The machine prevents me from entering the entire number. She tries to enter my member number on her computer and reaches the same result. She calls someone (person #6) and asks him to find the manager (person #7). At this point, lady #1 has some other matters to tend to and departs, but not before wishing me luck in solving the matter. Person #6 is not helpful and person #7 is nowhere to be found. I reach in my phone and am about to call Josh to beg him to help the CS associate (#5) figure this out when she claps her hands quickly, shouts "Aha! I figured it out!" and tells me my total. She was extremely proud of herself, as she should be - she figured out something that no one else could.

So, all in all, it was about a 35 minute trip. I did manage to get NFS: HP for $9.xx, and my $25 gaming coupon printed out just fine.

Oh, and the guy that works electronics? Still mysteriously missing. Lady #1 was from another department.

SHC-Gamer

It's strange that store #7777 don't carry Sly Cooper Collection at all :whistle2:( I asked too, the lady knows what I'm talking about (other gamers asked too), but they don't have it. CAGs in NYC will miss out the Sly Cooper Collection?

As for next week, GT5... Any words on GT5 CE allocations? Is store #7777 going to get any? Thanks in advance...

Well good news is went back in for Brotherhood and got a good sales associate. He did some initial looking and came back empty handed. I told him a little about what might have happened and he called the manager. Shortly after I gave him the bar code UPC and he said yep it shows we have it. Went back and looked some more and came out with a copy. So I guess like last time it just got buried back in the stockroom.

I think we need to have a good way to generate the UPC Codes for games, that way in stores anyone can look up if they have the title in stock. I don't know if there's a website that tells you this but I will be looking for one. UPC Code helped me last time they misplaced a game as well.

Needless to I want to run this by Josh and see if he knows anything that could be done because at the least if they scan the games in, it will show up that they have the game and they really can't tell you no as easily after that.

[quote name='Serpentor']SHC-Gamer

It's strange that store #7777 don't carry Sly Cooper Collection at all :whistle2:( I asked too, the lady knows what I'm talking about (other gamers asked too), but they don't have it. CAGs in NYC will miss out the Sly Cooper Collection?

As for next week, GT5... Any words on GT5 CE allocations? Is store #7777 going to get any? Thanks in advance...
[/QUOTE]

I was going to do the Sly Cooper discount through Kmart but I just decided to order off Meijers.com for $30. Forget about fucking around with Kmart . . . too bad, there is some other stuff I need to pick up but I'll just go to Target for it.

[quote name='Phenomic']Well good news is went back in for Brotherhood and got a good sales associate. He did some initial looking and came back empty handed. I told him a little about what might have happened and he called the manager. Shortly after I gave him the bar code UPC and he said yep it shows we have it. Went back and looked some more and came out with a copy. So I guess like last time it just got buried back in the stockroom.

I think we need to have a good way to generate the UPC Codes for games, that way in stores anyone can look up if they have the title in stock. I don't know if there's a website that tells you this but I will be looking for one. UPC Code helped me last time they misplaced a game as well.

Needless to I want to run this by Josh and see if he knows anything that could be done because at the least if they scan the games in, it will show up that they have the game and they really can't tell you no as easily after that.[/QUOTE]
go to buy.com. Search what you're looking for. Go down to product summary and look for the upc. Google also works quite often. For example google search "Assassins Creed Brotherhood Xbox UPC"

edit: On testing this I notice buy.com has it with 2 extra zeroes at the beginning. I dont know why. The UPC I think is normally 12 digits. Maybe theres a better site for checking UPCs? Otherwise just ignore the extra zeroes and make sure you have a 12 digit number.

General question. Do they ring up the game plus tax then subtract the coupon amount, or ring up the game then the coupon then add tax? Gracias.

Oh by the way, I'm not sure if this complicates the "what version Arkham Asylum I'm gonna get on BF at kmart" question but I just got a GOTY Platinum Hits version. I didn't think these existed. I thought it was only GOTY or PH.

[quote name='Serpentor']SHC-Gamer

[/QUOTE]
They have it, I'm sure they do.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I'd go at night & that Kmart is within walking distance, 15 minutes there & 15 minutes back. I rather have the games in my hand & have to wait on lines than finding out they JUST sold out before I get there.[/QUOTE]

The game deals don't seem to be a certain time of day (i.e. 5-11 am) so it might work. I really have no idea, so hopefully someone else will answer your question.

[quote name='confoosious']Oh by the way, I'm not sure if this complicates the "what version Arkham Asylum I'm gonna get on BF at kmart" question but I just got a GOTY Platinum Hits version. I didn't think these existed. I thought it was only GOTY or PH.[/QUOTE]

It would if Josh hadn't already settled it...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Reg edition only, sorry. Shipments are coming in for the ad.[/QUOTE]

... which was in response to...
[quote name='jj5206']i was hoping it would be the GOTY...that's all my store has...SHC, would you mind clarifying the Batman: AA black friday sale for us?[/QUOTE]

Nice try to confoosio-us though.

[quote name='ShockandAww']go to buy.com. Search what you're looking for. Go down to product summary and look for the upc. Google also works quite often. For example google search "Assassins Creed Brotherhood Xbox UPC"

edit: On testing this I notice buy.com has it with 2 extra zeroes at the beginning. I dont know why. The UPC I think is normally 12 digits. Maybe theres a better site for checking UPCs? Otherwise just ignore the extra zeroes and make sure you have a 12 digit number.[/QUOTE]

Buy.com could work well enough since it does list it but yeah it generates two zeroes extra at the beginning. Which isn't a big deal because all you do is remove them. Still think this could be the key to some issues in store though. Would be good if Josh had an easy way to list them next to the deal offers. Only issue I see with Buy.com is he's listing a competitor for the stuff he's trying to sell which doesn't make much sense to do that from a business standpoint.

[quote name='Phenomic']Buy.com could work well enough since it does list it but yeah it generates two zeroes extra at the beginning. Which isn't a big deal because all you do is remove them. Still think this could be the key to some issues in store though. Would be good if Josh had an easy way to list them next to the deal offers.[/QUOTE]
I should list them, just more typing but I have them.

Ahhh thanks. Missed that.

In any case, for those ordering from Amazon, the GOTY edition they are selling is Platinum Hits. So even though the picture is for the nice (can't think of the word... moving art) cover, you get a shitty ugly PH case.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I should list them, just more typing but I have them.[/QUOTE]

To help combat the stock issue, it might be a good idea to list the UPC's for every new release from now on?

This way, when employees claim games didn't come in, we've got something to give to them to verify that yes, in fact, they are there.

It also gives you more ammo to use if stores are then claiming to have say, 18 copies, but the employee claims they aren't there (which is what I think happened to someone yesterday) or if they just outright refuse to look up the UPC.

Just a thought! It's extra work every week but it might save you a ton of emails.

I haven't seen any collectors editions near me, but the kmart I went to had the regular game out no problem. Glad they didn't have the collectors, I would have been more inclines to buy it then. lol

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I should list them, just more typing but I have them.[/QUOTE]

besides the UPC code maybe a letter from headquarters or corporate stating that IF THE UPC FINDS 18 FREAKING COPIES of the game it must be there at the store.. as some of you can remember from my post yesterday afternoon the cashier still wouldn't budge even though the system had them in. His famous line "that doesn't prove anything" :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='animalspinners']To help combat the stock issue, it might be a good idea to list the UPC's for every new release from now on?

This way, when employees claim games didn't come in, we've got something to give to them to verify that yes, in fact, they are there.

It also gives you more ammo to use if stores are then claiming to have say, 18 copies, but the employee claims they aren't there (which is what I think happened to someone yesterday) or if they just outright refuse to look up the UPC.

Just a thought! It's extra work every week but it might save you a ton of emails.[/QUOTE]

This is what I wanted to make a point of, only you did a much better job of saying then I did Animal. I hate English it's such a picky langugage. Anyway, I completely agree with this, it's saved my butt from getting turned away multiple times now and I almost wouldn't even mind trying to keep up with it and post them somewhere in the thread because Josh does so much already.

[quote name='medetron']besides the UPC code maybe a letter from headquarters or corporate stating that IF THE UPC FINDS 18 FREAKING COPIES of the game it must be there at the store.. as some of you can remember from my post yesterday afternoon the cashier still wouldn't budge even though the system had them in. His famous line "that doesn't prove anything" :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

At that you point you immediately need to say nothing else and polietly ask them for their manager. If he refuses say let me talk to your supervisor. Whatever it takes past that point because there is someone in the store above that guy and even if there isn't try back the next afternoon which that should never happen anyway. Needless to say I would be raging hard.

[quote name='Phenomic']This is what I wanted to make a point of, only you did a much better job of saying then I did Animal. I hate English it's such a picky langugage. Anyway, I completely agree with this, it's saved my butt from getting turned away multiple times now and I almost wouldn't even mind trying to keep up with it and post them somewhere in the thread because Josh does so much already.[/QUOTE]
This. We can find the UPCs ourselves and Josh can copy/paste if he wants? Just make sure if it's a Kmart exclusive like Enslaved we're not giving people the wrong UPC.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They will be two separate barcodes. This week's code will be useable next week.[/QUOTE]

THX Josh! Now should I just wait until friday or is it possible to try today or tomorrow for NBA Jam? :applause:

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Someone should volunteer to take the second or third post of the new thread and that can be the UPC list.[/QUOTE]

Can you just add posts though? I mean like I said before I'm sure even a few of us wouldn't mind helping out, but when a new thread starts if that person doing it at the time isn't available and they can't post right away they miss locking in the first post. It isn't going to do us much good either if they are all scattered everywhere all over the place.

Yeah, I dunno. There is the chance it'll be hard to coordinate or the person in charge of the third post disappears, but like you said the UPCs being all over the place doesn't help much either. Best solution is Josh being willing to keep all of the UPCs in the first page.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, I dunno. There is the chance it'll be hard to coordinate or the person in charge of the third post disappears, but like you said the UPCs being all over the place doesn't help much either. Best solution is Josh being willing to keep all of the UPCs in the first page.[/QUOTE]

the OP is long enough as is. If it gets any longer, people will stop reading it and my sig's head will explode.

The mods can change ownership of a post to someone I believe. So maybe the 2nd post can be changed to a volunteer. (or 3rd.) ?

I'm surprised by all the great AC:Brotherhood reviews. This game was totally off my radar. I just thought it was like, "Hey, yo, we made multiplayer Assassin's Creed!" But it's apparently not like that. Since I haven't finished AC2, I'll probably wait on Brotherhood, but it's good to see it turns out to be a great game, it looks like.

Question about the $20 gaming coupons. Will they work on a 19.99 game? (Guessing no) But will they work on say 2x19.99 games? The total combined purchase in other words, or do they only work on a single

These can be added to the second post or something if Josh wants. And only if Josh wants. Again all these are easily found at Buy.com. Search what youre looking for and scroll down the product page to "product summary". The UPC is there. Ignore any extra zeroes at the beginning of the UPC. The UPC should be 12 digits total no more or less. Please note I'm not sure on Splatterhouse at Kmart because I know Josh said it comes with an exclusive DLC code. Is that going to have a different UPC?

:360: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit: 014633194364
:ps3: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit: 014633194357

:360: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood standard: 008888526254
:360: AC:B Collectors: 008888226253
:ps3: AC:B standard: 008888346258
:ps3: AC:B Collectors: 008888246251

:ps3: Sly Collection: 711719824626

:ps3: NBA Jam: 014633195750
:360: NBA Jam: 014633195767

:360: Apache Air Assault: 047875764477
:ps3: Apache Air Assault: 047875764491

:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 standard: 711719811428
:ps3: GT5 collectors edition: 711719827221

:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns: 045496902001

:wii: Raving Rabbids Travel In Time: 008888176053

:360: Splatterhouse: 722674210232
:ps3: Splatterhouse: 722674110204

:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience (Wii) 008888176299

:ds: Golden Sun Dark Dawn: 045496741099

:wii: Epic Mickey standard: 712725004576
:wii: Epic Mickey Collectors: 712725020439

:pc: World Of Warcraft Cataclysm: 020626728478

:360: Tron Evolution: 712725018917
:ps3: Tron Evolution: 712725018900
:wii: Tron Evolution: 712725017866

[quote name='volt1up']Question about the $20 gaming coupons. Will they work on a 19.99 game? (Guessing no) But will they work on say 2x19.99 games? The total combined purchase in other words, or do they only work on a single

UGH. This is the most frustrating thing ever. After spending about 2 and ½ total hours on the phone with SYWR customer service and with employees at Kmart, they’re gonna send me yet another replacement card that completely resets my account number and PIN. I have to wait another 4 weeks (!) before this card arrives before I can redeem my points, because I won’t know my PIN until I get it and I can’t change the PIN until I know.

SYWR is the worst points system I’ve had to deal with in a long time. Gaming coupons were soooo much better to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back