Latest sales figures from ebay...

kwerry

CAG Veteran
To lazy to post the links, but
got the list from here, which has the links to the auctions. Most of the auctions look like legitimate auctions. THESE ARE FOR PREORDERS!!!

11/08/06: $5,000.00 (40 bids)
11/07/06: $3,550.00 (26)
10/22/06: $3,250.00 (48)
11/08/06: $3,200.00 (37)
11/04/06: $2,550.00 (25)
10/28/06: $2,550.00 (41)
10/27/06: $2,524.99 (9)
10/27/06: $2,575.00 (11)
10/23/06: $2,500.00 (49)
11/03/06: $2,325.00 (7)
10/30/06: $2,105.00 (24)
10/25/06: $1,925.00 (25)
10/23/06: $2,025.00 (6)
11/05/06: $1,800.00 (29)
11/04/06: $1,775.00 (21)

so my question is: since I cant camp out n I dont get one, am I gonna end up paying 10,000 bucks to get one come DEC?

[quote name='Spades22']Wow...I could pay an entire year of school for that...[/quote]

no kidding. i am seriously thinking now of whether I should sell mine (if I get one at CircuitCity) and help pay my loans. I work at the theater and if I made $4400 off one sale, its basically like I dont know how many weeks of work at the theater...

The only catch is - now there're only LIMITED number of people who can sell them on eBay (with 50 feedbacks, paypal only, etc), if you fall under this category and the buyer is legit, go for it!

At launch day, eBay will be flooded with systems (once people have those on hand, more restrictions will be lifted) which can dilute the yields, if I'm to resell one, I'll hav to do it and have the auction ending on the early part of launch day, unfortunately, each seller can only list one unit.

[quote name='vincewy']The only catch is - now there're only LIMITED number of people who can sell them on eBay (with 50 feedbacks, paypal only, etc), if you fall under this category and the buyer is legit, go for it!

At launch day, eBay will be flooded with systems (once people have those on hand, more restrictions will be lifted) which can dilute the yields, if I'm to resell one, I'll hav to do it and have the auction ending on the early part of launch day, unfortunately, each seller can only list one unit.[/quote]

True, but overall, there are millions of people who want one and there are only gonna be 400,000 shipped. and a lot less of those on ebay. i actually hope that ebay prices will stay affordable, but i'm thinking that yes there are more people who are gonna try to make money this way, but there is far less units manufacturered by sony.

Yeah, those bids are either zero feedback, low feedback, or have not paid. Pretty much scammers. Prices normally end around 1550 (rounded).

Damnit. I really want to keep my launch unit, yet at the same time I could use the money for a new 1080p tv.... along with textbooks and what-not, but I really want to actually use my PS3.... I'll sleep on it.

[quote name='CounterSeal']Damnit. I really want to keep my launch unit, yet at the same time I could use the money for a new 1080p tv.... along with textbooks and what-not, but I really want to actually use my PS3.... I'll sleep on it.[/QUOTE]
I have the same problem, I want to keep it, but I have other stuff I could use the money towards if I sold it...I cant decide what to do.

[quote name='whoknows']I have the same problem, I want to keep it, but I have other stuff I could use the money towards if I sold it...I cant decide what to do.[/quote]

well, i figure this. it is a decision i make. i can pay off my loans, then wait a few months until i can get one easier. or just keep it and have one for the next few months. at this point in time, i might just sell it to pay the loans. In 3-4 months I should be able to walk into a store and get one without having to wait in line or pay extra on ebay.

I find it funny that people are bashing people selling PS3 on eBay for a profit in the other thread (with indepth calculated hourly wages), then here we all talk about how the profit can pay for loans and debt. Hehe. :)

[quote name='whoknows']I have the same problem, I want to keep it, but I have other stuff I could use the money towards if I sold it...I cant decide what to do.[/QUOTE]

Im in the same boat as you guys when i preordered it i was so sure i was gonna sell it. But now i really wanna keep it but if i can get 2k i can get a used car. So I have no idea what to do and if you really wont be able to get a unit till summer, I probably should just keep it. But i dont know lol

bread's done
Back