LE Halo 3 Scratched Discs - MS Offers Free Replacement Through 12/31/07

[quote name='guinaevere']That new Banned title your sporting? If you think about it, it's your fault for having contributed nothing but troll posts. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Just opened mine last night and it is scratched to hell. It plays (only reason I even bothered was my Rainbow Six clan leader wanted to play) and it worked fine so far. I wish they would have learned their leason after the Halo 2 Collector's Edition problems too.

i didn't even bother to put my game in. both discs were scratched so badly. very disappointing. i knew i should've just stuck with the standard version. but the limited looked so nice. argh!

[quote name='the game wizard']considering youll be able to sell the legendary edition on ebay for hundreds of $$$$ one day.... yeah whos the retard now. by the way, have fun staring at that empty space on your shelf which could have been occupied by your master chief helmet. maybe ill sell mine a few years down the road on ebay to you for about, say, $500. youll wish you preordered it. also, stop bitching please. none of this is microsofts fault, look in the mirror for the true problem to your scratched disc.[/quote]

Oh man, that made me laugh. All I see on ebay is pages of Legendary editions with 0 bids, or 1 bid, and that bid is lower than MSRP.

[quote name='guinaevere']That new Banned title your sporting? If you think about it, it's your fault for having contributed nothing but troll posts. Congrats.[/quote]

excellent :D :applause: :applause:

[quote name='opterasis']Oh man, that made me laugh. All I see on ebay is pages of Legendary editions with 0 bids, or 1 bid, and that bid is lower than MSRP.[/quote]I'm thinking around Christmas shopping time, that price may go up higher. But who knows. So often what is marketed as a collectable tanks after initial fever. That is, if there's any initial fever successfully stirred up to begin with.

My big bro played some of his (normal edition) last night. He struggled through the first level and then had a disc read error. No scratches, just a ring around ¾ inch from where the data begins. Maybe it's his 360? His Viva Pinata game locked up a few nights ago, too.

Just to be certain, it's only the 2nd tier ($70) version that has the packaging problems right? The Legendary Edition ($130) contains a plain Jane green Xbox case with the game?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Just to be certain, it's only the 2nd tier ($70) version that has the packaging problems right? The Legendary Edition ($130) contains a plain Jane green Xbox case with the game?[/quote]Correct. Game disc is in one DVD case, two bonus disks are in a double DVD holder in another DVD case.

Mine are also scratched a bit but they play fine. I'll be sending in the LE Bonus Disc for a replacement first and when I stop playing Halo 3 for a while I'll send in the game disc.

I got mine from Lionsgames and not only is the discs scratched but the tin looks like it went to battle with the master chief...

What are my options other than going though M$ to get a replacement?

Thanks

[quote name='VipFREAK']I got mine from Lionsgames and not only is the discs scratched but the tin looks like it went to battle with the master chief...

What are my options other than going though M$ to get a replacement?[/QUOTE]
Your other option is to contact Liongames as there are only two relevant parties and you just excluded one.

Mine was scrathed, and I was the first at my BB to get Halo 3. I went back, opened 3 until I finally found one that wasn't scratched.

There still were some dusty remains on the disk, though. I don't know but I don't think I'll ever put my disk back in that case.

Dad offered me to buy the Legendary, but I declined. It would have been nice, though...

Head's up: Before I went there, I called em up. Some lady asked if I ought the $4.99 Scratched disc warranty (Best buy does this). I said I was not aware of this. She said it's fine, just bring it up to Customer Service and we'll replace it.

Don't pay that $4.99.

[quote name='RESmonkey']Head's up: Before I went there, I called em up. Some lady asked if I ought the $4.99 Scratched disc warranty (Best buy does this). I said I was not aware of this. She said it's fine, just bring it up to Customer Service and we'll replace it.

Don't pay that $4.99.[/quote]

Yeah, that's a good idea for 9-12 months later, but the scratched Halo 3's are covered under the standard 30 return policy.

I was going into BB and was about to buy the regular edition until I saw the limited. I wasnt going to buy it but I asked to see a copy of it and the guy was really nice helping me. He futzed around with the lock (because they like to keep games and consoles behind cages) for about 2 minutes (someone placed the lock in a hard to open with a key postition) and pulled one out for me. I shaked it a bit and didnt hear any loud rattles. Thats when i decided to grab the limited edition.

And Im glad I did. After I bought the game, I quickly opened it up in the car and found that the disc were perfectly in place. No scratch was found on the gmae disc. But the only bummer was there was some slight scratches on one edge of the extras disc. But I didnt mind, Im sure the extras work fine and I could care little about that (well...not as little but a lot less than the game disc)

So, I guess I got a little lucky

[quote name='VipFREAK']M$ will only do DISC replacement... what about the tin? :roll:[/QUOTE]
Take it back to the store, how is that Microsoft's problem?

[quote name='VipFREAK']It's from Lionsgames.com... :roll:[/QUOTE]
Okay, then return it to them. I'm not seeing how this is anything other than a standard "box damaged in shipping" problem.

I had the same problem as VipFREAK, i bought the Halo 3 CE from LionGames and received it yesterday. Both discs were loose and both were scrathed and scuffed mostly in the middle but game did play. Also my tin has two dings (one on left edge and the other on the right upper corner). I guess its just the tin so maybe not a big issue but it does affect collectability if you care abou tthat so I did send an email to their customer support...we'll see if they respond. Planning to send in both discs to M$ at some later point.

[quote name='SNKMat']so what do I do? Do I ship the game on its own w/out the case, or w/the case?[/quote]

Who are you shipping to? Microsoft? In that case, just send the disc; the order form says "[FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Submitted materials become Microsoft property and will not be returned." So that means you'd just get back only a disc...[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Now I'm really considering that BB warranty--that order form says "THIS PROGRAM IS GOOD ONLY FOR XBOX 360 CONSOLE OWNERS IN COUNTRIES WHERE XBOX 360 IS SOLD AT AUTHORIZED RETAIL LOCATIONS." So, even though they extended to February '08, if I don't get a 360 by then (which is not guaranteed), Meesa's SOL.
[/FONT]

Long story short after my "plan" is complete and the smoke clears I (hopefully) will have gotten a prestine Halo3 LE for $50 and some cash back.

Just got my copy yesterday - both discs scratched despite one of them being attached still. I have no idea how the discs come off anyway, as they seem to be held pretty well when I put them back in.
Guess I'll be returning to see if I can get one without scratches, though sending it back to MS wouldn't be a problem. Not like I can play it until the xbox is back anyway...

I just got my disk today. After getting it online I had to wait because shipping was slow. Both Disks are scratched.

Does anyone know how long it takes M$ to ship my game back to me? And How many forms to I have to fill out?

ALSO fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckfuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

F8X, the form says one per disc. So I filled out two forms but put them in the same package. It's mailed to Indiana for what it's worth.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']F8X, the form says one per disc. So I filled out two forms but put them in the same package. It's mailed to Indiana for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to do, fill out two order forms (one for each disc) but send them in the same package.

I played through my entire campaign fine, only skipped a couple times, but always came back. But I don't want to run into problems later in the multiplayer.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']It's mailed to Indiana for what it's worth.[/quote]It wouldn't happen to be Zionsville, Indiana would it? That's where they have the retrofit requests for the wheel going to.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It wouldn't happen to be Zionsville, Indiana would it? That's where they have the retrofit requests for the wheel going to.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Zionsville, IN. I sent out my discs this morning hopefully I'll get the new ones back soon.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Yep, Zionsville, IN. I sent out my discs this morning hopefully I'll get the new ones back soon.[/quote]Hmmm...wonder if they'll let us nearby just drive by and pick our stuff up.

ordered mine online w/ bestbuy so i could get the points card for 4.99. i took it back to exchange it for a new copy, but the guy just couldn't hand me over a new one. he had to return it in the system...yup...i said return...even tho i was exchanging...he returned it...thus voiding the deal and i got 60 bucks back for a 70 game plus tax. so it's like i never got a deal on the points card and just paid 20 bucks for it. they told me i'd have to speak with corporate if i wanted to get that deal situated. i told them to just forget it and that i'd get a copy of halo 3 from toys r us down the street cuz they f'd me over. darn my luck.

by the way, i didn't get it from toys r us lol. i ordered mine on family video so i wouldn't feel like i got cheated out of a deal :)

Just got my Halo 3 CE replacement discs in the mail today after sending out my scratched up ones last Wednesday. I had a feeling they'd throw in a little something extra to make up for the hassle and I was right. Included with the discs was a 1 month Live Gold subscription card. Nothing big but getting a freebie is always good.

The funny thing is that the Essentials disc got loose from it's *unsealed* paper sleeve and has a thick 1 1/2 inch scratch around the center of the disc. Doesn't look like anything that will affect gameplay but it's still kinda funny that one of my replacement discs is still scratched up.

Good to know. Hopefully they keep this going as I plan on sending mine in around Xmas when I won't have time to play it anyway.

Ooh, that means mine might be in the mail when I get home, since I sent mine on Wednesday, too. I've already got Live though 3/09, but one more month is appreciated. :D

[quote name='norkusa']Just got my Halo 3 CE replacement discs in the mail today after sending out my scratched up ones last Wednesday. I had a feeling they'd throw in a little something extra to make up for the hassle and I was right. Included with the discs was a 1 month Live Gold subscription card. Nothing big but getting a freebie is always good.

The funny thing is that the Essentials disc got loose from it's *unsealed* paper sleeve and has a thick 1 1/2 inch scratch around the center of the disc. Doesn't look like anything that will affect gameplay but it's still kinda funny that one of my replacement discs is still scratched up.[/quote] Just to make sure before I send mine in, did you fill out 2 forms for both the discs and just sent everything in to MS in one envelope? Did you put the discs in a cd case or just in the envelope? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='aaa123']Just to make sure before I send mine in, did you fill out 2 forms for both the discs and just sent everything in to MS in one envelope? Did you put the discs in a cd case or just in the envelope? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I filled out a form for each disc I sent. I just put both discs inside a single paper cd sleeve and put everything inside of a bubble mailer (dvd size). Think it cost me $1.50 for First Class postage.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']ordered mine online w/ bestbuy so i could get the points card for 4.99. i took it back to exchange it for a new copy, but the guy just couldn't hand me over a new one. he had to return it in the system...yup...i said return...even tho i was exchanging...he returned it...thus voiding the deal and i got 60 bucks back for a 70 game plus tax. so it's like i never got a deal on the points card and just paid 20 bucks for it.[/quote]

Ouch, I'm surprised that happened to you. I exchanged mine instore as well because the case was all dented up and of course the discs were scratched too. He had to return mine but when I explained to him that I already used the points card and now I would be out $15 because of this fiasco, he just took the $15 off the CE I bought right there. Naturally the discs in my new one were scratched as well, but i didn't want to be a dick and exchange again, so that's why I'm waiting for MS to freaking ship me the replacements. It's encouraging to hear it's a fast turnaround though, unlike replacement systems :cry:.

I sent my discs out the Wednesday after Halo 3 launched, and I just got my replacements today, so it took me 15 days to get my replacements, which was right in line with the 2-week estimate.

Also got a free 1 month Live card with my discs.

So if anyone reads this and happens to want a regular copy of Halo 3...

Bought the game on launch day..yea it was one of those loose discs, and had a minor scratch, but for the past 30 days I have had nothing but a blast with this game. Then last night while trying to load a map for a ranked matched, the blade came up and said unable to read disc :O

Tried to view a replay... Halo 3 locked up the 360 :(

Weird click/grinding noises coming from the hard drive....

uh oh.. this is what happened when I got my RRoD on my first system!! :( Halo 3 killed my system a week after I bought the game :whistle2:\

Called MS to see if my disc is still eligible for exchange thru the program, yes all is good :)

Played HD-DVD movies and other games (including Ace Combat 6) since last night. No problems or lock up's :)

Awww...

Guess I shouldn't put halo 3 into my 360 til I get the replacement copy.

bah.

Yup. send it in. I sent both my disks in and got it back in minty fresh condition. I use the essentials disc as a freshener in my car.

[quote name='strdr4']Yup. send it in. I sent both my disks in and got it back in minty fresh condition. I use the essentials disc as a freshener in my car.[/quote]
:lol:

The halo 3 disc that I have "Stopped working" But it wasn't the disc, It was my 360! I don't know what happened, But it works now.

bread's done
Back