LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the NinjaGo display too at Target, if you get rid of the stupid spinners the theme isn't horrible, just insane.

My Pig Farm Shipped! Yay! Of course I don't have any cows or bulls, but I'll make a better farm then LEGO did. It's shockingly still in stock.

LEGO also has some Single Awareness Day (Valentines' Day) sets that are new....

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=61&d=100

[quote name='bigdaddy']I saw the NinjaGo display too at Target, if you get rid of the stupid spinners the theme isn't horrible, just insane.

My Pig Farm Shipped! Yay! Of course I don't have any cows or bulls, but I'll make a better farm then LEGO did. It's shockingly still in stock.

LEGO also has some Single Awareness Day (Valentines' Day) sets that are new....

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=61&d=100[/QUOTE]

I prefer Steak and a BJ day (March 14th)

Would anyone be interested in trading me for a few Series 3 Minifigs I didn't manage to grab this go around?

(My packs are still unopened but I'm pretty sure this is what they are... identical to others I opened)
I have extra:
Sumo x3
Mummy x2
Snowboarder
Tennis Player

I need:
Fisherman
Hula Girl
Race Car Driver
Kid with the Boom Box.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I prefer Steak and a BJ day (March 14th)[/QUOTE]

I refer if everyday was steak and a BJ day.

However does LEGO make sets for that? I'm love to see them.

Agreed. I don't have a ton of magnets, just one of the TRU giveaway ones and the Atlantis set and they all seem like normal functioning minifigs to me. I'm tempted to buy a bunch more of the Atlantis sets for the fishmen and sharkmen. My poor fantasy kingdom setup has sea monsters and orcs attacking from the western sea and orcs and evil human knights attacking from the east.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I think the claim of cheap chinese plastic related to LEGOs is getting old. Sounds like a bitch cry from someone on EB. Yes, the removable figs on the earlier magnets (2009) were of low quality, but the ones produced later were of better quality.

Some fans claim that the cheap figs are the ones that have no black mark on the neck and/or have the inner arms (near armpit) stamped. Although true that most magnet figs have that feature, it does not make them cheap. So many people were quick to assume they're cheap chinese plastic because of that. Not the case as I have seen them with figs that come in sets. As a matter of fact, some of the sets that come out today clearly state that some of the components come from China. Whether, it's the figs or the other elements is anyone's guess, but so far... I have not experienced any 'quality' issues.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']I've been happy for what they are. But the gluing kind of kills it for me. That's all.

I'll return this thread to the regular bitch-free discussion. :D[/QUOTE]

You know it and I know it, Lego just did it for the money and to piss off on the reseller. Honestly though, I'm sure there are some people out there that do have some magnets on there fridge but people buy them just as a cheap counterpart than buying the set.

Hell, I bought some for the Imperial Royal Guard and the one with At-At driver just for the figs. I feel your pain bro but at the same time I'm glad its cutting off the reseller.

I was able to find Ferocious Creatures for half off at Target and picked up 2 of them. None of the TS sets seem to be dropping past 30%, as they have been at that price for a couple of weeks now. Hoping to get the Trash Compactor set for 50% off, but so far I am just playing the waiting game.

[quote name='encendido5']I read on eurobricks that all you need to do is heat some water and drop the magnet in. Here's the link:

http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/01/glued-magnet-removal/

I stopped by a couple targets tonight and the only 50% set I found was the large world racers set. Everything else was 15-30% still.[/QUOTE]

I saw that link Aunt Beast posted it a page back, it leaves a residue though. Did they find a solution to that?

[quote name='salty tbone']I didn't mean to come off like a bitch, and for the record I have a ton of collectible minifigs and I love them. But I do notice the difference in quality (mainly in the legs). And I do notice the difference between the battle pack knights and knights from regular sets.

I've bought several magnet sets for the minifigs that came in sets I wasn't interested in (Dooku, Palpatine) and I've been happy for what they are. But the gluing kind of kills it for me. That's all.

I'll return this thread to the regular bitch-free discussion. :D[/QUOTE]
Here's the thing though... I wasn't referring to you, unless of course you are one of those EB'ers previously mentioned.

Now. Onto other things. I was never really looking for marked down SP, but after Mr. Crane mentioned the play value that Space Police Command Central has, I just had to go looking for it and found one I did. I never realized how cool SP Central is and I doubt I'll find it any lower than $56. Thanks Crane!

Stopped by the LEGO store and they still had TS Garbage Truck 7599 for $24.98, Vintage Minifigure Collection 5 for $8.98, PoP Desert Attack for $5.98 and Pop Ostrich Race for $9.98. Also, I bought the last 2 Sensei Wu weapons pack for $14.99! A bit much for some, but I like Sensei Wu and it comes with some cool weapons!

[quote name='skiizim']I saw that link Aunt Beast posted it a page back, it leaves a residue though. Did they find a solution to that?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, maybe a light application of Goo Gone via Q-tip? I wouldn't try any stronger solvent, who knows what it would do. But you might want to try the Goo Gone first on a regular Lego brick to ensure it doesn't cause any sort of color damage.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does EB stand for (LOL)?

I like that ferocious creatures set and found them for $14.98, but I still had to pass...probably because I threw down roughly $200 on the other sets. I'm just hoping the King's Castle (bought for $70 - 30% off) and Endor ($85 - 15% off) drop further and I can get the return/rebuy adjustments. I'm going to be calling every Target in LA come next Thursday to see what their in store prices are on those (got the DPCI's in my hand ready to go), LOL.

As for the TS trash compactor escape, I honestly think that's the most likely to get substantial discounts, particularly of the larger TS sets. The train and Woody's Roundup have much broader and higher appeal IMHO.

The only TS set I'm missing is the Garbage Truck 7599...for $24.98 that would be an instant buy for me. Well I'm also missing the UK exclusive mini-packs of Buzz and Woody (ordered the alien one), but I figure we might get those eventually...I'd rather have those on the Target checkout aisles than the ones we've gotten, although the army men jeep was awesome.

EB = eurobricks

made the rounds of all the dept stores local and in the hinterland .. nothing.

at the walmarts, more midi-destroyers and nothing else! no ARCs marked down here, no endors, no castle, no nothing.

at the targets, a lot of ben 10 and the hero factory dropship. a couple small duplo and some atlantis.

at kmart, ben 10 again and a little atlantis. and that's it.

just reporting so those of you with the good deals can feel pleasurably smug. :)

[quote name='aunt beast']EB = eurobricks
[/QUOTE]

I always thought it stood for Extra Bitches, my bad. :)

My windmill came in today, I built just the windmill. Interesting build, should have been 1-2 of those tower pieces bigger, the blade gets rather close to the ground. :lol:

In spite of the fact that I have gotten so many new sets, and my LEGO backlog has gown immensely in the last few months, I spent my afternoon piecing together some of my old sets from when I was a kid (my parents made me take my tub the tub of LEGOs at Thanksgiving, they were tired of storing it). Put together the Viking Voyager (6049), Forestman's Hideout (6054), and King's Oarsmen (6017). Kind of surprised to have found all of the pieces, minifigs, and weapons. My daughter loves the growing castle set up we have, which is why I chose to build those sets. She is still a little young for LEGOs (she's a month away from 3), but I really love how into "helping" me build the sets she is. It gives me hope that maybe one day she will buck the trend of girls who turn away from LEGOs.
Yep, no deal at all, but since it has been a slow LEGO day in the thread, I thought I would share.

I used to be able to piece together my old sets from memory with out looking at the instructions. TRUE STORY, this was my first Lego http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6080-1 , I was 7 at the time and I was in the whittier/narrows earthquake, it was a bad a 6.9 or something like that. Long story short, I grabbed a trash bag and out all the things I could take I took that. Me and my sister refused to go into the house for 2 days but at least I had my castle.

ackbar, do you buy your daughter any duplos? I bought my daughter a few big sets on clearance of course and she really likes them. She likes playing with the bricks but she gets frustrated trying to take them apart.

[quote name='skiizim']ackbar, do you buy your daughter any duplos? I bought my daughter a few big sets on clearance of course and she really likes them. She likes playing with the bricks but she gets frustrated trying to take them apart.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we have the big dinosaur set, some farm stuff, and the Pizza Planet car. She likes them ok, but she enjoys the smaller ones better, I think because she knows I like them as well. I have been debating getting her the zoo set on clearance on S@H, but $45 is still not cheap. I wish the TS stuff would go on clearance, she would love those, as TS 1 & 3 are her favorite movies. I do have a hard time buying Duplos though, there really should be more pieces for the cost.

We bought some box that had 80 pieces for $14 http://www.amazon.com/Lego-4525433-Duplo-Basic-Bricks/dp/B000WO7Y12 it gives you some extra pieces to play around with. We bought my daughter the $40 dollar zoo and the Barn set, she really likes the barn and both sets go pretty well with each other.

I think they have the TS Duplo on clearance at Target & Lego Store, I'm not sure but I know I've seen it in at least one. I'm with you though, I'm probably not going to be buying anymore Duplo sets as I don't really see the replay value in them.

[quote name='skiizim']We bought some box that had 80 pieces for $14 http://www.amazon.com/Lego-4525433-Duplo-Basic-Bricks/dp/B000WO7Y12 it gives you some extra pieces to play around with. We bought my daughter the $40 dollar zoo and the Barn set, she really likes the barn and both sets go pretty well with each other.

I think they have the TS Duplo on clearance at Target & Lego Store, I'm not sure but I know I've seen it in at least one. I'm with you though, I'm probably not going to be buying anymore Duplo sets as I don't really see the replay value in them.[/QUOTE]
I guess Target is what I meant, and the stores around here have either not started clearancing TS sets (LEGO or Duplo) or they are just at the first markdown. S@H has the TS crane on clearance, but that doesn't look like a very good set to me, I am hoping for the train, and it appears I missed my chance on the zoo, as it is now sold out.

what's a good 'buy' price for this set - Castle Trolls' Mountain Fortress (7097)?

it's at a walmart near me on sale for 70...

[quote name='scp89']what's a good 'buy' price for this set - Castle Trolls' Mountain Fortress (7097)?

it's at a walmart near me on sale for 70...[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you're interested in. I like fantasy castle, the MSRP was $100, and this set is pretty much OOP, so I'd buy it at 70. I know some people are still reporting seeing it at Target, but I haven't seen it anywhere since the Black Friday sale.

[quote name='skiizim']I used to be able to piece together my old sets from memory with out looking at the instructions. TRUE STORY, this was my first Lego http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6080-1 , I was 7 at the time and I was in the whittier/narrows earthquake, it was a bad a 6.9 or something like that. Long story short, I grabbed a trash bag and out all the things I could take I took that. Me and my sister refused to go into the house for 2 days but at least I had my castle.[/QUOTE]

FLOL I have that castle set, and the original yellow castle set (which I received on Christmas when I was probably around 5...though it says it came out in 1978 so that Christmas I would have been 3 going on 4). Now THAT was old school - the horses were made of bricks. I think I had most of the original sets with the first Lego men that had points of articulation (not the goofy body bricks with arm lumps though I had some of those as well). Those early space and Lego town sets like that first police and fire station.

BTW, anyone happen to have the Target DPCI # for the Darth Vader TIE fighter? I want to check the online inventory tracker, and Target.com doesn't appear to have a listing for it online.

I hit the Lego store at the Glendale galleria yesterday, but they are all wiped out on clearance (at least that's what the employees were telling me, who knows what they're holding in the back), and the Toy Story garbage truck, which they were pulling out dozens of from the back, still rang up $49.99.

Picked up a Troll Fortress for $70 at Target, along with three (30071) Toy Story 3 Army Jeep packet for $.39, and one (30040) Atlantis Octopus packet for $.39. YMMV, as the other packets of the Jeep I picked up were $3.99 because some had one UPC, and others had a different one. FYI, the UPC that rings as $.39 is 673419140539 item# 4593494. I was trying to pick up some additional ones for trades, etc.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Picked up a Troll Fortress for $70 at Target, along with three (30071) Toy Story 3 Army Jeep packet for $.39, and one (30040) Atlantis Octopus packet for $.39. YMMV, as the other packets of the Jeep I picked up were $3.99 because some had one UPC, and others had a different one. FYI, the UPC that rings as $.39 is 673419140539 item# 4593494. I was trying to pick up some additional ones for trades, etc.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking and hoping some of the discounted Christmas polybags slipped to the front of the store, where the other UPCs are at regular price. My understanding is that the bags for the clearance versions are wider.

[quote name='salty tbone']I've been looking and hoping some of the discounted Christmas polybags slipped to the front of the store, where the other UPCs are at regular price. My understanding is that the bags for the clearance versions are wider.[/QUOTE]

Yes, these are all wide rectangles. I think I may shoot back there tomorrow at lunch and pick up any more clearance ones I can find. I would have gone back out of the checkout line to find more, but I had my son with me and he was getting antsy. I think it's worth a return trip for $.39 each. I looked and looked and looked for any Star Wars packets, as the clearance rings up as Star Wars legos, but no dice. I'll ask an associate who looks like they'll actually help me if they will look in the back for any additional packet types.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Picked up a Troll Fortress for $70 at Target, along with three (30071) Toy Story 3 Army Jeep packet for $.39, and one (30040) Atlantis Octopus packet for $.39. YMMV, as the other packets of the Jeep I picked up were $3.99 because some had one UPC, and others had a different one. FYI, the UPC that rings as $.39 is 673419140539 item# 4593494. I was trying to pick up some additional ones for trades, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, keep an eye out on the packets and the prices. I was looking for these, too, but Target seems to already have folded up their holidays clearance. I found a bunch of them at the front end, but they were marked at $4 and scanned as such. Too bad.

My Target (Orem, UT) was FULLY stocked with LEGO clearance items today.

Gateway of the Squid $17
Power Miners Claw Catcher $17
Space Police Tow Truck $13
Space Police Galactic Enforcer $50
World Racer Boats $20-something

They had at least twelve of each set, scattered in clearance areas all over the store, under 30% off banners (prices are WITH the 30% off.) Picked up a Galactic Enforcer, just couldn't pass it up. I'm trying to decide whether to play the return-buy-cheaper game or just open it now.

Going back on the Duplo, that's how my wife told me we were having a baby, by giving me a Duplo set :)

We went to the Natick Lego store on Saturday to pick up the Duplo Zoo for $45 since safari is going to be our nursery theme. They still had some PoP sets, the Midi star destroyer and a couple of Home Ones. I ended up getting the Zoo, the Home One and the Battle of Alamut for $40.

I can't believe we're stocking up on Duplo and our kid's not even born yet :lol:

[quote name='cassidyarch']My Target (Orem, UT) was FULLY stocked with LEGO clearance items today.

Gateway of the Squid $17

They had at least twelve of each set, scattered in clearance areas all over the store, under 30% off banners (prices are WITH the 30% off.) Picked up a Galactic Enforcer, just couldn't pass it up. I'm trying to decide whether to play the return-buy-cheaper game or just open it now.[/QUOTE]

When you guys find clearanced Legos at Target are they usually scattered all over the store? Ive checked two Targets and came up with nothing. I didn't stray too far from the Lego section though so maybe thats the problem.

[quote name='encendido5']Going back on the Duplo, that's how my wife told me we were having a baby, by giving me a Duplo set :)

We went to the Natick Lego store on Saturday to pick up the Duplo Zoo for $45 since safari is going to be our nursery theme. They still had some PoP sets, the Midi star destroyer and a couple of Home Ones. I ended up getting the Zoo, the Home One and the Battle of Alamut for $40.

I can't believe we're stocking up on Duplo and our kid's not even born yet :lol:[/QUOTE]

A lot of the big sets I bought for my daughter I purchased before she could even give a damn about them.

lol@your wife, smart cookie. Ease you into news with something you like.

[quote name='becker4546']When you guys find clearanced Legos at Target are they usually scattered all over the store? Ive checked two Targets and came up with nothing. I didn't stray too far from the Lego section though so maybe thats the problem.[/QUOTE]

Yes, scattered ALL over the store, at least in and around the toy section of the store. I've found clearance Lego sets in and among the regular Lego aisle, as well as some store have had full aisles - 2 or 3 full aisles - of nothing but toy clearance. In these sections I've seen tons of sets. Literally hundreds of gateways of the Squid, LOL. Still not discounted enough though.

[quote name='encendido5']

We went to the Natick Lego store... Battle of Alamut for $40.
[/QUOTE]

Damn, I should have found a way to go there, I'd love that set.

[quote name='cassidyarch']My Target (Orem, UT) was FULLY stocked with LEGO clearance items today.

Gateway of the Squid $17

They had at least twelve of each set, scattered in clearance areas all over the store, under 30% off banners (prices are WITH the 30% off.) Picked up a Galactic Enforcer, just couldn't pass it up. I'm trying to decide whether to play the return-buy-cheaper game or just open it now.[/QUOTE]

Most of those are 50% off or more. I should get back up there and see if I can get a SP ship for $50.

Can any one else confirm that it's more than one store that has 50% off?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Damn, I should have found a way to go there, I'd love that set.

Most of those are 50% off or more. I should get back up there and see if I can get a SP ship for $50.

Can any one else confirm that it's more than one store that has 50% off?[/QUOTE]

The Galactic Enforcer at the Target I went to today was $69. If it was $50, I might have bought that instead of the Troll Fortress.

^ Yeah I was at one Wednesday and it was $70, for $50 I'll buy it in a second. I have a big castle, a train but never got a big space ship. It be the frosting on my childhood dream to get a huge space ship. :)

It's ok bigdaddy, we all can't have a big spaceship somebody does have to have a little one. >_<

On the topic, I've only seen the Galactic Enforcers at 2 Targets. The one I was at today I didn't scan but had the sign for $70.

[quote name='skiizim']It's ok bigdaddy, we all can't have a big spaceship somebody does have to have a little one. >_

I gave up and opened it. $50 is a great price for such a big ship. Just put it together, highly recommended. VERY reminiscent of the old 80's super-ships.

My Target has two dedicated toy clearance aisles now (just post Xmas, I'm sure it'll only be there for a few more weeks.) And then endcappers, particularly ones that face the walls--they seem to want to keep the clearance stuff out of view. I also came across a Fallout 3 GOTY edition for $18, but I took a pass. Xmas backlog is too big. Plus DEAD SPACE 2 pre-order is out in less than 2 weeks. (HA! That's the first time I've talked games on this site in months! Love this LEGO thread!)

[quote name='becker4546']When you guys find clearanced Legos at Target are they usually scattered all over the store? Ive checked two Targets and came up with nothing. I didn't stray too far from the Lego section though so maybe thats the problem.[/QUOTE]

Usually, if I'm lucky enough to find anything at all pertaining to LEGOs, they are scattered about the toy section of the store. Today, though, in the Linden, NJ store, I actually found a whole aisle dedicated to toy clearance, and they had a bunch of LEGO stuff.

[quote name='skiizim']A lot of the big sets I bought for my daughter I purchased before she could even give a damn about them.

lol@your wife, smart cookie. Ease you into news with something you like.[/QUOTE]

I think that's how we're going to be too since we're buying up all the clearance baby clothes and other stuff now. There's going to be nothing left for people to buy for the baby shower :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Damn, I should have found a way to go there, I'd love that set.

Can any one else confirm that it's more than one store that has 50% off?[/QUOTE
I saw the SP ship for $50 at my store, a bunch of them.

[quote name='skiizim']I used to be able to piece together my old sets from memory with out looking at the instructions. TRUE STORY, this was my first Lego http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6080-1 , I was 7 at the time and I was in the whittier/narrows earthquake, it was a bad a 6.9 or something like that. Long story short, I grabbed a trash bag and out all the things I could take I took that. Me and my sister refused to go into the house for 2 days but at least I had my castle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I used to be able to do that with several sets too. The space shuttle (1682), King's Mountain Fortress (6081) and Caribbean Clipper (6274) come to mind, as well as some other smaller sets.

Be damned if I could even attempt that these days, either based on more complex sets, or the fact that my mind is gone.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I don't remember being a spoiled 11 year old, but I clearly must've been:
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6957-1
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6984-1

Still have most, if not all, the pieces. Not sure about the manuals...[/QUOTE]

Those are cool. I still have most of the early/classic space sets, stuff like the Galaxy Explorer on up to Blacktron 1 and the monorail. Here are some of the bigger/more notable ones...I have to dig these out of storage. Damn now I *really* feel like an overpriviliged/spoiled child.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6980-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6987-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6990-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6930-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6954-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6970-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6971-1

Here's one of the original yellow astronaut aka "cosmonaut" sets...still have the box for this one.

[quote name='mickeyp']
I saw the SP ship for $50 at my store, a bunch of them.[/QUOTE]

Damn I was just at one Wednesday why couldn't it be so cheap last week? Now if they have one it I will have to carry it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back