List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

They have given one free Gamertag change ever since they started randomly assigning a Gamertag for you rather than letting you choose your own name.

so, if my account is older than that, can I now change mine for free? Cause when they first started the random gts, it didn't work.

They have given one free Gamertag change ever since they started randomly assigning a Gamertag for you rather than letting you choose your own name.

for people can't found the call of duty ad for the suit enter in a canadian account you can see the ad immediately and do the two controlers trick to get the covert sentinel suit :D.

psd: Anyone know in what region i can still found  the Boomco avatar props :( please TwT this is the only prop i can't get :/

For Shadow of Mordor, there's a free DLC - Power of Shadow for XBOX One.

LouieT posted this in the PS thread, though it's also free on XBOX.

Someone will come along with better linking skillz than me (or, ya know, search).

Jack in the box ad w/ jack helmet is popping out for me again. So if you missed it, here's another chance I guess!

Also baymax ad is now on the grid(not sure if it's been mentioned), along with the skittles(avatar shirt) and Star Wars(helmet) ad. Btw, is there supposed to be an avatar prop in the new skittles ad(Halloween)? It says free prop but as far as I can tell, it's still the shirt.

Jack in the box ad w/ jack helmet is popping out for me again. So if you missed it, here's another chance I guess!

Also baymax ad is now on the grid(not sure if it's been mentioned), along with the skittles(avatar shirt) and Star Wars(helmet) ad. Btw, is there supposed to be an avatar prop in the new skittles ad(Halloween)? It says free prop but as far as I can tell, it's still the shirt.
Thanks for the info. The Big Hero 6 Baymax prop can also easily be gotten at http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Big-Hero-6/00001000-7510-d223-c04c-ad9a58570b77

The Slim Jim ad has a free avatar shirt. It's the same one from a few years back. I also noticed that they have a Paperboy clone game in the ad. You deliver Slim Jims instead of newspapers. It even has a two player mode. I'm not sure if you get anything special from getting a high score. I just played it for a bit. I guess there is supposed to be a another retro game coming soon to the Slim Jim ad.

How do you know about the Halloween prop from the Skittles ad? I didn't see any mention of that in the Skittles ad in The Grid.

Oh and there is an ad for the History Channel's The Curse of Oak Island TV Show. There is a video that says if you watch it you will have a chance to instantly win a prize. Well I watched the video and it said I won. I checked my e-mail and I got a $10 Xbox Promotional Gift Card.

Oh and and this is sort of off topic, but I noticed that they have the entire first season of The Curse of Oak Island TV show for unlocked for free via the History Channel app.

Also available on their website http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

Oh yeah, and if you go to the LeBrons ad (in The Grid) and then go to "Discover A World Like No Other", it will take you to the U.S. Army ad and you can get a free U.S. Army Combat Uniform avatar outfit.

The U.S. Marines ad (in the Grid) has the same ol' Marine Corp T-Shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
for people can't found the call of duty ad for the suit enter in a canadian account you can see the ad immediately and do the two controlers trick to get the covert sentinel suit :D.

psd: Anyone know in what region i can still found the Boomco avatar props :( please TwT this is the only prop i can't get :/
I saw this Boomco and COD ads on the Canadian dashboard (English version) this morning. Don't forget there are two guns you can get from that ad. A blue one and a red one. One of them you must shoot a target to unlock.

I believe they are region free, so you should be able to download for another profile using the "two controller trick".

Btw, is there supposed to be an avatar prop in the new skittles ad(Halloween)? It says free prop but as far as I can tell, it's still the shirt.
I found the ad you are referring to. I wonder if there really is a prop or if it is just for the shirt that has always been available. Advertisers often use the term "prop" incorrectly to describe any avatar item. It would be nice if it was a prop of that spider shown in the ad picture. Crossing my fingers that the ad gets updated and a prop is added. :)

skittles.jpg

I found the ad you are referring to. I wonder if there really is a prop or if it is just for the shirt that has always been available. Advertisers often use the term "prop" incorrectly to describe any avatar item. It would be nice if it was a prop of that spider shown in the ad picture. Crossing my fingers that the ad gets updated and a prop is added. :)

skittles.jpg
WTF is that in the WTF category? O_O

Volgarr the Viking, the newest ID@Xbox game, will debut on Xbox One as a free download. For Xbox One gamers, this is a journey back to the days of yore, when times were tougher, and you really only needed a couple buttons to play a game.

volgarr_screen_04.png

On Xbox 360, starting Saturday, November 1st, Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise ($14.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through November 15th.
Then on October 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Red Faction: Guerrilla ($19.99 ERP) for free through November 30th

So a side-scroller Sega Genesis looking game for the next gen Xbox One. It's probably a great game, but I know the Sony fanboys are laughing at us. :p

Looks like other countries are getting Powerstar Golf instead.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-novembers-games-with-gold-are-no-turkeys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

Nice that they decided to add another non M-Rated game. Not my cup of tea, but the kids might enjoy the Viva game.

Red Faction Guerrilla looks interesting. For some reason it reminds me of Total Recall (the Ahnold version). "Get Your Ass To Mars"

I don't own any of these, so that's good. :)

[quote name="SEGA128DC" post="12198910" timestamp="1414742402"]Hmm, I have the retail version of Alice: Madness Returns, will I still be able to play American McGee's Alice as DLC?...[/quote]
Yup its just that the dlc is only playable via madness returns

The Call of Duty ad now has an Atlas Soldier Avatar Suit you can unlock when you play the game trailer. If you are having a hard time finding the ad, try a Canadian account and do the "two controller trick". It works for my US account.

thumblg.png

Ok, kinda sorta Xbox related.

If you link your Google account to http://www.disneymoviesanywhere.com/ you can get Wreck-It Ralph for free. You can then watch it via the YouTube app on your Xbox. Just log into the YouTube app with your Google Play account and then under Purchases there will be Wreck-It Ralph. It works.

Oh and if you add the new Google Play channel to your Roku and link your Google account you can get the X-Men (2000) movie for free. That can also be played via the YouTube Xbox app.

http://blog.roku.com/blog/2014/10/31/new-on-roku-google-play/

Lots of free Google Play TV shows available as well.

https://play.google.com/store/movies/collection/topselling_free_episode

Two more free outfits for D4: Beard Set #4 and Happy Wars clothing.

Also, 1990 Subaru Legacy RS is free to :xb1: owners of Forza Horizons 2

Free closed beta keys for The Crew on Xbox One and PS4. Saw this on SD tonight.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/759523-the-crew-closed-beta-keys
So I clicked the link to get the code, then copied it.

I then tried to log in to Uplay and my log in won't work. It sends me a new email but I don't get it.

I then made a new Uplay account and realized it closed my beta key window out, so I opened it back up and it wouldn't let me have another. Tried it on a laptop, NOPE.

Turned the phone off wifi and got a new one.

TL;DR If you screw up and lose your code, use your phone will connected to cell data to get a new one.

So I clicked the link to get the code, then copied it.

I then tried to log in to Uplay and my log in won't work. It sends me a new email but I don't get it.

I then made a new Uplay account and realized it closed my beta key window out, so I opened it back up and it wouldn't let me have another. Tried it on a laptop, NOPE.

Turned the phone off wifi and got a new one.

TL;DR If you screw up and lose your code, use your phone will connected to cell data to get a new one.
I had some issues via PC browser as well. For some reason the pop-out window asking for my uPlay login would not accept my info. I fixed it by opening the main uPlay site in another window, logging in normally, then refreshing The Crew Beta page. Fixed.

I had some issues via PC browser as well. For some reason the pop-out window asking for my uPlay login would not accept my info. I fixed it by opening the main uPlay site in another window, logging in normally, then refreshing The Crew Beta page. Fixed.
After all that my old Uplay auto signed into the Xbox One (I still don't know the log in for it, as it won't send me a password reset email), but I never got the email for the beta. Guess I'll just wait for the game and rent it.

Automata is free to rent from Xbox Video this weekend. When I hit play it told me that I had 13 days left to watch so I guess it's like any other rental and if you hit play now while it's free you can watch it later at your leisure. This movie didn't get a great reception, but it's a very recent release and one that I was interested in after seeing the trailer, so getting it free right now is pretty nice.

In a future where Earth's ecosystem verges on collapse, man-made robots roam the cities to protect dwindling human life. When a robot overrides a key protocol put in place to protect human life, ROC Robotics insurance agent Jacq Vaucan (Antonio Banderas) is assigned to locate the source of the manipulation and eliminate the threat. What he discovers leads Vaucan, ROC Robotics and the police into a battle with profound consequences for the future of humanity.

bread's done
Back