List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked all the three new games (strania, wakfu, rushnattack) in all regions - no free games today :(

Unless you need to login to see the FREE instead of XXXX MSP.

Btw.. maybe somebody don't like the Swarm and would like to exchange it to Ghostbusters?

If you're interested in such trade, please PM me.

Thanks!!!

[quote name='bullka']I checked all the three new games (strania, wakfu, rushnattack) in all regions - no free games today :([/QUOTE]

The jig is up! :whee:

[quote name='bullka']Btw.. maybe somebody don't like the Swarm and would like to exchange it to Ghostbusters?

If you're interested in such trade, please PM me.

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

I'm willing to as long it hasn't been downloaded

[quote name='MissAriel']I'm willing to as long it hasn't been downloaded[/QUOTE]

i dont think thats possible. Its not free anymore so if you were to try to download it now on the account you made you wouldnt be able to. Plus the game would be tied to his system I believe so you would only have access to the demo. Ive had my friend try to bring over his arcade games before by saving them onto usb drive and I only had access to the demos.

This is not a trading thread...

But just so you know, you can still download it if you purchased it through the website when it was free as long as you have not signed into the account with your xbox, then it would be tied to the console (you could still transfer the rights though). Also for your friends games on USB, if he would have signed into his account with your xbox the games would work. They are trials on your account because your console does not own the digital rights.

Proof:
This game is still in my pending DL list.
575776.png

I just downloaded the trial of Strania and when I play the trial of it, it shows up on my achievement list. Free game glitch?

[quote name='Cheddahz']I just downloaded the trial of Strania and when I play the trial of it, it shows up on my achievement list. Free game glitch?[/QUOTE]
I'm trying right now i'll let you know if it works.

Edit: Nope, Didn't show up for me.

[quote name='Cheddahz']I just downloaded the trial of Strania and when I play the trial of it, it shows up on my achievement list. Free game glitch?[/QUOTE]

It's not showing up under your played games on xbox.com.

[quote name='louiedog']It's not showing up under your played games on xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

I decided to delate it off my played games to see if it would work again. It didn't

[quote name='Cheddahz']I just downloaded the trial of Strania and when I play the trial of it, it shows up on my achievement list. Free game glitch?[/QUOTE]When the Xbox 360 came out, XBLA trials/demos used to show up on your achievement list, but you were unable to earn achievements.

If you were able to earn achievements with a trial/demo, then yes, it would be a glitch.

[quote name='Cheddahz']I decided to delate it off my played games to see if it would work again. It didn't[/QUOTE]Doesn't matter if you can't earn achievements anyway. The 0% achievement list will just hurt your completion percentage; in which case, it would be better to just remove it.

I know it is off topic and sorry but can someone point me to a tut on how to remove games from my list? There are games I tried but would never buy. Thx!

[quote name='Racer1309']I know it is off topic and sorry but can someone point me to a tut on how to remove games from my list? There are games I tried but would never buy. Thx![/QUOTE]
There is an Inside Xbox vid where they show how. Look it up on your Xbox.

[quote name='Racer1309']I know it is off topic and sorry but can someone point me to a tut on how to remove games from my list? There are games I tried but would never buy. Thx![/QUOTE]

If you've never earned achievements from them, open your guide menu and go over to Achievements. Go down the list and games you haven't earned any in can be remove by hitting X when you select them.

well...since i cant post on the trading forums i try my luck here. i would trade 1 unused swarm account (xbox360) + 1 unused ghostbusters account (xbox360) + xbox wireless controller avatar item (xbox360) + gears of war 3 beta code (25th april xbox360 code) + battlefield play4free beta code (pc) + killzone 3 retro map pack (ps3) + infamous 2 Sniper Blast (PS3) for 800 MS Points (US/UK points).

i cant buy gears 2 all fronts here in germany so i have to get ms points for another country that i can buy it there by using a vpn connection.

and if you need...i can also give a 48h gold code.

[quote name='Drizzt87']well...since i cant post on the trading forums i try my luck here. i would trade 1 unused swarm account (xbox360) + 1 unused ghostbusters account (xbox360) + xbox wireless controller avatar item (xbox360) + gears of war 3 beta code (25th april xbox360 code) + battlefield play4free beta code (pc) + killzone 3 retro map pack (ps3) + infamous 2 Sniper Blast (PS3) for 800 MS Points (US/UK points).

i cant buy gears 2 all fronts here in germany so i have to get ms points for another country that i can buy it there by using a vpn connection.

and if you need...i can also give a 48h gold code.[/QUOTE]

This is not a trading thread. You can't post there because you're new. Hang out a bit, get to know the site, and you'll be allowed to trade. Cluttering up other threads with your junk is not the way to do that.

[quote name='OrganicTissue77']Here is few I have found, you guys know any? Please post what you found.

Harms Way
Doritos Crash Course
Aegis Wing[/QUOTE]

=( :hot:

[quote name='OrganicTissue77']Here is few I have found, you guys know any? Please post what you found.

Harms Way
Doritos Crash Course
Aegis Wing[/QUOTE]

Jesus dude, read the first post in the thread.

These people, I swear... :roll:

By the way, two new XBLA games are scheduled to be released this Wednesday. Let's hope one of them is released in some region for free, although it does seem like the free games are pretty sporadic.

Harms Way
Doritos Crash Course
Aegis Wing[/QUOTE]

lol...

For those who don't know how to get a free copy of Hexic HD: just call xbox support and start whining that you deleted it by accident and can't download it anymore (the game is not in the DL history and ask them for help.

They will give you a code for Hexic HD.

If you know other games which could be obtained this way - please let us all know.

Thanks!

[quote name='bullka']For those who don't know how to get a free copy of Hexic HD: just call xbox support and start whining that you deleted it by accident and can't download it anymore (the game is not in the DL history and ask them for help.

If you know other games which could be obtained this way - please let us all know.
[/QUOTE]

Nice that you got it but every time I have called support they are complete idiots and have no idea what you are talking about. I've even gotten to tier 3, rock band export error, with no results... the guy on the other end was from India and never played RB ha... think maybe you got lucky.

[quote name='r3dreck']Nice that you got it but every time I have called support they are complete idiots and have no idea what you are talking about. I've even gotten to tier 3, rock band export error, with no results... the guy on the other end was from India and never played RB ha... think maybe you got lucky.[/QUOTE]

I'm not from UK but my account's region is UK. So I call to UK support and always get a fluent English speaking consultant. I often need to ask them to repeat in more simple words (coz my native is not English) :) But so far - no problem with UK xbox support. Never got to talk to Indians :D

Except that I need to make an international call and wait few minutes till somebody picks up the phone :D

[quote name='bullka']For those who don't know how to get a free copy of Hexic HD: just call xbox support and start whining that you deleted it by accident and can't download it anymore (the game is not in the DL history and ask them for help.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ummm... no. lol
It's fine when there are random free things in the marketplace and all, but to lie to get something you want, isn't worth it.

[quote name='l33t fr0g']lie to get something you want, isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

In my case - it's not a lie. All xbox original hard disks comes with Hexic HD. The first thing I did with my HDD - I formated it and lost of the preinstalled content. So I called to support asking how to get it back.

If you have a console with hard disk (not an Arcade model) - you have full rights to call to Xbox support and ask for Hexic HD. No lies.

Harms Way
Doritos Crash Course
Aegis Wing[/QUOTE]Those are all totally free games from a long time ago, so it is not surprising that people are reacting like you live under a rock.

Google the "Aegis Wing, Hexic HD, Dash of Destruction, Totem Ball, Yaris" thread from Digiex, and burn the ISO to a disc, or put it onto a USB flash drive.

Doritos Crash Course is a newer game that is not included in the ISO, however.

[quote name='l33t fr0g']Ummm... no. lol
It's fine when there are random free things in the marketplace and all, but to lie to get something you want, isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]You don't have to lie. Just Google the ISO, and burn it to a disc, or put it onto a USB flash drive.
This may be a lot faster and more convenient than picking up the phone to customer service.

EDIT:
[quote name='yatesl']Instead of messing about with USB sticks or customer service, you can now apparently download it straight from the marketplace.

Hexic HD[/QUOTE]:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hexic HD used to be completely restricted to the HDD, unable to be moved to another storage device.

Something I discovered recently, you can now move (not copy) Hexic HD to an external storage device using the recently updated transfer process. Just select the HDD option to "Transfer Content" and select Hexic HD to be transferred.

I don't think Hexic HD can be individually selected from within the HDD directory, you must use the "Transfer Content" option.

The same also applies to content that is preloaded on Memory Units (Worms. Geometry Wars, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow I feel that copying games to USB from the internet is not very legal. Sounds like a modding to me. I prefer downloading them from Marketplace or using the Code (if they're not available in the marketplace.

Instead of messing about with USB sticks or customer service, you can now apparently download it straight from the marketplace.

Hexic HD

[quote name='bullka']Somehow I feel that copying games to USB from the internet is not very legal. Sounds like a modding to me. I prefer downloading them from Marketplace or using the Code (if they're not available in the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

It's no more 'illegal' that downloading a game from another region (i.e. downloading Aegis Wing to a UK address).

[quote name='yatesl']Instead of messing about with USB sticks or customer service, you can now apparently download it straight from the marketplace.

Hexic HD[/QUOTE]Nice, you can officially bypass customer service!

However, I like the disc/USB flash drive option because my 20 GB Xbox 360 hard drive has only 200 MB free space. I'm not going to waste space on an arcade game! Why not just put it onto a disc or USB flash drive? This saves a bunch of space, especially when some XBLA games are now greater than 2 GB each!

[quote name='yatesl']It's no more 'illegal' that downloading a game from another region (i.e. downloading Aegis Wing to a UK address).[/QUOTE]XBLA games are meant to be shared. Otherwise, Microsoft would have removed or disabled the "Copy" and "Move" options for XBLA games. Microsoft wants you to spread XBLA games to other friends because they will show up as trials. For example, you can put a game onto a USB flash drive and then go over to a friend's house to play. Your friend can now try the game and buy it later without re-downloading. Microsoft wants this to be simple.

[quote name='bullka']Somehow I feel that copying games to USB from the internet is not very legal. Sounds like a modding to me. I prefer downloading them from Marketplace or using the Code (if they're not available in the marketplace.[/QUOTE]It is not modding. You are not modifying any files at all. You are just copying them, which is what Microsoft allows with the "Copy" and "Move" functions.

Getting the XBLA game unmodified from the Internet is the same as getting it unmodified from your friend.

On the other hand, if you were modifying the XBLA files from trial to full without paying, then yes, this is modding, and this requires a modded console. Microsoft does not want this.

[quote name='XP1']

It is not modding. You are not modifying any files at all. You are just copying them, which is what Microsoft allows with the "Copy" and "Move" functions.

Getting the XBLA game unmodified from the Internet is the same as getting it unmodified from your friend.

On the other hand, if you were modifying the XBLA files from trial to full without paying, then yes, this is modding, and this requires a modded console. Microsoft does not want this.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but xbox uses it's own file system to store content which is not readable normally in the PC. Once you format the USB memory stick in Xbox to use it, Xbox changes the file system.

I didn't know that you can put Xbox content on a normal FAT/FAT32/NTFS. That's strange.

That's why I thought it should be somehow modified.

[quote name='bullka']Correct me if I'm wrong, but xbox uses it's own file system to store content which is not readable normally in the PC. Once you format the USB memory stick in Xbox to use it, Xbox changes the file system.[/QUOTE]Correct.

[quote name='bullka']I didn't know that you can put Xbox content on a normal FAT/FAT32/NTFS. That's strange.[/QUOTE]The Xbox 360 uses FATX, which is modified FAT.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FATX

Even though the OS doesn't natively support it, there are programs that can read and write FATX, so you would not put the XBLA game on normal FAT/FAT32/NTFS.

For discs, the Xbox 360 simply reads the CD's or DVD's standard file system, readable on any computer natively.

[quote name='bullka']That's why I thought it should be somehow modified.[/QUOTE]It's not modified if the files aren't modified. They are exactly the same, just using a third-party tool to read and write to the file system.

Didn't this come with XBoxes free a few years ago? Pretty sure I have this on my HD and never bought it. Either way, good find for those that don't have it!

EDIT: Wow, I didn't even read the last page of the thread.

[quote name='XP1']

It's not modified if the files aren't modified. They are exactly the same, just using a third-party tool to read and write to the file system.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
Everything's clear now.
The only doubt left is - how MS tolerates usage of those third party tools. If files are not modified and correctly placed in the fatx file system, most probably this is totally transparent and MS won't log it as a mod.

This thread has now been "Wikified", feel free to put in XBL Marketplace content you find, or content that was previously found that I missed.

[quote name='yatesl']Instead of messing about with USB sticks or customer service, you can now apparently download it straight from the marketplace.[/quote]
Nice! Didn't realize it went free. Now, I can finally delete it of the HDD. It's so full that every megabyte counts.
[quote name='Nebenator']This thread has now been "Wikified", feel free to put in XBL Marketplace content you find, or content that was previously found that I missed.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that's very convenient. Hopefully members will exercise restraint and and not abuse the feature.

[quote name='Nebenator']This thread has now been "Wikified", feel free to put in XBL Marketplace content you find, or content that was previously found that I missed.[/QUOTE]Cool, is this a new forum feature? I haven't seen this before.

[quote name='XP1']Cool, is this a new forum feature? I haven't seen this before.[/QUOTE]
Check the front page news (new as of yesterday). Really useful considering one person can't be on top of things every minute.
(Also, edit button)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back