Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tetris splash is fun, online especially! Uno rush is fun too and is more fast paced than regular uno, it'll keep you going. Bejeweled 2 speaks for itself, lol..but I recall that on Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged (game disc) you can get it for less than $10 now used I think @ gamestop. It's got bejeweled 2, texas hold em poker and a couple of other games. I went that route instead but all the games on sale this week are worth a purchase.

Reshelled sucked. It wasn't broke, they didn't need to fix it.

I'll probably get X-Men. 10 bucks is certainly pushing it, but at least it's a good "30 minutes."

I think I'm going to pass on Tetris Splash, as no doubt there'll be a new, up-to-date version of the game. And I've got Tetris whatever on the Wii and it's a fine game, so I don't know why I need it on the Xbox, especially if it's dated.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It was released before MS lifted the 50mb cap they had on live. How is the game? I'm tempted to get this one myself.[/QUOTE]
As noted, just two modes. I think it's horribly overpriced at 800 points, but 400 points is fine. It's something I may try to 200/200 on and off when I feel like playing something simple. I can't be mad at spending 400 points since I got a ton of free points from Target long ago, but if you have Tetris on something else, you're probably fine with that.
(Except for online play, has anyone played this online? I haven't tried to find a game)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']
(Except for online play, has anyone played this online? I haven't tried to find a game)[/QUOTE]

I got in a free for all match with 3 other guys last night. 2 of them were playing horribly, the other was playing like a world Tetris champ. It was fun, but that dude was whipping ass so hard that I ended up going back to single player. I still haven't found a team match--if any CAGs want to try that out send me a PM.

[quote name='intoxicated662']well, look at how tmnt turtles in time reshelled came out. didn't take long to beat, was 800 ms points and had some pretty good features. I don't regret buying it I loved the game growing up but it went on sale quick so maybe that'll happen with x-men as well. That's the beauty of this, choice. Wait for it to go on sale or buy it @ launch. The only negative thing I can say about waiting for it to go on sale is that by then, there might not be anyone playing it online.[/QUOTE]

I agree, totally up to the person with the 800 points in hand, but I stand by my statement that I imagine more than a few people will buy it out of excitement and then be disappointed with how little game play they actually get from it. I base this largely on the fact that a couple of years ago I got this with an emulator on my PC, played it for a bit and then got bored. I will almost certainly buy this when it goes on sale, I can justify 400 to own a copy of one of my favorite games growing up, but after all the quarters it sucked out of my pockets as a child I'm taking a more conservative approach to it now.

Does anyone know if Sunset Riders is out in the Gameroom yet? I've been waiting ever since it was hinted, and I have no idea when cabinets get "released," and why they couldn't just make it available day one.

[quote name='lolwut?']Does anyone know if Sunset Riders is out in the Gameroom yet? I've been waiting ever since it was hinted, and I have no idea when cabinets get "released," and why they couldn't just make it available day one.[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow possibly, a leak for Game Pack 12 were released and it contained a few that were recently released, so tomorrow is a possible for sure.

I paid 10 bucks on PSN and dont regret it at all, and i plan to pay 800 on Xbox Live and still wont regret it.

I also hope Sunset Riders comes out ^_^, finally got my Bing Points so i have 330 spare. (Damn you odd numbers)

New game room games are up still no Sunset Riders :cry:

Missing In Action (Konami)
Food Fight (Atari)
Warlords (Atari)
Spiker! Volleyball (Intellivision)

[quote name='oemor']New game room games are up still no Sunset Riders :cry:

Missing In Action (Konami)
Food Fight (Atari)
Warlords (Atari)
Spiker! Volleyball (Intellivision)[/QUOTE]

Aw, they usually update this early?

For the Blazblue DLC, was going to download some of it since I might pick the game up today and noticed everything seems to be back up in price with the exception of Valkenhayn R. Hellsing which is still on sale for 320.

[quote name='JStryke']For the Blazblue DLC, was going to download some of it since I might pick the game up today and noticed everything seems to be back up in price with the exception of Valkenhayn R. Hellsing which is still on sale for 320.[/QUOTE]

If you took the time to check the dates on the first page you would see the rest of the DLC doesnt go on sale until the 20th of December, so you didnt miss it.

[quote name='Shimmerz']If you took the time to check the dates on the first page you would see the rest of the DLC doesnt go on sale until the 20th of December, so you didnt miss it.[/QUOTE]

Whoops. That's my goof then. For some reason, I thought when Valk was released, the other DLC went on sale then or shortly afterwards. I knew the ending date was in January, but didn't realize it didn't even start yet. :razz:

I loved Warlords back then, and they did a pretty good job with the Gameroom support. It uses the analog sticks to emulate the analog spinner, thus you move the stick in an arc to position your paddle. It doesn't work as well as the spinner, but it's pretty decent anyway and is fun. This was up several days ago as I tried it then. Food Fight is a game I always liked in the arcade too. Maybe i'll buy both of those. Hmm.

EDIT: turns out the new release is the Atari 2600 version - I played the arcade version. Why would anyone pick the 2600 version? Nostalgia, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't need to buy any games for awhile. My son loves the Free Crash Course game and ilomilo. Now I'll save the games I bought for Christmas for his birthday :)

[quote name='freeorelse']Now I'll save the games I bought for Christmas for his birthday :)[/QUOTE]

Are you taking Christmas away from your son?

[quote name='DypaehC']Are you taking Christmas away from your son?[/QUOTE]

Can't you read? His son is getting Christmas. Free games for an early Christmas. And I thought I was cheap.

[quote name='crunchewy']EDIT: turns out the new release is the Atari 2600 version - I played the arcade version. Why would anyone pick the 2600 version? Nostalgia, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Probably to temp players to double dip. If they released the arcade version first, who would buy the 2600 version down the road?

Still, it's one hell of a game. :)

[quote name='reddjoey']Another Promo:

ESPN College Bowl Showdown:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/xbox360pres...video-browsing-and-playlist-enhancements.aspx

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/showdown (Not Live yet)

I'm not going to list it in the OP as it's a contest, not a rebate or sale. I'm mentioning it here b/c you get an ESPN Avatar Jersey for participating and an Avatar ESPN Football Hat for watching a bowl game on ESPN3 App. It doesn't appear to be live yet, but I'll make another post when it does go live[/QUOTE]

When it does go live, can you post it in the OP? I don't wanna miss this once it's live!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']When it does go live, can you post it in the OP? I don't wanna miss this once it's live![/QUOTE]

Made a small note, at the bottom. BTW It's live. You will be prompted for and update. Oddly I was shown a commercial by Time Warner Cable Sports 32, then some programing, even though I have Cox

Last edited by a moderator:
Platoon the movie is 120 microsoft points right now (aka $1.50) to stream and it's SD quality, limited time I believe and available in the zune marketplace for xbox 360. It'll playback on your xbox 360 console, pc, zune player and windows phone 7 it states plus you can either Stream or Download it, choice is yours. HD version as a rental is 360 ms points.

[quote name='reddjoey']Another Promo:

ESPN College Bowl Showdown:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/xbox360pres...video-browsing-and-playlist-enhancements.aspx

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/showdown (Not Live yet)

I'm not going to list it in the OP as it's a contest, not a rebate or sale. I'm mentioning it here b/c you get an ESPN Avatar Jersey for participating and an Avatar ESPN Football Hat for watching a bowl game on ESPN3 App. It doesn't appear to be live yet, but I'll make another post when it does go live[/QUOTE]
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that I hate Time Warner. Oh, and don't pick Northwestern.

Too bad my ISP isn't one of the ESPN3.com providers. While I should be able to pick the individual games (and I've already entered the sweepstakes), I won't be able to watch any of the games through Live. I guess I'll just have to keep paying $4 a month as a satellite subscriber to get my ESPN fix.

A little off topic, but I just received 400 MSP from the Bing search bar program. Seems pretty good, since its about 400 points every 20 days, if you search daily.

I turn it into a bit of a Kevin Bacon game, I start with a search of something and then just click through the related searches till I get the 20 points.

I just went from AC: Brotherhood -> Allegany County Emergency Services

-

[quote name='gunstar808'] I start with a search of something and then just click through the related searches till I get the 20 points.

-[/QUOTE]

Seriously? 20 a day?!
I had a max of 6 and they upped it to 8 just recently.

[quote name='gunstar808']A little off topic, but I just received 400 MSP from the Bing search bar program. Seems pretty good, since its about 400 points every 20 days, if you search daily.

I turn it into a bit of a Kevin Bacon game, I start with a search of something and then just click through the related searches till I get the 20 points.

I just went from AC: Brotherhood -> Allegany County Emergency Services

-[/QUOTE]

grrr I have points from october that haven't arrived yet

[quote name='adiras']Major Nelson just posted the upcoming deals on his blog:

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/12/16/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-dec-16-2010.aspx[/QUOTE]

wow glad i didn't get my hopes up for limbo, perfect dark and monday night combat because NONE of those are on his blog post. oh well.....kinda annoying that castle crashers is discounted AGAIN this year and it was 560 points last year. not to mention some of the games are only 33% off. this is nothing like the black friday sales. nothing over 50% off.....

[quote name='bsmiff']Beat me to it! Definitely picking up Afterburner Climax at 400 MSP.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I saw you post and delete. :p

several of those have already been on sale. with such a huge catalog, thats odd. and id get claptrap except id have to rebuy borderlands AGAIN, comic jumper and toy soldiers seem to be the good ones for me. MAYBE undergarden for 400

[quote name='Cameron4All']Seriously? 20 a day?!
I had a max of 6 and they upped it to 8 just recently.[/QUOTE]

From what I have seen on this program, how early you signed up has some bearing on how many points you can earn a day. Some friends I told about this earn 10 points a day while I am currently getting 25 points a day.

[quote name='chipper_95']wow glad i didn't get my hopes up for limbo, perfect dark and monday night combat because NONE of those are on his blog post. oh well.....kinda annoying that castle crashers is discounted AGAIN this year and it was 560 points last year. not to mention some of the games are only 33% off. this is nothing like the black friday sales. nothing over 50% off.....[/QUOTE]

... those aren't the daily deals. Those deals are going to be there PLUS the surprise sales each day.

[quote name='Kaltic']... those aren't the daily deals. Those deals are going to be there PLUS the surprise sales each day.[/QUOTE]
I sure hope so... those blow. And they don't match the clues from the OP.

[quote name='simmias']I sure hope so... those blow. And they don't match the clues from the OP.[/QUOTE]

Did nobody else actually read the blog? He clearly states that there are daily deals plus 11 items that will be on sale for the duration of the campaign...

EDIT: Seriously here is a quote...

"Celebrate the countdown to the New Year on Xbox LIVE.
Get ready for your New Year’s Celebration with great entertainment and daily special offers from Xbox LIVE. From December 21 through December 31, we’ll have a new Xbox LIVE Marketplace deal every day. I’ll be posting the daily deals here on my blog and on twitter. In addition to the surprise daily offers, we’ll host 11 unique offers (see below) that will be available for the duration of the campaign."

[quote name='Kaltic']Did nobody else actually read the blog? He clearly states that there are daily deals plus 11 items that will be on sale for the duration of the campaign...[/QUOTE]
Yup, was just coming back to edit my post with the text. :p

[quote name='Kaltic']... those aren't the daily deals. Those deals are going to be there PLUS the surprise sales each day.[/QUOTE]

lol wow i fail. you are right. i read through it but didn't process that these deals are in addition to the daily deals. ok i am not so mad now haha.

I'll be in for Comic Jumper and Claptrap's Robot Revolution. Here's hoping Deathspank is one of the one day sales! (I'd also take L4D's The Sacrifice at a discounted price as well...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back