Live Se-- CLUB BING Thread 3 *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone ordered the zune headphones lately and received them? are they the ones with the rubber wires or the fabric like ones? cuz i got them b4 in june and they were the ones with the rubber wires and they broke already -_-.

[quote name='jdm_cHiGGa']has anyone ordered the zune headphones lately and received them? are they the ones with the rubber wires or the fabric like ones? cuz i got them b4 in june and they were the ones with the rubber wires and they broke already -_-.[/quote]
I ordered them recently and the ones that ship now come with the fabric wires. They sound great.

[quote name='neverletthem']This. It's free, why are you complaining? It's not like you payed $200, and found out your 360 was a refurb. Then you have a right to complain. But something you got from playing games? As long as the thing works, why does it matter?

On a different note, after not playing for a while, I'm ten days away from getting the PowerShot camera. Anyone who has gotten it, I've played around with one at BestBuy, and it seems good. Amazon reviews are favorable. Do you like the camera, if you got one? Is it good?[/quote]

Yeah I got mine from LSC back in august.. I would recommend this camera to everyone. They recently came out with a newer model but it has the same features. It's fast, small and very user friendly. Also I got it when it furst came out and mine was NEW

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']I ordered them recently and the ones that ship now come with the fabric wires. They sound great.[/quote]

o ok thanks, i think i will order them now

[quote name='erehwon']I put my copy of Office Ultimate up on ebay just now. I have it set at $280 or best offer with free shipping and insurance. I'm hoping someone will make an offer. I like haggling better than auctions any way. Guess I've spent too much time in the yard sale thread.[/quote]

Fail. You placed a Academic version which is worth far less than the other Office Ultimate.

[quote name='heyitzme']Fail. You placed a Academic version which is worth far less than the other Office Ultimate.[/QUOTE]

what exactly are the differences?

[quote name='Oktoberfest']what exactly are the differences?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know as well. I did set it high, but I did put it as best offer. I just want to get a little over $200, but if I can get more, I'll try.

[quote name='mwc547']its gonna suck if i put a lot of time into this and get nothing out of it, planning to knock off a christmas present with this[/quote]

You will get your item, but be patient. The company now is sending out items a WHOLE lot better that the last one.

[quote name='KiLL3r']I have a question, Do they send out games in a box or in bubble mailer?[/quote]
i think its a bubble mailer. Didn't really check when i got my stuff

I know my webcam came in a box with a sheet of brown paper, since that would help save my webcam from being destroyed..

for me Kameo , PGR 3 , Flight Simulator X Deluxe , and Blue Dragon all came in a bubble mailer packaging but Halo 2 and Rock Band ( this one was obvious though ) came in a box instead.

I was disappointed when I ordered it and it had the windows vista picture of halo 2 thinking I was gonna get the vista version but I ended up with the xbox version X_X

I think he means like sell the account to someone and they can get anything from the points, so basically sell his points for someone else to redeem something but it would stil be under his account...

I was searching for listings on eBay for the camera and I came across an account for sale. It was at 40,000 and the seller was providing the winner with the account info and password. The highest bid was around $35 with less than a day left. I forgot to check back on it. This was maybe a month ago.

[quote name='VioletArrows']A flagged account wouldn't be zero-ed out?[/quote]

Nope, happens all the time where accounts are flagged. Prizes get ordered but never sent.

[quote name='neverletthem']This. It's free, why are you complaining? It's not like you payed $200, and found out your 360 was a refurb. Then you have a right to complain. But something you got from playing games? As long as the thing works, why does it matter?

On a different note, after not playing for a while, I'm ten days away from getting the PowerShot camera. Anyone who has gotten it, I've played around with one at BestBuy, and it seems good. Amazon reviews are favorable. Do you like the camera, if you got one? Is it good?[/quote]

Since I originally posted the question I figure I should respond. While it's true that I didn't shell out $200 for it, I did spend about 100 hours to get the 55k points (I suck at typing :eek:P), which translate to something like $500 (assuming $5/hour, which is below minimum wage in CA). Also, it's not like MS is giving this away. They're using me to increase their share of the search market which gets them more advertising money. At the end of the day, if they had put on the prize detail that it's a refurb, then I would not have cared, but since they didn't, well, I expect a new item. Also, the track record for Xbox 360 failing does not help, and on top of that, what kind of warranty can I expect to get for a 2 year old console?

On another note, the Powershot is an awesome camera and I would have gotten that if I didn't already have it.

[quote name='ChoCoBoI']just got enough points for vista! how long you'd think itll take? i hope it gets here :p[/quote]
I'm in Ohio, so I get stuff 2 business days after shipping, and I got my Vista in 6 days.
[quote name='pitfallharry219']I was searching for listings on eBay for the camera and I came across an account for sale. It was at 40,000 and the seller was providing the winner with the account info and password. The highest bid was around $35 with less than a day left. I forgot to check back on it. This was maybe a month ago.[/quote]
I know people used to sell their accounts on ebay, back when bots were so popular (last year when accounts got zeroed). I'm guessing it was a legit account being sold, it'd be all kinds of fraud if it wasn't, and you can be fraudulent so many different ways on eBay, why do it with a bad LSC account?

[quote name='erehwon']I would like to know as well. I did set it high, but I did put it as best offer. I just want to get a little over $200, but if I can get more, I'll try.[/quote]
From MS site:
Qualified education users can receive special discounts on boxed, retail versions of Microsoft software by acquiring the Academic Edition full packaged product (FPP). The Academic Edition FPP is the same powerful, fully-functional software as the regular retail version. The only differences are the Academic Edition label and the discount price.
Are you eligible?

To acquire the Academic Edition FPP, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. Most educational institutions, faculty, staff members, and students qualify.
Basically, they're giving away something they shouldn't, if we're not eligible to use it, how can they give it away to us? Stupid M$...

[quote name='steelsmack']I know people used to sell their accounts on ebay, back when bots were so popular (last year when accounts got zeroed). I'm guessing it was a legit account being sold, it'd be all kinds of fraud if it wasn't, and you can be fraudulent so many different ways on eBay, why do it with a bad LSC account?[/quote]

Well, here's my take on the subject. Why would you sell an account that had 40k on it, when you could receive the prize and sell the prize for much more?

Here is a timeline of what I see could very well happen.

1. High bidder wins auction, and pays via paypal.
2. Seller hands over account info after receiving payment.
3. Winner chooses prize and orders it. Order confirmation states item can take up to 6-8 weeks to receive.
4. 8 weeks pass, and auction winner never receives prize from LSC. After further contacting LSC, he finds out that the account was flagged due to a violation of their TOS for cheating.
5. Auction winner contacts auction seller, and seller never responds. He then contacts Paypal, only to be told that he is past his "45 day" grace period, and that they will no longer be able to assist him further.
6. Winner realizes he is out whatever it is he paid for the account.

Just play legit, and you don't have to worry.

[quote name='steelsmack']From MS site:

Basically, they're giving away something they shouldn't, if we're not eligible to use it, how can they give it away to us? Stupid M$...[/quote]

Well, the eligibility requirements that were posted talk about acquiring it, not using it. You're not allowed to walk into a college bookstore and buy it, but if MS gives you a copy you're allowed to use it.

[quote name='louiedog']Well, the eligibility requirements that were posted talk about acquiring it, not using it. You're not allowed to walk into a college bookstore and buy it, but if MS gives you a copy you're allowed to use it.[/quote]
So we're illegally acquiring it then. That's even better...

[quote name='Meiji']I think if Microsoft owns the product, they can give it to whomever they please.[/quote]
The problem is, even though this is Microsoft, it really isn't...

[quote name='steelsmack']So we're illegally acquiring it then. That's even better...[/quote]

um... no...

There's no law restricting sales, purchases, or possession of student copies of software. Microsoft has agreements with vendors. They're not supposed to sell student software to ineligible people. Microsoft can give their software to whomever they please. They gave it to you, it's fine.

[quote name='louiedog']um... no...

There's no law restricting sales, purchases, or possession of student copies of software. Microsoft has agreements with vendors. They're not supposed to sell student software to ineligible people. Microsoft can give their software to whomever they please. They gave it to you, it's fine.[/quote]
My point is, without their knowledge of me being a student/teacher/faculty member/etc, they shouldn't be sending me an academic version. My wife is a preschool teacher and we homeschool our oldest kid, so we would definitely qualify, but that isn't the point. This is an academic version, they shouldn't be shipping it to people they aren't sure meet the "eligibility requirements". I'm not ordering Office Ultimate anytime soon anyway, but just like everything else on LSC lately, your ticket value is being greatly reduced, and that ticks me off...

[quote name='steelsmack']My point is, without their knowledge of me being a student/teacher/faculty member/etc, they shouldn't be sending me an academic version. My wife is a preschool teacher and we homeschool our oldest kid, so we would definitely qualify, but that isn't the point. This is an academic version, they shouldn't be shipping it to people they aren't sure meet the "eligibility requirements". I'm not ordering Office Ultimate anytime soon anyway, but just like everything else on LSC lately, your ticket value is being greatly reduced, and that ticks me off...[/quote]

I see your point, but functionally it is the same product.

Microsoft and Microsoft alone is the agent that decides who qualifies for academic pricing and the only REAL difference between your product and the retail version is probably a CDKey that identifies it as academic to MS and the text on the box saying it is. If Microsoft gives you the product then you have legally obtained the academic version.

There is no law or no punishment for using the academic version when you are not involved in academics.

It is the exact same product that Microsoft gives a discount on to academia.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']I see your point, but functionally it is the same product.

Microsoft and Microsoft alone is the agent that decides who qualifies for academic pricing and the only REAL difference between your product and the retail version is probably a CDKey that identifies it as academic to MS and the text on the box saying it is. If Microsoft gives you the product then you have legally obtained the academic version.

There is no law or no punishment for using the academic version when you are not involved in academics.

It is the exact same product that Microsoft gives a discount on to academia.[/quote]
I'd like to see the terms of service before I agree with you totally, but I see your point as well...

Look, it sucks from a monetary stand point. If you got it to resale then it's a punch in the face, but if you got it to keep and use it, it won't matter, as it's the full version as the non-acedemic version.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Look, it sucks from a monetary stand point. If you got it to resale then it's a punch in the face, but if you got it to keep and use it, it won't matter, as it's the full version as the non-acedemic version.[/quote]
And that's the point, why should we be the ones taking the hit for LSC? Give us the good stuff, not cheap knock-offs or refurbs or budget versions. If they're going to give us that stuff, fine, but make sure it's clear in the description.

For those who ever redeemed free MP3 downloads.. how long did it take for you to get the coupon?

I needed instant gratification on this song that's stuck in my head and felt like getting it legally.. But this seems to be like every other prize that I have to wait for..

[quote name='steelsmack']And that's the point, why should we be the ones taking the hit for LSC? Give us the good stuff, not cheap knock-offs or refurbs or budget versions. If they're going to give us that stuff, fine, but make sure it's clear in the description.[/quote]

I totally agree. Giving out refurbs or Academic versions of software as prizes should be totally labeled as such. Unfortunately, their isn't much that can be done, unless you want to start looking into a class-action lawsuit.

Received the wireless keyboard and mouse today. I wish they would send out the controllers.

Oh the wireless keyboard works nice on an Xbox 360.

I dont mind if the prizes are refurbished or not.. But I agree they should atleast label it.

Im at 14,000 tickets right now. Hoping to get the 360 im sure it will be gone by the time I reach 55k though.

lol the 360 is such a ripoff... You know, when you go to donate tickets to school or charity, you'll see that the ticket to money exchange is 1,000 tickets to $10 (so basically every point is a penny). So in essence, you're "paying" $550 for a refurbished 20GB Xbox 360...

The Vista Ultimate is still the best value, I'd say.

I really wish they would bring back the 360 controllers as prizes. I don't see that happening anytime soon considering that several people did not receive theirs in the mail yet. #-o

the controllers may come back... I know i ordered the bluetooth optical desktop elite I havn't ever seen that back on the site... took them 7 months but i finally received it.

[quote name='Diztraught']I dont mind if the prizes are refurbished or not.. But I agree they should atleast label it.

Im at 14,000 tickets right now. Hoping to get the 360 im sure it will be gone by the time I reach 55k though.[/quote]

yea same here, im around 11,000. i hope they dont take off the 360

I was saving up for the 360, but it felt like a better decision to get two vistas and sell them. Make enough for a 360 and a little more. Then even buy the 360 on ebay and get 30% cash back.

Saves a couple of thousand points, and you would actually earn money once you got the 30% cash back ;)

[quote name='RanCham']I was saving up for the 360, but it felt like a better decision to get two vistas and sell them. Make enough for a 360 and a little more. Then even buy the 360 on ebay and get 30% cash back.

Saves a couple of thousand points, and you would actually earn money once you got the 30% cash back ;)[/QUOTE]

the 30% became 25% a few days ago, and as of now, the whole ebay cashback thing is gone. Hopefully it will come back soon.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']the 30% became 25% a few days ago, and as of now, the whole ebay cashback thing is gone. Hopefully it will come back soon.[/quote]

It will come back, just give it time. Hopefully not before I get a couple of Vista Ultimates though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back