looking for a cheap mp3 player thats at least 1 gig

That thing looks sick, how thick is it? EDIT: Crap it's out of stock on-line, do they usually get more?

I live in Canada and we don't have Radio Shack, they have those at my local Best Buy but it's 200 bucks.

yea that olmypus looks sexy i should have bought it when i was at radio shack earlier looking for a new cellphone plan lol

If you have a target near by, I've seen a few 2 Gig Rio mp3 players on clearance for around $127. I'm waiting to see if it drops in price again.

I'm looking for a cheap MP3 player as well.

At least a GB. More if possible.

I'm not looking to spend over $150. But if it was a ood deal I could see doing it.

Also, the deal needs to be at a brick and mortar store.

Anyone got anything that would fit that?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Edit: I really messed up the brick and mortar line. Anyway, I was looking around on some other topics and found some references to the Olympus M:robe. The site doesn't work anymore. But I rembeber seeing it a few weeks ago. Anyway, I went to Radio Shack and everywhere around me is sold out of them. So that is no good.

BTW, this is going to be a birthday present for my mother. I don't want to spend a lot. But I don't want to get her a piece of crap.

Thanks again.

[quote name='rly723']for $30-50 more u can get a 30/40gb nomad jukebox zen xtra...i got a 40 gb from newegg about a yr ago for around $180[/QUOTE]

I was looking at that for myself (still deciding for me but it's between the iPod nano, Zen Micro and m:robe basically), and it looks huge for a mp3 player. Is it comfortable to fit in your pocket? I'm going to be doing a ton of walking and I don't need to lug a brick with me. :D

Did some looking around on the websites of all of the stores I can think of near me.

Found these 3:

iRiver 1GB* MP3 Player - Red
Model: T30-1GB
$150

SanDisk Sansa m240 1GB* MP3 Player - Silver
Model: SDMX3-1024-A18
$130

SanDisk® Sansa™ e140 1GB MP3 Player With FM Tuner
$120

The iRiver looks the best. I've heard a lot of good things about them as well.

But... all of these require Windows 98SE or higher to work. I am still running Win98. Do I have to use their software to put music on them? Or can I use something else that would work on my computer?

Thanks again for any help.

[quote name='strebor']I was looking at that for myself (still deciding for me but it's between the iPod nano, Zen Micro and m:robe basically), and it looks huge for a mp3 player. Is it comfortable to fit in your pocket? I'm going to be doing a ton of walking and I don't need to lug a brick with me. :D[/QUOTE]

I have a 30 gb Creative Zen Xtra which I bought for $180 at Zipzoomfly.com several months ago. I have nothing but good things to say about it thus far. I started college this year and have been carrying this mp3 player in my pocket while I walk to classes with no problem at all. Sure the player is not as small as some of the other players on the market, but in my opinion it is still very portable.

I like that M:Robe alot. Looking at the DAPreview I see that it's smaller than an Ipod... very cool. And black... black is good. I see on eBay that they make a 20 GB model. Has anybody heard if this is any good?

[quote name='erehwon']If you have a target near by, I've seen a few 2 Gig Rio mp3 players on clearance for around $127. I'm waiting to see if it drops in price again.[/QUOTE]

You should check it out again, they should be $74.99 by now. I was able to snag one for $49.99 cause someone have stuck the wrong clearence sticker on it. It scanned for $74.99 but they did a price adjustment at the register. Its a pretty sweet mp3 player, really thin and it gets good battery life. On the down side RIO is now out of business so there could be some warranty issues, but since I only spent $50 bucks on it I wont feel as bad if it breaks.

[quote name='rly723']for $30-50 more u can get a 30/40gb nomad jukebox zen xtra...i got a 40 gb from newegg about a yr ago for around $180[/QUOTE]

Well I know what I want for christmas :applause:

wow found a good deal on that site..60 GB nomad jukebox zen xtra for $260 w/ $60 rebate at zipzoomfly..thats a great deal...since i got a 40 gb for around $180

bread's done
Back