Looking for a good COOP shooter for XBL

gaelan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
preferably a WW2 shooter or any other military or sci fi shooter...

non WW2, i have

doom
RB6 original and black arrow
GR2 and summit strike
chaos theory
full spectrum warrior

what else is good?
thinking about:
the newest RB6 not vegas
Brother in Arms: earned in blood
or GRAW but reviews say it sucks on the original xbox
FSW: ten hammers

A co-op shooter over XBL, huh? Your choices are pretty limited.

Conflict: Global Terror
GunGriffon: Allied Strike
Serious Sam II

I don't know of any WWII shooters that have co-op over Live.

[quote name='radjago']A co-op shooter over XBL, huh? Your choices are pretty limited.

Conflict: Global Terror
GunGriffon: Allied Strike
Serious Sam II[/quote]

are those any good? the only one i've heard of is serious sam. which of the ones i'm thinking about are worth buying?

[quote name='gaelan']are those any good? the only one i've heard of is serious sam. which of the ones i'm thinking about are worth buying?[/QUOTE]
R6: Critical Hour and Lockout were both supposed to be pretty bad, compared to 3 and Black Arrow.
Brother in Arms: Earned in Blood is almost a first-person strategy game where you command your squad more than a stright up shooter, but it's WWII and it's awesome.
GRAW for Xbox, I have no experience with, but heard it was pretty awful.
FSW: Ten Hammers, played the first game and the demo for Ten Hammers and it was okay.
Conflict: Global Terror, kind of like R6 Lite. AI's not great, but the game is a competent shooter.
Gungriffon: Allied Strike, mech shooter, haven't played it
Serious Sam II, not as good as the first, but still pretty decent. 4-player online Co-op makes up for it, but no deathmatch.

Rogue Trooper is a 3rd person over the shoulder shoter. It has online coop multiplayer missions. Although I dont think it has the story mode coop. Mostly coop challenge stuff like capture check points within a certain amount of time and other game modes along with deathmatch.

I love the game (always been a huge RT fan), but it might not be your cup of tea. check out gametrailers for what it looks like.
It plays a lot like gears of war. Cover is important. Very underrated ond overlooked game IMO.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Rogue Trooper is a 3rd person over the shoulder shoter. It has online coop multiplayer missions. Although I dont think it has the story mode coop. Mostly coop challenge stuff like capture check points within a certain amount of time and other game modes along with deathmatch.
[/QUOTE]

Rogue Trooper is fun, but the coop missions are pretty bad.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Rogue Trooper is fun, but the coop missions are pretty bad.[/quote]

what's wrong with the coop?

I didn't think the coop was that bad( its generic capture stuff or DM), but it's damn hard to find anyone who plays it at any given time.
If your not sure, give it a rent first.

Unreal Championship
Unreal Championship II: Liandri Conflict
Timesplitters 2 & Future Perfect ???

I'm pretty sure all of these games support COOP and bots. Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='Swift900']Unreal Championship
Unreal Championship II: Liandri Conflict
Timesplitters 2 & Future Perfect ???

I'm pretty sure all of these games support COOP and bots. Can anyone confirm?[/quote]

from what i've read time splitters (both) do not have online coop

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood is an awesome, awesome co-op shooter. My buddy and I regularly skirmish to stay sharp and shoot the shit. Multi-player is also 2 vs 2 so it's basically co-op against live competition. Free downloadable content seals the deal nicely.

[quote name='depascal22']Multi-player is also 2 vs 2 so it's basically co-op against live competition. Free downloadable content seals the deal nicely.[/quote]

what about coop against the AI over LIVE

You can't play the single player over Live. You can play a co-op mode called skirmish. It's very similar to the missions in single player but there are a couple different modes you can choose from.

RB6 is probably the best XBL co-op game but you already have that. UC2 is fucking great, I don't know why nobody bought that game. If anybody wants to play it let me know.

bread's done
Back