Looking for Gaming Router

Green Giant

CAG Veteran
I'm currently looking for a gaming router compatible w/ XBOX & XBOX360. I'm using an Apple Airport Extreme Base Station for my home network. Any suggestions?

I have a D-link DI-524 router that says right on the box is x-box combatible. I use have never used it with live buy I use it with my DS all the time and it works perfectly. I found it for $20 after MIR at CC. It should be cheaper now.

My bad.....I don't need a router....I need a wireless to Ethernet bridge to connect my XBOX to my Base Station . Essentially, I'm looking for an alternative to Microsoft's wireless adaptor that is compatible w/ both the original XBOX & the 360.

I fuck'd up the original post....Sorry for the confusion.

Try the WAP54G. It's what I'm using for my Xbox & PS2 to get online. It has a single Ethernet port, though I just have a switch hanging off of it for both devices.

I'm having it bridge to a Linksys WRT54G router, which was dirt-simple, though how complex it would be to hook it to an Airport Extreme is a question I can't answer. The main gist of it is getting it to talk to the Airport as a wireless bridge.

It's under $57 AR, shipped free from Buy.com:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.a...36374&Type=PE&Category=Comp&Gad=0&dcaid=15890

[quote name='shrike4242']Try the WAP54G. It's what I'm using for my Xbox & PS2 to get online. It has a single Ethernet port, though I just have a switch hanging off of it for both devices.

I'm having it bridge to a Linksys WRT54G router, which was dirt-simple, though how complex it would be to hook it to an Airport Extreme is a question I can't answer. The main gist of it is getting it to talk to the Airport as a wireless bridge.

It's under $57 AR, shipped free from Buy.com:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.a...36374&Type=PE&Category=Comp&Gad=0&dcaid=15890[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the help....Based on a few posts that I found on Apple's message boards, it appears that the WRT54G will work with my Airport Extreme. However, it may be a little tricky...

bread's done
Back