looking for princess mononoke

I was in Sears the other day and they had a small selection of $12.99 anime. Princess Mononoke was one of the titles, along with Ninja Scroll, Read or Die, Street Fighter Alpha, and a few others I can't remember (all movies/OVAs, no tv series). I was surprised as I've never seen anime at Sears. Might want to check yours to see if they have Mononoke.

[quote name='Kuma']Theres going to be a double dip real soon as theres a 2disk special edition of Mononoke coming out[/quote]Have any proof of that?

[quote name='Kuma']Theres going to be a double dip real soon as theres a 2disk special edition of Mononoke coming out[/quote]

Wait what is a double dip, and how soon?

[quote name='assassinX']Wait what is a double dip, and how soon?[/quote]There won't be one. Nothing has been announced. He thinks that Mononoke will receive a 2-disc SE because the other Miyazaki films have, but nothing has been mentioned about it. I don't think Disney even owns the rights to it.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']There won't be one. Nothing has been announced. He thinks that Mononoke will receive a 2-disc SE because the other Miyazaki films have, but nothing has been mentioned about it. I don't think Disney even owns the rights to it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they do. Disney owns Miramax which is who put it out in America. I have not heard of anything but they did re-realease My Neighbor Totoro so you never know. Who cares though since he is getting it for his friend.

$21.59
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/HCSvEEh86i9aJO1ovy/browse/item/40904/4/0/0

[quote name='thorbahn3']Yeah they do. Disney owns Miramax which is who put it out in America. I have not heard of anything but they did re-realease My Neighbor Totoro so you never know. Who cares though since he is getting it for his friend.

$21.59
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/HCSvEEh86i9aJO1ovy/browse/item/40904/4/0/0[/quote]The first Totoro DVD was produced by Fox, so when Disney acquired the rights, they released the standard Miyazaki 2-disc, with hardly any bonus features. Since Miramax has already released Mononoke, don't expect a SE. Also consider that the current Mononoke DVD has more features than any of the 2-disc Disney releases.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']The first Totoro DVD was produced by Fox, so when Disney acquired the rights, they released the standard Miyazaki 2-disc, with hardly any bonus features. Since Miramax has already released Mononoke, don't expect a SE. Also consider that the current Mononoke DVD has more features than any of the 2-disc Disney releases.[/QUOTE]

The Disney ones have more features. The My Neighbor Totoro DVD for example has a behind the mic (english cast) original Japanese trailer and the whole storyboard on the second disc. Mononoke has all that minus the storyboard.

Sprited Away and Howl's have even more than that (most likely because they're newer movies)

Sam Goody in Boise, ID had Princess Mononoke new for $12.99. Not on sale. Might wanna call your local Sam/Suncoast and see if they can hook you up.

[quote name='assassinX']Should I get the dvd at deepdiscountdvd? Is that one new and sealed?[/QUOTE]

You should. At $16.74 with free shipping, you can't go wrong. By the way, DDD only sell new dvds if i'm not mistaken.

My sincere apologies, my memory was faulty. Thankfully you didn't waste the trip, though.

It's actually 22.99. Not 12.99. I don't know why I thought 22.99 was such a good deal. Probably because it has traditionally retailed for 29.99.

bread's done
Back