Looking to buy a 360

Mr Unoriginal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Title says it all. Would prefer a newer model, but not looking to spend a ton since I'm replacing a red ring. Don't really need controllers or games, but you can offer a package if you have it.

i believe MS should fix your red ring problem if you contacted them about it, unless it red ringed twice the idk about that

[quote name='exaznkid']i believe MS should fix your red ring problem if you contacted them about it, unless it red ringed twice the idk about that[/QUOTE]

I think it's out of warranty. The system is around 3 or 4 years old.

i dont think i had any warranty either since i bought my system used off of ebay, it wouldnt hurt to ask them since i think they acknowledge the RROD as a defect, that is if it is the older models

I thought Microsoft fixed red rings regardless of warranty, any other error would require it but the RRoD doesn't need it.

I've sent in tons of xboxs and i'm sure most of them were way off warranty. They even gave me a free month gold every time :p

[quote name='ShadowSx']I thought Microsoft fixed red rings regardless of warranty, any other error would require it but the RRoD doesn't need it.

I've sent in tons of xboxs and i'm sure most of them were way off warranty. They even gave me a free month gold every time :p[/QUOTE]

I called and that's what they said. It may not be the normal warranty. Something like 3 years, but either way, they would not fix it for free.

MS extended the warranty for RRoD to 3 years instead of the normal 1 year, but there is still a time limit on it. I'd offer to sell you my old xbox (an original white from day 1) but I think the disc drive is starting to go, and I wouldn't want you to pay good cash for it and have it crash on you a few months later.

[quote name='Worhammer']MS extended the warranty for RRoD to 3 years instead of the normal 1 year, but there is still a time limit on it. I'd offer to sell you my old xbox (an original white from day 1) but I think the disc drive is starting to go, and I wouldn't want you to pay good cash for it and have it crash on you a few months later.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
I'm worried about the same thing buying it used, but it's hard to justify $200 for a new unit.

You should check out Amazon Warehouse. I got my 4GB Slim for 140 about a year ago. They go for about 150 on amazon warehouse right now.

bread's done
Back