Magna carta 2 Demo review

Takeda_Hensetsu

CAG Veteran
After playing the Magna Carta 2 demo Via the japanese demo there are a few things that you can notice as soon as you play the demo

1st, The graphics are gorgeous, with amazing detail and classic Rpg style. The Unreal engine goes far with this title. although some backround elements are fully rendered they still look beautiful. character desings are original and stay true to the first game. also the voice overs and lip syncing are...i would say perfect but thats just me ^_^

2nd. The gameplay is very smooth and lucid, bringing classic back to life with character conversations similar to the tales series, and every npc being interactive. The battle system however has its ups and downs. similar to infinate undiscovery all battles are real time and you enter and leave battle via left trigger. At first the battle system is kind of slow but once you get used to it it flows very nicely. Using a unique chain and overdrive system players build up a status bar and once full you can swich between one of three charatcers creating a chain, giving your next charater a power boost. on the downside to this if you use a specific charater for too long they overheat and cannot attack for about 3-4 seconds. Thus switching between all of your party members becomes a major factor in the battle system.
Over all with alil work the battle system can become very fast and smooth

3rd. I personaly cant say much less anything about the story cause the demo was in japanese and i cant read the kanji, so you might want to ask cheepyD about that one.

Lastly i would give the demo a 9 for graphics
a 7 for gameplay
and an unknown for the story

That's a good question, i would have to say its very similar to the first magna Carta, and in a way similar to star ocean 3 but slower. the non battle gameplay you can say reminds you of the tales series when it comes to character interaction

bread's done
Back