Martial Arts Films Suggestions (new and old films welcome)

[quote name='ced']Speaking of Tony Jaa, if you ever see a copy of Spirited Killer, AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS. It gives Tony Jaa top billing, but he's in the film for 7-10 minutes tops. Outside of his cameo fight, it's the drizzling shits.[/QUOTE]

I got tricked by "The Protector". He has a supermarket fight scene lasting app. 3 minutes.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Check out Redbelt[/QUOTE]

Great movie! It also caused Tegan and Sara to write a song called Red Belt (weird how that works out, I know). Kinda want to watch the movie again.

Same with IP Man. I fucking love IP Man.

Nice, I hadn't seen this thread before. I'm about to watch The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, followed by The Chinese Connection. I've added some of the films you guys mentioned to my queue :)

watched a movie today called Drop its nnot a martial arts movie but it does have alot of fighting and is worth checking out. its about this private school kid who dreams of being a yob ( japanese thug or gang member) he leaves his school to go to a public high school. its a funny movie with some sick fight scenes.

Watching Donnie Yen's "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen".

So awesome.

Looking forward to "The Man From Nowhere" next. It's on the streaming queue.

Also, "Little Big Soldier" with Jackie Chan looks decent.

[quote name='shieryda']Watching Donnie Yen's "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen".

So awesome.

Looking forward to "The Man From Nowhere" next. It's on the streaming queue.

Also, "Little Big Soldier" with Jackie Chan looks decent.[/QUOTE]

ive been waiting to see the man from nowhere for a few months now trying to find it online the commercials for it made it look damn good.

Watched "The Man from Nowhere" last night on the streaming queue. Man, that movie was more brutal than the trailer led me to believe. Movie was so incredibly awesome!

[quote name='shieryda']Watched "The Man from Nowhere" last night on the streaming queue. Man, that movie was more brutal than the trailer led me to believe. Movie was so incredibly awesome![/QUOTE]

was it a dub or sub version and if so where did you see it? i really want to see that flick.

[quote name='whoknows']It's subbed on Netflix.[/QUOTE]

nice guess ill finally be trying netflix thanks for the info man.

Check out Muay Thai Giant on Netflix instant q. It's a comedy but there's some fighting in there. Funny as hell. The 2 girls from Power Kids (also on netflix) are in there. It's kinda stupid but made me lol so many times.

Watched "The Touch" before it got removed from Netflix instant queue. Not too bad. Anything with Michelle Yeoh is usually decent. Any of ya'll seen anything good recently? Need to revise this thread! Lots of new (old) Jackie Chan films in the instant queue now, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah ive seen some decent ones on netflix but many of those were the kind with amazing fight scenes but shit storylines.

clash: one of the best damn female fighters ive seen in a while.

B 13: its french and full of parkour and fighting shit story.

bko bangkok knockout: shit story lots of cool fights.

hard revenge milly: theres 2 of these on there the first is short an the second is full length fight very cool an odd gore and violent effects.

shamo: its an ok fighter.

bangkok dangerous: more of a gun flick but very cool.

all of these are on netflix an theres alot more just havent seen them all yet.

oh yeah b 13 has a sequel as well more of the same. oh yeah and revenge of the ninja an pray for death are on there as is american ninja. wish ninja 3 domination was but nope.

I love how this thread just randomly revives once or twice a year :lol:

I watched Yes, Madam (In the Line of Duty 2) on Netflix the other day. Michelle Yeoh (in her first action role!) and Cynthia Rothrock taking on the likes of Dick Wei with Tsui Hark in an acting role and Corey Yuen directing. Good mid-80s martial arts fun.

I noticed both Tiger Cage movies (with Donnie Yen) on Netflix, too. I've been meaning to see those for a while, so hopefully I will soon.

Anyone else excited for The Raid? The reviews I've read and the trailer convinced me to look for it when it comes out in theaters.

[quote name='moon_knight']Anyone else excited for The Raid? The reviews I've read and the trailer convinced me to look for it when it comes out in theaters.[/QUOTE]

Definitely excited for it. Noel Murray's comment on it at the AV Club is brilliant: " Watch any given 15 minutes of The Raid and you’ve pretty much seen The Raid. But why the hell would you only watch 15 minutes?" His categorization of the movie? Unapologetic badassery

I started to watch District 13: Ultimatum a couple weeks ago. I was drunk, though, and the subtitles made me tired so I went to bed. Would like to start it over and watch it, though.

Don't know anything about The Raid, but I'm intrigued now.

theres one on netflix you have to see to believe lol. its called the assailant and to sum it up its a ma film set during post slavery brazil with capoeira as the ma. so yeah newly freed slaves fighting their enemies with capoiera.......

[quote name='lokizz']theres one on netflix you have to see to believe lol. its called the assailant and to sum it up its a ma film set during post slavery brazil with capoeira as the ma. so yeah newly freed slaves fighting their enemies with capoiera.......[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sounds cool, but you didn't say if it's any good ;)

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yeah, it sounds cool, but you didn't say if it's any good ;)[/QUOTE]

from what i can take its shit but its worth it just to laugh at the stuff thats going on lol.

Watched the first Tiger Cage last night. Man, Donnie Yen and Simon Yam look astoundingly young. As a movie, it's ok. It's basically a corrupt cop story with some shootouts and fight scenes mixed in, all directed by Yuen Woo Ping.

It's totally worth watching at least the first fifteen minutes or so for the crazy opening shootout. Those are some bouncy bodies. The fight scenes are a bit short, though there's a pretty good one in the middle of the movie between Donnie and Michael Woods and some solid action at the end. When the action is going, it's a pretty fun watch, but there are some slow bits in between.

Once Upon a Time in Highschool: Its a korean film that happens to have some fights in it the fight at the end is awesome overall its a great movie you can find it streaming online.

bread's done
Back