Mass Effect Screenshot

dmorr

CAG Veteran
Hi all,

I have a really big favor to ask of anyone that is willing to help me out. I am the editor for my community college's newspaper, and one of my writers did a review for Mass Effect. The thing is, we have no way of taking a screenshot, basically because we don't have the cord to hook the Xbox up to our computers. And we don't know another way of doing it.

So, if anyone is willing to help me out by taking a screenshot of them playing the game so that I could use it in my school's paper, it would be a life saver. Otherwise, the review is going to run without art, and look like shit. I will be completely willing to credit you below the picture, and send you the final pdf of the paper via email so you can see your work.

Thank you sooooooooooo much!

PS: I figured this fell under "other requests." If not, please move it for me. Thanks!

I suppose I have a concern about the bioware shots, and that is it'll be illegal for me to use them. Think they would care?

I'm going to try the digital camera, although taking pictures of your tv never works out.

Thanks guys!

[quote name='dmorr']I suppose I have a concern about the bioware shots, and that is it'll be illegal for me to use them. Think they would care?

I'm going to try the digital camera, although taking pictures of your tv never works out.

Thanks guys![/quote]

why would it be illegal to use screenshots of a game that anyone can buy?

[quote name='Malik112099']why would it be illegal to use screenshots of a game that anyone can buy?[/quote]

it may not be illegal, but to reuse them in your school's newspaper w/o consent may be a problem.. My college newspaper has to go through a lot of hoops to make sure everything is not plagarized, in which this case could be so.

IIRC from my media industry courses, I would say taking it yourself with a digital camera is more "legal" than stealing them off of another game reviewer's website. That would be plagarism, while taking the photo yourself to use during a review of the game would be considered "fair use."

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']IIRC from my media industry courses, I would say taking it yourself with a digital camera is more "legal" than stealing them off of another game reviewer's website. That would be plagarism, while taking the photo yourself to use during a review of the game would be considered "fair use."[/quote]

I agree with this. In the case of BioWare's website, though, I don't see them caring if screens are used in a game review. Their game (from what I've heard) is near flawless, and any publicity about it is good. They're not going to be losing money on a newspaper running a screen when it's basically giving them free ad space.

bread's done
Back