Micro Center promos 10/29 - 11/11 - Halo 3$29.99 w/ trade-ins

eshbums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
:360:Buy PGR4 and get PGR3 for only $9.99

:pc:Buy Guild Wars Eyes of the North and save 50% off of Nightfall standard, Factions, or Guild Wars

15% off orange sticker merchandise

:ds:Buy a DS Lite and get Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix DS for $9.99

:360:Buy Halo 3 standard edition & get the Halo Strategy Guide for $9.99

:hot::360:Trade in 3 XBox 360 games and get credit + coupon for $29.99 Halo3 standard edition

Trade in 2 XBox 360 or PS3 games and get $10 extra trade-in credit

:ps3:Extra $15 trade in credit for PS2 slim towards purchase of PS3

:ds:Extra $10 trade in credit for DS/DS Lite towards purchase of DS Lite

:360:360 Pro Bundle (Pro system, extra wireless controller, Halo3 standard, Halo 3 strat guide) for $459.96

:360:360 Elite Bundle (Elite system, extra elite wireless controller, Bioshock) for $549.96

*Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards game department merchandise only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Good at participating locations only.

[quote name='mike111']Thanks for informing me ITDEFX. Did your refurb had a microsoft warranty seal intach?[/QUOTE]

you mean the paper work that normally comes with a retail 360 ? Mine didn't come with it, however I don't think MS wants that, they just want the 360 after you send the coffin :|

[quote name='sav2880']Would you mind if I asked which store? You've peaked my curiosity![/QUOTE]

We're in the City Center mall right now but this store is closing on the 9th and we're opening up Level One Games in Hilliard on the 15th.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Then be my guest and take the atari games into a Microcenter center and post your amazing credit results here :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I already know they don't take them in. You just missed the entire point of my post then. Good job dude.

Wow, sticking it out in City Center. Ballsy store.

Good luck in Hilliard. Everytime these stores come and go, it makes me wish I had the stones to open up a non-chain video game store in an industry with low margins (aside from used games).

[quote name='Xeno G']

Yeah, I already know they don't take them in. You just missed the entire point of my post then. Good job dude.[/QUOTE]

Well then don't ask ridiculous questions. Of course they aren't going to take them in. Just cause they took SNES games, doesn't necessary mean they will take Atari games either... Now see if that Atari Retro Flashback or whatever it was called caused a major uprise in Atari cart popularly and the demand for such item suddenly appeared , then yes I can see Microcenter selling/buying Atari carts... but this is not the case, sadly.

Looking at the Halo 3 deal,

Does anybody know if they would take more than one of the same game for this deal? Also on top of that, is it possible to trade in like 6 games and get two copies of Halo 3 for 30 each? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='aphu9876']Looking at the Halo 3 deal,

Does anybody know if they would take more than one of the same game for this deal? Also on top of that, is it possible to trade in like 6 games and get two copies of Halo 3 for 30 each? Thanks in advance.[/quote]
Probably YMMV on both. I'm guessing there's a limit on number of copies like at Gamerush which is 2 officially, but the store I go to only allows 1. They probably won't give you two at once, but you could go back again later for another one.

[quote name='aphu9876']Looking at the Halo 3 deal,

Does anybody know if they would take more than one of the same game for this deal? Also on top of that, is it possible to trade in like 6 games and get two copies of Halo 3 for 30 each? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The "Halo 3 for $29.99" is a coupon that takes Halo 3 (standard edition only) down to $29.99.

If you trade in $30 worth of games and combined the trade in value with the coupon, you'd get the game for free.

It's one coupon per transaction. If you trade in 2 games on one trip you get one coupon. If you trade in 20 games on one trip you get one coupon.

Took some K-mart clearance games for the Halo 3 trade on Saturday and it went very smooth minus the walking in at the moment the game associate was walking out for lunch and nobody else in the store knowing it which resulted in an hour of talking to lots of employees who couldn't find the one guy in the store who could do game trade-ins. Other than that well worth it for the few dollars i ended up getting Halo 3 for.

[quote name='aphu9876']Took some K-mart clearance games for the Halo 3 trade on Saturday and it went very smooth minus the walking in at the moment the game associate was walking out for lunch and nobody else in the store knowing it which resulted in an hour of talking to lots of employees who couldn't find the one guy in the store who could do game trade-ins. Other than that well worth it for the few dollars i ended up getting Halo 3 for.[/QUOTE]

yep it happens in my store a lot, out of like the 10 some people who work in shifts in that department, only 2 know what the hell they are doing.

[quote name='aphu9876']Took some K-mart clearance games for the Halo 3 trade on Saturday and it went very smooth minus the walking in at the moment the game associate was walking out for lunch and nobody else in the store knowing it which resulted in an hour of talking to lots of employees who couldn't find the one guy in the store who could do game trade-ins. Other than that well worth it for the few dollars i ended up getting Halo 3 for.[/quote]
I called for some quotes Friday and the only guy who could do it was on break. I'm on hold with them right now. . .

[quote name='ITDEFX']if Eb can pull that same shit, what stops them from doing the same shit to Microcenter Customers?[/QUOTE]

Microcenter just screws the customer even more.

Gamestop/EB at least lives in the real world - they'll give you 10 or 12 bucks for a game they sell for $30-$40. A rip-off for sure, but at least an acknowledgement that they'll give a few bucks more because they sell for more.

Microcenter, on the other hand, will often offer 50 cents or $1.50 for a game they sell for $20 - $40. That's just silly.

Of course, as with every retailer, there are some games they are "generous" on here or there. But their (let's call it "margin of error" when they actually give you a reasonable value for a game) is much more narrow than GS/EB. And ESPECIALLY so for a company who is trying to get a used gaming department up and running (you would think they would want to encourage people to trade in games).

bread's done
Back